Knapp Motorsports for sale April 22, 2024 01:47PM
Saw on Facebook that Chuck Knapp has the whole operation for sale due to health issues.
Let the speculation begin.

Future of unlimited class April 22, 2024 01:57PM
The unlimited class is my favorite class, but I'm skeptical it will be around much longer. I heard an interview with Joe Eder a year ago where he said his current ride is the last one he will build. How old is Wayne Purser? Ricky Rose? David Richardson? (asking rhetorically, don't need an answer but those guys have been pulling a long time).

I hope new pullers will enter the class, or some existing pullers will upgrade, but at some point, NTPA may need to make their 7500 mod class their top level mod class (or adopt PPL weight break).

Re: Future of unlimited class April 23, 2024 02:51AM
The Unlimited class has more vehicles than the mod class in ppl. So why would the NTPA need to adopt their rules?

Re: Future of unlimited class April 23, 2024 04:50AM
NTPA should not adopt their rules. But both the unlimited and the PPL mods had 10 tractors in the class last year.

Re: Future of unlimited class April 23, 2024 04:54AM
NTPA Modifieds and PPL Super Modifieds run the same rules other than PPL has 200 more pounds.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Future of unlimited class April 24, 2024 07:36PM
Quality of the show doesn't compare. ppl didn't have 10 very often that I recall. 3 or 4 turbines that have zero chance to win, and I like turbines. Also Leischner isn't getting.any younger either. Maybe ppl should adopt NTPA Unlimited rules?!

Re: Future of unlimited class April 23, 2024 06:36AM
It all will wind up in Farley if it does actually sell. Did Shelton’s sell both of theirs yet?

Re: Knapp Motorsports for sale April 22, 2024 03:08PM
Dirtfarmer
Saw on Facebook that Chuck Knapp has the whole operation for sale due to health issues.
Let the speculation begin.

First and foremost - Let's pray the best for Chuck and his long-term health, no speculation required on that.

As to the equipment - Good iron usually finds a good home, give it time.

Re: Knapp Motorsports for sale April 22, 2024 09:27PM
We would all like to hope so. However Doug Livelys Bank Robber rolling chassis is still for sale how many years later.

Re: Knapp Motorsports for sale April 23, 2024 01:03AM
My guess is that it wont sell and we'll hopefully see Chuck out this summer. Praying for his health.

As for the future of the unlimited class I think only time will tell but I think all of us here can agree we love that class and hope it stays around.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard