Superhick September 30, 2009 01:58PM
Anyone know when the superhick of the Batliners is going to make a run?

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 02:33PM
they just won the Superfarm class at Georgetown tonight on the maiden voyage with a new motor !
Score one for the other Red !

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 03:09PM
heck yeah massey all the way is he runnin a big sisu motor or a 640 perkins??

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 04:03PM
it sounded more like an ih motor, maybee it is the 40 series like in the hurricane allis.

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 04:08PM
it is the Sisu 6 cylinder engine.

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 04:11PM
hmm... well its probably a 513 sisu then because a v8 perkins has a completly differnt sound than other motors pullin and besides the 513 sisu-valmet motor was what came in an 8160 stock

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 05:07PM
Man im mad i missed it. Does anyone know if someone got any video of the run and would be able to post it. Also does anyone know if they were running a PPL or an NTPA setup. I know they ran a lot of Mid South before.

Re: Superhick September 30, 2009 11:40PM
ntpa set up i heard them say, seems like it ran awfully good for the first time out. there were some other real good running tractors there.

Re: Superhick October 01, 2009 06:39AM
Hate to be a pain but was everyone else running a PPL setup?

Re: Superhick October 01, 2009 02:25PM
Yep its the 513 SISU, Riverside, ~620, can't wait to see it run!.

Re: Superhick October 01, 2009 03:00PM
yup me too.. ive been wonderin how that engine would do in super farm....

Re: Superhick October 02, 2009 11:48PM
It must be one heck of a motor.

Supposedly no dyno time, NTPA set up, and at a non sanctioned (read non-teched) pull.

I'll bet he isn't that far out next summer after going through tech.

If he is, good for him.

Re: Superhick October 03, 2009 10:08AM
It been on a dyno and it was running stonger when it left

Re: Superhick October 03, 2009 10:25AM
Dixie Deere put 20 feet on Superhick last night in lawrenceburg tn. at the fair pull.

Re: Superhick October 03, 2009 02:08PM
thats the deere's home town pull who fimished 2nd. how far back

Re: Superhick October 04, 2009 02:44AM
SUPERHICK was second at 304 DEERE TRAXX was third at 303

Re: Superhick October 04, 2009 04:27AM
If they had been in a higher gear, the results would have been different. The power of the Massy was strong.

Re: Superhick October 04, 2009 05:45AM
I HEARD THE TRANSMISSION BROKE

Re: Superhick October 04, 2009 05:56AM
i talked to joes brother at the edmonton pull and he didnt say anything about it so idk bout the tranny

Re: Superhick October 04, 2009 06:40AM
it jumped out of gear from what i could tell, he drove it of the track.

Re: Superhick October 04, 2009 10:07AM
The superhick had all the gear it could stand.He did not have another foot left in his run he was done.I hate to admit it but that deere has the power.I think he has just got things figured out.I think he is a honest nice guy.

Re: Superhick 2009 October 04, 2009 08:16PM
My hats off to the Batliners,they like most of us on this website they love Tractor pulling
and instead of bleeding John Deere green, IH red, Allis Chalmers orange etc. they bleed
Massey Ferguson red and chose to venture out into uncharted territory with a motor
that is part the Massey Ferguson lineage but new to the Superfarm class.
They sat out of the sport for the better part of 2 years and were fortunate enough to make some
runs before the 2009 season concludes and I wish them good luck and success in sending an
"Underdog" Brand towards the front of the class.
Go Massey and go Batliners !

Re: Superhick video October 05, 2009 05:36AM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Superhick video October 05, 2009 06:03AM
seen tractor run in l,burg fri nite it looks strong .who was the competition at the georgetown pull

Re: Superhick 2009 October 06, 2009 03:07PM
The truth is that anyone can build an IH or a Deere all you have to have is a checkbook and a telephone. One call to a chasis builder and the other to Riverside. These guys are doing something different to try and make the suprefarm class more that just red and green like the Prostock class has become. The Sisu engine can be run in any AGCO product which will bring everything back into the class like Oliver, White, and even AC. Plus the Batliners have proven that the Sisu motor is competitive against both PPL and NTPA setups. Also these guys are a class act when it comes to pulling and everything they do is a work of art, just look at that tractor close next time you are around it.

Re: Superhick 2009 October 07, 2009 03:45AM
I admire Batliners for trying something different, but they made the phone call to Riverside and "wrote the check." Is it really that much different than the Deere & IH guys????

Re: Superhick 2009 October 07, 2009 07:57AM
If you want a competitive motor in superfarm or any class for that matter who do you call? Riverside. How many people do you think were willing to build a motor for one person and know that the market for that engine would most likely be just that one. My hats off to Riverside for taking that chance and proving that he is where to go to get a competitive superfarm motor regardless of the color. They might have wrote a check for the motor but that doesnt change the fact that they still took the class in a different direction and are trying to be innovators.

