armed and dangerous
rocket
red thunder

Re: nfms lss results February 13, 2010 01:40PM
all are from wiscosin good job guys

Re: nfms lss results February 13, 2010 02:47PM
why wasn't "Color Of money" there?

Re: nfms lss results February 13, 2010 02:56PM
thanks adam for the update. been checking them from vegas. im surprised i havent found anyone betting on the nfms pull. they bet on everything else.

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 13, 2010 05:46PM
I would like to say that was one of the Best LSS class I have ever seen! I Think Louisville should run the super farms once next year, and put the lights in a couple of nights, and the finals. It has so much more color in it. Their is possibilities of 5 to 7 colors to be campaigned in it, Good job to all the guys, you put on a hell of a show!!! Good run with both Tractors Larry

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 12:42AM
Gotta agree. Larry Phillips had his tractors running top notch but those Fords are a tough crowd. Can't say thank you enough to the Farm show committee for putting our class back in the lineup!! Great show. Thanks alot for the assistance Larry. Rob Bonino

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 02:34AM
Lets see:

4 broke or were disqualified or didn't show
2 could not make it all the way down the track
6 were in the pull off
9 tractors out of 15 went down the track and that was a good show

Im sorry but that is dissappointment

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 12:41PM
Yep your right,that many broke or did't show and IT WAS STILL BY FAR THE BEST CLASS and ALWAYS has been!!!!!!

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 12:41AM
Well I suspect you are one of those people who are rarely satisfied with anything so your comments are taken for what they are worth. Additionally, I would guess you have little idea how much work and effort those pullers put forth to put on a show for us fans, it might nice for them to hear some positive feedback rather than the usual negative griping.
I for one had a great time and would appreciate the class showing back up next year and for years to come. Thanks NFMS for the return of the Light Supers.

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 01:04AM
Mr.Bonino,I think you misunderstood ,I think the LIGHT SUPERS are by far the best class there (should be at the very least two classes of them),what i was saying was even thou some broke and one could'nt make it,still the best class period!!!!! And by the way I do know how much TIME,EFFORT,SACRIFICE,MONEY,WORK and SUPPORT,that it does take.Been around a long time,pulled (super farm,light super,heavy super,and now run light limited super) so i do know what i'm talking about and have run in the same circle of friends that you do.That being said,i would like to thank YOU and your WIFE for all that you guys have done and the SACRIFICE that you all have made for everyone so we all can live and do what we want here in the GREAT U.S.A. Again THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 10:54AM
Sorry about that, that was supposed to be for the "um ya right" fella. I am still stuck in the analog world, and thank you for the kind words. We really do love our jobs and our country as do so many of the pullers and friends we have met while pulling (or at least trying to pull) Thanks again and sorry for my mistake.
Rob Bonino

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 11:37AM
Thats cool ,maybe we'll see you at HOPTOWN,or at FOLTZ or HANEY'S or smewhere if MID SOUTH would run the LIGHT LIMITED SUPER's i'm sure we would see each other (MAYBE SOMEDAY) good luck this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 01:11PM
Hey Hollywood,

i was just curious, but what tractor do u pull in the llss class???

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 01:42PM
Got to keep it under wraps for now !

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 02:46AM
I'd much rather see 9 LSS tractors go down the track than see 50 SF tractors.

Brent Payne February 14, 2010 03:11AM
Where was he at? Poor advetisement for GMS by not running at one of the biggest shows in pulling.

Re: Brent Payne February 14, 2010 03:28AM
Maybe he got behind fixing stuff for customers going to NFMS and then he got behind on his own projects.

Instead of ? # of people getting in-just one didn't make it.

Not that customers would ever have any last minute emergencies.

Re: Brent Payne February 14, 2010 12:05PM
you just need to grow up and shut up. 4 your information, he couldn't get his together because he was so busy and besides, its really non of your business. thats my thinking.

Re: Brent Payne February 14, 2010 03:38PM
Thanks guys, just wondered where he was at.

Concerning whether it's my business, somewhat it is, seeing how i and a lot of others paid money to watch a show he was supposed to be a part of.

I guess its a good thing that he is so busy. On one hand I understand he needs to do what it takes to pay the bills, but on the other hand I think it is a poor excuse. After all, it is Louisville!

To the I hate a no-show February 14, 2010 03:53PM
I take it that you are not a puller and you don't understand tractor pulling.

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull February 15, 2010 02:22AM
I know that he was busy and that he had a lot of things going on but, this is Louisville and he kept someone from getting in. I think that if you are no-show you should be banned for next 2 years. If you know you may not make it, dont apply. If I were in his class I would be very mad. I am a puller but in a different class.

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull February 15, 2010 03:19AM
Makes you wonder how many would'nt have made it if he had'nt been working on their tractors or their parts does'nt it.I don'nt think they should ban him for not showing up,maybe he notified them he would'nt make if ,who really knows for sure.

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull February 15, 2010 04:03AM
maybe his tractor wasnt done yet and his old one is gone, leave the guy alone he has a good buisness going and customers come first

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull February 15, 2010 05:41AM
maybe he shouldn't have even submitted an application. Doesn't really matter, he won't be invited next year because of this.

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull February 15, 2010 06:06AM
Things change in life and sometimes things don’t always go as planned. Last minute projects or appointments can easily derail even our best laid plans. I’m sure you’ve had to reschedule or cancel an appointment or two in your life. We need not get all “holier than thou” because a tractor had to cancel.

