Engine build suggestions February 23, 2024 06:04AM
I’m looking at building a 4300 Pro Stock mini truck and am looking for some input on the engine build. The rules state that it needs to be a small block engine and have a maximum displacement of 366ci. The chassis I have is set up for a sbc so my first thought was to get a 350 and bore it out. The problem with that is that I would need to bore it out to 80 over to get ~364ci. This seems like too much to me. Any suggestions for a better route or other things I need to do to the engine would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Engine build suggestions February 23, 2024 07:42AM
6.0 LS, end of discussion.

Re: Engine build suggestions February 25, 2024 01:48PM
Change the crank to a bit longer stroke. I’m having a brain fart and can’t remember, but I think my 358 is .125 over stock stroke with a stock bore. Easy to figure it. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get a Dart block if your rules allow.
Or do as the other poster suggested and go to the LS engine. Getting to be lots of aftermarket parts for them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520