Re: Sassey Massey 2008 / Superhick 2009 October 08, 2009 06:21PM
Hats off to batliners on there new motor, I'm a die hard massey man. But the truth is it is very hard and $ to get a new model motor built to compete in the NTPA or any other large association. In 2006 I started building my super farm massey, I wen't with the 634DS or most know it in the 8160 massey what was a valmet motor. Now it's owned by SiSu. To the best of my info George Brite was the first to pull this motor in the states in a Valtra. The first massey pulling with this motor I think might have been mine. And back when I was building it there was days when I wish I wasn't the first. I called all the well known engine builders and tolld them I wanted to make a valmet massey super farm tractor. They said you want to make a what ? Most of them said they would do it when they get some free time, but they also told me to not plan on getting it for the next year or so. By the way how long is SO? And when I asked how much it would $ I was told around about number plus time and materials. Thats the scary part when you start with the first girdle and heads 'timing gears, sleeves, head gaskets and so on. Don't get me wrong I under stand these guys got bills to pay too, But there is a price to pay when being a pioneer. You can't call up Hypermax or GMS or Riverside or Stab to get your parts off the shelf. And when you do get it going thats when you start finding all the weak spots in the motor. At one time JD and IH had to do the same but now a days they have a pretty good grip on it. They know most of the weak spots and have a cure for them before they send them down the track. In 2008 we started our first full season with all sorts of luck some good some bad. We got in the bottom ten in tomah and by the end of the season we were running about mid pack in our local circuits. In 2009 we started out on the dyno, this was long over due and was a great first time experience. We ended up in the TOP ten in tomah on fridays first session and I was going to be happy in the top twenty. It was a great day for our under cubed valmet all though the track position was good for us. It wasn't long after we found another weak spot that wasn't able to be fixed right away sense no one had what we needed on the shelf. All and all I think the SiSu or valmet what ever you want to call it will be up in with the rest of the colors after they get more track time to get the bugs out. Good luck to the batliners and all other massey pullers, its about time to see a different color on top! Thanks to the pulling fans and all my crew not to mention the competition.

Re: Superhick October 05, 2009 10:57AM
The Sassy Massey ran the valmet/Si Su in tomah this year. It looked good and ended up 7th out of 46 on friday. The Massey tractors have another option beside the v8 perkins. Just give this new valmet/Si Su some time on the track and it will be a contender for the other colors.

Re: Superhick October 06, 2009 09:22AM
Did Batliner's pull there 1155 massy at edmonton in the farm stock class or pro field

Re: Superhick October 06, 2009 02:40PM
I think he pulled in 10,500 Farm and 10,500 Pro Field. Awsome performance.

Re: Superhick October 06, 2009 07:19PM
yup put 30 feet on them even the hot ih and deere tractors didnt stand a chance aginst him ..... massey all the way!!

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 04:31AM
Turn there rpms down to 3000rpms and tighten that turbo down to 2.5 and then see what happens that 1155 don't stand a change in a rpm class

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 07:07AM
whatch out now ive seen 1155s and other v8 masseys beat all kinds of jds and ihs yes they are difficult to get runnin right tho because its harder to get the torque out off a v8 engine and perkins enigines have choked heads with small valves... but the batliners have mastered these engines and make them run top notch......... and fyi he ran in a farm stock class were anything meaning rpms goes without question he wasnt the only tractor in that class runnin over 4000rpms!!!

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 08:53AM
I agree with your coments. I believe that ther is an 1155 that pulls with IAMO that has won the points championship the last 2 years in a 3000 RPM limit class. So never say never!!

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 10:01AM
I agree with the rpms at 3000 the masseys are very hard to make run. It can be done but the 640 perkins needs to be used and not the 540. If I remember correctly the Batliner's 1155 is a true 540 and most likely every other tractor in that class had more cubic inch than that. V8s need rpm to run plain and simple.

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 10:13AM
i agree they do need alot of rpms to run right but what i was sayin was the ihs and jds were runnin well over 3000 rpms too but what really is impressive is that in ran that good with a sims inline pump not a bosch ... a sims pump.. but yeah at low rpms the 540 cant create enough power due to the shorter stroke... plain and simple it needs high rpms

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 10:50AM
The 1155 that runs with IAMO is a true 540 engine and has been very consistently competitive for several years at 3000 RPMs with several wins in that time period. It is neat to see a different color win.

