Roll cage February 05, 2024 09:17AM
I think every pulling vehicle should have a roll cage especially the T bucket they are not any better than the tractors and minis the driver seat out in the open

Re: Roll cage February 05, 2024 09:50AM
Seems like a reasonable idea to me. Not really sure why they don't. Maybe pulling should be proactive not reactivate.

Re: Roll cage February 05, 2024 11:08AM
I’d include all the so called “farm stock” classes that go down the track at 25+ MPH.

Re: Roll cage February 06, 2024 12:34AM
Totally agree!! Why is it always a fight to get safety equipment but performance upgrades happen every year? My vote is anyone running over road gear needs one

Re: Roll cage February 06, 2024 12:56AM
I'll agree about the farm stocks, but I don't think twds really need it.
I can scarely think of one ever going over and that's largely due to the drawbar being above axle centerline and the triangulation of force that creates to plant tires vs everything else where the triangulation is reversed as well as over-centering in a rollover initiation where drawbar force on the low side then actually begins pulling it over instead of planting it and all that geometry. I can see it in my head I guess. Maybe Bob Barbee could explain better what I am trying to say and correct me if I am wrong.

My daughter is a physics major at Western Michigan. May be a term paper for her, lol.

CP

Re: Roll cage February 06, 2024 06:59AM
It doesn't have to be a rollover. A sled malfunction, the vehicle gets sideways against a wall. There are plenty of potential hazards that are possible. A why not a roll cage? One accident and the next week everyone will be scrambling to meet the new safety mandate.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Roll cage February 06, 2024 11:18AM
The “farm stock” guys will tell you “It doesn’t look like a farm tractor if it has a cage”. Anyone but the most casual fan knows that anything that can drag the sled in road gear (or faster) isn’t pulling a planter or a plow. Most (but not all) require a ROPS, but I would argue that is not as safe as a cage. Have yet to see skis on any farm stock.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520