SBJD Farm Stock setup February 09, 2024 02:28PM
Hey guys,
I’m looking for some advice on which way to go with my 4440 farm stock tractor. I started out with a factory quad range 4440 and wanted it it to be a little more competitive in our local 10,500 hot farm /farm stock class. I had rursch specialties build a clutch setup , Don slama built the piston valve along with all the nessessary safety equipment. I put an old CDS diesel built A pump set at 500cc with injectors, lines and a 3x3 CDS turbo and we fire ringed the head. However with all that being said , I didn’t touch the valve train of the engine. After the first few hooks of getting it figured out and trying to get it to lite . The cam gear spun and bent most of the valves , push rods , broke a few lifters and damaged the pistons.

At the current moment the head is at Riverside getting re worked by phil, I will also have his cam, roller rockers , pistons Ect. My question is this, I am thinking on going to a smaller turbo and pump to run a little more consistent and reliable and just have fun . What would your recommendations be? Should I just have him put a steel nose on the cam, run my factory valve train components with a smaller charger /rpm limit pump? What’s everyone’s recommendation for a good reliable brush pulling setup? Thank you!

Re: SBJD Farm Stock setup February 10, 2024 12:42AM
You will see improvements with a performance grind cam over the factory cam.

Re: SBJD Farm Stock setup February 10, 2024 03:55PM
Crank gear should be tig welded on also. Is it crank or cam driven oil pump? If Phil has the head it will probably come back with heavier valve springs. Steel nose cam and straight cut timing gears would not hurt anything.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520