Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 28, 2024 03:46AM
Did anyone see this tractor pull? What did you think?

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 28, 2024 05:46AM
Looks impressive on youtube

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 29, 2024 07:46AM
Dick that is how he got the name BOOM BOOM

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 28, 2024 06:18AM
Dave strangle was a great man back in the day him and Ron could make all kind of power out of that tractor it made the red and green look bad at times

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 28, 2024 06:48AM
I went a indoor pull years ago in Harrisburg PA ( testing my memory) and the tractor detonated and it was so loud, shook the building.

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 28, 2024 11:03AM
I saw him pull in Terra houte, in 1977. Home on leave from USMC, we went there to watch. Was also the 1st time I saw Arfons turbine, Had a Dana 60 in it, with plantaries. Some outfit was there making a movie called "DIRT". pulling was just one part of the movie. Stangle did good if I remember right. It was a while back!!!

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 29, 2024 09:00AM
plb
I saw him pull in Terra houte, in 1977. Home on leave from USMC, we went there to watch. Was also the 1st time I saw Arfons turbine, Had a Dana 60 in it, with plantaries. Some outfit was there making a movie called "DIRT". pulling was just one part of the movie. Stangle did good if I remember right. It was a while back!!!

I went digging, the movie "Dirt" is free on Amazon Prime. Pulling starts at 53 minute mark. Several familiar names and machines. Arfons, Barga, Stangle, Harness, Banter, McVey, many more. Some of the best quality footage I've seen from that era.

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 29, 2024 11:48AM
I also found that if you google the movie dirt 1979 it will come up too. it`s like you said, 53 min mark. short clip too.

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 29, 2024 11:15AM
I was at that pull as well. Also saw him run at Indy. Heard the announcer say at least a portion of all those hoses actually did something.

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 29, 2024 02:18PM
I saw Ron Perry pull it several times in the early 1970's before Dave took over the driving duties.

Re: Did anyone see Dave Stangle Solid Junk pull? February 29, 2024 11:01PM
Saw him pull several times at the Bull Pull in Hamburg, Erie County Fair.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520