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 10:54AM
yes it i love it when i win or see another massey puller win because alot of people think that masseys are a joke on the track .... i love proving them wrong lol

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 01:27PM
Ive seen the batliners pull many times and am a big fan i pull an ih but grew up on masseys i have never seen the batliners run an rpm class. and what i was saying is if we let them run their 540ci tractor in our 470 ci class and made them tighten down that turbo to 2.5 like the rest of us and make them run the rpm box allowing only 3000rpms as we have all year i down think they would be competitive. Im not saying that at edmonton every one was running 3000rpms it was a charity pull and we were just there to put on a good show and everyone knows at edmonton is a brush pull run what u brung hope you brung enough!!!!!!!!!!! As for the FARM STOCK TRACTORS their about as stock as the batliners. The batliners made a good past at edmonton and i was glad to see them support the cause but what i was saying is if they had to run our true profield rules i don't think the outcome would be the same. But who know even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

just my 2 cents.

Re: Superhick October 10, 2009 04:06PM
i agree completely .... isnt it funny how our farmstock tractors have less restrictions than profield lol thats rediculous im thinkin bout settin up for 8500lb pro farm and run with guys who have rules and enforce them cuz our farmstocks have gotten outta control i like watchin you profield boys cuz its a good level playin field ..... and im sorry i didnt know he ran in the profield class too i thought he was puliin in farm stock only cuz he was over 470ci ...... and farmstocks have no ci limit lol... but im glad the batliners came down to support the good cause anyway

Re: Superhick October 11, 2009 06:35AM
Luke Miller's 1155 won several limited rpm class championships with Ill hot farm pullers, but he worked several years at accomplishing that feat. The boys from Missouri still run tractor (Mad Massey) at the winter indoor pulls, and it makes a good showing there. Batliners ran the 1155 two years ago at 9500 in Corydon, Indiana, and was soundly defeated (7ft to 21 ft) by the profarms of Hiser Bros (466 ci), Larry Lesley (466 ci) and the Undertaker Deere(505-510ci). But for a stock appearing fender tractor, it is very strong, as are their beautiful 1150 restored pullers. They do add performance and appearance to any pull they attend, and I wish them success with the new 6 cylinder super farm.

Re: Superhick October 12, 2009 02:07PM
that massey runs great an the deere fans better get ready to step aside it would have beat that deere n lburg if it wouldnt have come out of gear becaues i was on the track my self an it was going but they r on ther way to the top so deere fans look out

Re: Superhick October 14, 2009 02:19PM
That massy needs to find 150 more hp to run with that deere. He was not even close to that deere. I was there to he didn't have two feet left.

Re: Superhick October 14, 2009 02:59PM
Could not agree more stick a fork in the massey he was done. The massey has come along way since last time I saw him run but they need to do a little more head scratching to beat that deere!

Re: Superhick October 14, 2009 03:14PM
i agree he didnt have the power the other guys had i georgetown, but they run a better gear than everyone else, but thats pulling they one by one inch. but it is great to see them back out and running again and running very well.

Re: Superhick October 14, 2009 04:35PM
does anyone know who superhick is pullin with?? mid south.. PPL?? i was jw

Re: Superhick October 14, 2009 11:36PM
right now they are set up to run with no intercooler? so i dont know were they will run

Re: Superhick October 15, 2009 01:19AM
They are saying grand national.

Re: Superhick October 15, 2009 07:12AM
agree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i agree he didnt have the power the other guys had
> i georgetown, but they run a better gear than
> everyone else, but thats pulling they one by one
> inch. but it is great to see them back out and
> running again and running very well.

well we talked to the batliners the night of the georgetown pull and from wat i heard they put ten feet on all the tractors in the class. and they were all ppl tractors.

Re: Superhick October 16, 2009 03:26AM
Georgetown, OH might have been a tenth of a foot, but they did not put 10 feet on second place.

Thank you Batliners October 16, 2009 07:08AM
I think we should all be grateful that they work so hard to put a different brand of tractor out there at all. Although I consider myself to be a pretty avid fan of tractor pulling, large numbers of the same brands of tractors gets boring.

fondas bord results October 16, 2009 11:51PM
the results are on fondas board, they one by 1 (one) inch, check it out

Re: Superhick October 15, 2009 07:19AM
Binder rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could not agree more stick a fork in the massey he
> was done. The massey has come along way since last
> time I saw him run but they need to do a little
> more head scratching to beat that deere!

well we will find out n 2010 what will really happen they didnt do to bad for the second time on the track

Re: Superhick October 15, 2009 08:23AM
dixie deere nailed that particular run, that would have been hard for anybody to beat. i could tell at just past half track he was gone by the front end in the air about a foot & ground speed he was haulin ass

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,783, Posts: 229,968, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,048.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009