Yes, I was disappointed to not see the Color of Money, but it was still an excellent show without Brent. I also agree that the LSS was one of the best classes of the pull this year (Twd trucks put on a great show as well, with 5 fullpulls and only 4 spots to transfer to the finals… that’s just awesome!).

As for Brent not getting invited back next year… I sure hope they invite him back because he runs a first class tractor and a first class business. I don’t know if the Payne notified the committee, but I can only assume they talked it over with the appropriate people. They are a great family and a credit to the sport/class and I’m sure they handled everything in a very professional manner.

Brent was by no means the first person to ever cancel, and he won’t be the last person. A possible solution would be to have a few tractors waitlisted for each class. That way if anyone cancels they have a few tractors that can fill an empty slot up until the last few days.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull March 13, 2010 05:35AM
Jake, thanks for the kind words, no one was more dissappointed than we were at not getting the new tractor finished in time,yes several other projects had to be completed first, yes here at GMS customers do come first, as much as both Brent and I wanted The Color of Money to be ready , it just wasnt going to happen, I did notify the committee at NFMS, and appreciate there understanding of the entire situation, We will be ready for this season and will submit an application for NFMS 2011, If accepted we will certainly be honored and will be there . thank you Dennis

Re: Brent Payne should have taken time to pull March 13, 2010 02:19PM
Dennis,

Thanks for clearing things up. I was definitely disappointed that you didn’t hook, and I was also disappointed I didn’t get a chance to talk with you or Brent at the Farm Show, hopefully we’ll run into you sometime this summer. For anyone looking for parts I suggest you give GMS (Genes Machine Shop) a call and check out their products.

I’m excited to see the new tractor run this summer. It should be a fun season, and hopefully you can get the new setup dialed in quickly. For those who don’t go to Pullingworld.com… shame on you! (just kidding) but you should check it out and make that site a regular stop on your internet surfing because Sascha always has some great stuff on his site, and a few weeks ago he had this shot of the newest version of “Color of Money”

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Brent Payne February 14, 2010 12:44PM
The third place tractor had GMS parts in it and he thanked them at the end in the interview.

Re: Brent Payne February 15, 2010 12:54AM
I for one goofed up Brents schedule for his tractor by needing rods and a cam and sleeve last minute, and he was right there on time with the parts! Says alot for a guy or a company who will put themselves out to help their customers! Also need to thank Jimmy Mattingly at Mattingly machine for machining my block in a super hurry, also Ed Wuulf at Wuulf pumps for rebuilding my oil pump in a huge hurry as well as Keeting Shelly for his hard work. Without anyone of those guys caring I would have been a NO SHOW too!

BB

The bomb February 13, 2010 09:58AM
on the nfms page it shows that the bomb was dq'd. Anybody know why?

Re: The bomb February 13, 2010 10:08AM
Out of Bounds

Re: The bomb February 14, 2010 11:16AM
I believe he got excessive counseling for PTWS, because he didn’t let off just because a little chalk got in the way. It’s also possible he tried to avoid the sand pile altogether by trying to drive around it! (Sorry Mark)

The track was hooking very, very, very hard to the left. Mark’s foot was on the right brake the entire run, but The Bomb wouldn’t come back around for him. I think he just about pushed the pedal through the dash, and that tractor barely even turned.

The left hooking track definitely took it’s toll, Rex Kuhn fought the brakes, Korth fought the brakes, Wettleson fought the brakes, actually about 90% of the guys fought the brakes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: The bomb February 14, 2010 12:48PM
No problem Jake its all in good fun, an thats tractor pulling.

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 06:28AM
Maybe have 1 class of Alky LSS 6400 lb and 1 class of Diesel LSS 7000 lb and put top 5 from each and have a final Sat night. Just my 2 cents.

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 12:34PM
love the idea of that

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 01:09PM
i thnk its a great idea. why not just have a 7000 pound open class and let both fuels pull this class. just my two cents?

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 03:33PM
I agree with j esteb

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 03:53PM
What is "light" about 7000lbs.? In fact what is "light" about 6400 lbs.?

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 14, 2010 09:37PM
That's just what I think would be good for L'ville, I am just glad they had them back this year !!!!!!!! I personally would like to see LSS go back to 6,000lb, but I know that will not happen.

Extra Weight? February 15, 2010 12:38AM
So the diesels need 600 pounds more than the alcohol tractors? That seems like an awful lot. It sure seems to me that Esdon didn’t need the extra weight last summer.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Extra Weight? February 15, 2010 12:49AM
Amen Brother!

Re: Extra Weight? February 15, 2010 02:28AM
I am just talking about L'ville, the committee put in LSS alky at 6400lbs so just rounding off at 7000lbs, try 6,800lbs then, Im not sure about Esden, except what you hear on here, my dad said believe half of what you hear.

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 02:20AM
Jan, there ya go. At 6000 lbs., then it becomes a TRUE driving class again.jmho.

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 07:02AM
how many diesels are out there that can run at 6000?

Re: LSS best class to show this year February 15, 2010 02:15PM
Make it 6,200 alcohol and 6,500 diesel.

Diesels:
Esdon Lehn
Mark Ulmer (2 tractors)
Bruce Barfnecht
Eugene Williams
David Esteb
Kent Payne

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009