Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 15, 2010 02:12AM
While going through Jake's pictures (thank you very much for posting them by the way) I saw Lance had a precleaner assembly on the tractor but didn't see the turbo inlet air horn sticking out the front of the hood/grill. Was this simply for cosmetics or did he do this to keep for ingesting any sand? Not trying to start an arguement, but just curious. I have followed these guys since I was a little kid as I grew up 20 minutes from them but have never taken the time to stop by and say hi at a pull. Regardless, I think the tractor looks great with or without the added piece.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 15, 2010 05:28AM
yes i noticed that also on friday night. I would have to think that it was just cosmetic (which i though looked pretty cool). I would think that one of those motors would about turn a pre-cleaner inside out, but i cant say for sure. It never fails you can spot that tractor a mile away, gorgeous paintjob and those big fat fenders, lances tractors are always a class act. Nathan Barrett

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 06:06AM
cant be real. it would choke a 5 inch turbocharger trying to get air through that cleaner

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 07:10AM
Yea it sure is a beauty, i think the air cleaner makes it look better (more original). So does the big round fenders and the side shields even go back farther than most making it look like the dust shields most wheatland tractors had. Good looking tractor.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 08:32AM
I think it kind of looks like a zit on a really good looking woman, you can over-do it on the details

Minus that fake air breather though, its amazing looking.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 09:02AM
Thats the beauty of tractors, I personally think those models are hideous! Looks like a oversized woman. Give me a sleek 4 or 7000 series anyday. just my opinion.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 09:12AM
hahaha...I am sure Lance would love to hear we are comparing his tractors to others like a gal with a little meat on her bones and some curves versus a gal who is tall and slender...now that is funny. Good thing he isn't using the Big Bud chassis....Eye Popping

I personally think it is "outside the box" with his thinking and it does add something different than what we are used to seeing. I guess if it doesn't get in his way while driving, go for it.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 09:09AM
do you even own a tractor if so post a picture so we can pick it to pieces

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 09:40AM
It's non-functional and looks awsome! Fuel tank filler cap, radiator cap, hood ornament, air cleaner, wheatland fenders, made it the best looking tractor at Lville,and I told him so! The New Generation tractors 4010-4020 5010-5020-6030 best looking Deeres ever made. If it's green its good those are just my faves everyone is entitled to their own.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 01:27AM
very good point! if u dont like it dont look. I have a 6030 and love the looks of them

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 01:35AM
Hi, everbody out there

Are they using the big engines which are originally fitted into 5020 / 6030 Johnnys ??

Or do they use an upgradet 6466 Jd (466 cid) engine ?

Greetings , from the Netherlands , Marcel www.teambrutus.nl

to marcel February 17, 2010 10:46PM
they are using the big block in these tractors. Lance has had these figured out for years now

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 10:03AM
From the results they need to spend more on thier performance side instead of cosmetics side.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 10:54AM
How many wheatland copycats have been made since lance did the first one!??? Stil looks better than the wileman 30 series clones--how many of them are floating around?? Lances intake will probably be back out the front when he gets an intake to go with the new head hes runnin now!!

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 16, 2010 10:55AM
yeah make it a 7930 or a 8530 or leave it in the shed. Linders and lemkes got to be the biggest Idiots fo building a components that are old looking. Winking

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 12:29AM
why would you drag linders and lemkes into this t roy

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 02:24AM
One thing we need to be mindful of when us non-pullers are sharing our opinion is that there are only so many different sheet metal styles in all colors to use. No matter what color a builder makes, it will only be a matter of time before someone is accused of being a "copycat." Let's take John Deere for instance;

"New Generation" 10 series with the later released 20 series; 10 & 20 series look the same

"Generation II" 30 series (first Sound Guard cab) and "The New Iron Horses" 40 series; 30 / 40 / 50 / 55 / 60 all look the same

8000 series initially released in 1994, with many updating versions since, mainly due to emition regulations of the engine

So really, you have the Generation One, Generation Two, or an 8000 series style sheetmetal to build a JD puller. You can go through the changes of all manufacturers and will find the same scenario.

Tantrum has simply chosen to take the larger of the tractors from the 60s and use them as their flagships, the 5010 / 5020 / 6030, with a bit of customizing to make them unique. They do a great job but I honestly would be the proud owner of any pulling tractor, regardless of who made it and regardless of what color it is. Thank goodness we are freedom of speech to share our opinion as they all bring something to the table. Smiling

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 02:41AM
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else does. it's pretty obvious some people on here like the older look and could care less if its component or not.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 05:27AM
never been winked at?

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 10:29AM
T-roy
Bet them "old" lookin pullin tractors them boys put together will out run anything you will ever have. You can cheer for you plastic lookin tractors I be rootn for the 4010s, 1066s and 6030s

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 11:08AM
lol sorry ill never use a wink for sarcasm again.

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 01:54PM
A 6030 is nothing but a FAT 4020!!!!!!!!!!!Cool

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 02:01PM
T-Roy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol sorry ill never use a wink for sarcasm again.
Some of us understoodWinkingCool

Re: Question About True Grit PS at NFMS February 17, 2010 11:50PM
I knew what you meant T Roy. Some can't read into a joke

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,733, Posts: 229,866, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM