Like the new look? August 25, 2010 03:01AM
I was viewing the For Sale ads when the new look came through Jake (thought something was wrong for a minute!). Think I kinda like it. Any other options/changes for registered users?

Keep up the good work on this fine website, sure appreciate having it!!

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 03:21AM
Thanks, I'm still working out some bugs on the formatting (especially on the home page… for some reason it breaks the format and does some strange stuff in Internet Explorer). You may see the old format come back for a couple of hours or maybe a day or so as I work out the bugs with this new look, and I’ve tried to make this format as similar as possible so people don’t get too confused by the new layout.

Hopefully their will be a few new features coming with the new format, but I'm not 100% sure what features will work out yet.

If there are any issues people are having I’d appreciated it if they would please let me know the issue, the page the issue is on and the browser you use. Thanks in advance.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 04:28AM
The only thing I notice with the new format is that the threads don't change color to let you know which ones you have already viewed.

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 04:48AM
I’m so used to viewing the page logged into my account that I forgot about that, sorry for omitting that feature. For those who don’t have already have an account... just in case you are curious, ALL new posts you haven’t read come up with a Red Flag and in Bold, it makes it much easier to know what you’ve read and what you haven’t. It doesn’t matter how many computers you use, as soon as you login you can quickly and easily see what’s new since your last visit.

I’ve band-aided the issue for non-registered users and now it turns everything you’ve read a wonderful purple. Hopefully that should help non-registered users figure out what they’ve already clicked on (Just remember it will only be purple on the computer you read it on, if you read it at home and then go to work you won’t know what you’ve already read. It’s a minor issue, but it’s just one more reason to Create a Profile and register your user name.)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 04:54AM
Jake did u ever get pictures from BG posted

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 04:58AM
Tons and tons! Go to the Photos page (need to reformat it still), click on Event Photos, click on 2010, BG folder and there are about 1700 photo from the pull!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 05:11AM
looks ok to me too,good job jake.thanks,patches

New Features! August 25, 2010 08:35AM
Well, there are a few new features for registered users in development/partially active:

The first feature is an Image Gallery. I’m not 100% sure how useful this is going be since there are already so many sites that offer free image hosting, but this is for the user who isn’t really a photographer or doesn’t want to have an addition photo gallery, but would like to upload some photos from the past or some interesting pulling pictures that they would like to share with all of us. I currently have it set for a maximum of 100 photos, but I can expand that for anyone if need be. I’ll be continuing to develop this feature and make it more useful and more accessible. You can get to it through your Control Center.

The second new feature is a Template Chooser. I haven’t built all the templates yet but I plan on letting users chooses template based on their favorite brand of vehicle. Right now there are only 3 templates and they are still pretty boring, but I plan on making them a little more exciting as time goes on. If you’re a New Holland, John Deere, AC, etc… fan you should have a template in the future, and the current templates will be getting more and more personalization in the future. This feature is also accessible on your Control Center.

These features aren’t anything special but hopefully they will be developed more and more in the future and hopefully I can help people make the PULLOFF.COM site a little more personalized.

For Non-registered users… you’ll see a default template.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: New Features! August 25, 2010 05:12PM
Good idea Jake on the Gallery feature.I just added about 20 or so pictures from the 80's through mid 2000's.Thanks for the changes,Randy.

Re: New Features! August 27, 2010 12:46PM
Randy,

You've got some cool photos, thanks for sharing them. For other people, to view Randy's photos simply click on his name and bring up his profile page, then click the link "View User Gallery".

Thanks again Randy.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: New Features! August 27, 2010 06:14PM
Jake Morgan
Randy,

You've got some cool photos, thanks for sharing them. For other people, to view Randy's photos simply click on his name and bring up his profile page, then click the link "View User Gallery".

Thanks again Randy.

Thanks Jake,i have several more older pics to go through and post in my gallery someday i am boared and my connection is working fast.

One thing i would like to add is maybe there could be list of people who have galleries?.As it is now,if the person doesn't announce they have pics on there profile,no one will know.There are way too many members to click on just to look.Just a idea i thought about,maybe you have a better way?..Either way it is a nice feature for those of us who don't have enough pics for a website.Facebook is my only other way of having a gallery.Thanks for the compliment,Randy.

Re: New Features! August 28, 2010 02:00AM
Do you have to be "buddies" to see full profile pages? I cant see the user gallery when i click the name.

Re: New Features! August 28, 2010 02:10AM
My mistake, I forgot to upload that feature to all the different templates. It should work now.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: New Features! August 28, 2010 02:16AM
Thanks Jake! Good to go now.

Re: New Features! August 26, 2010 12:54AM
Cool idea on the templates, Jake!! Please keep us posted on this situation, and keep up the good work.

John Deere Template August 27, 2010 03:09AM
Here’s a quick screen shot of the John Deere Template for all you Deere fans. For those who don’t know… the templates simply control how PULLOFF.COM looks when you view it. I’ll be refining the all the templates over the next few weeks and I’ll continue to add more templates as I get time.

To change templates simply login to your Control Center and click the link for Forum Settings and change you template to one of the other options. After you change templates you might have to hold the shift key while you hit the refresh/reload button on your browser to see the changes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Allis Chalmers Template August 27, 2010 12:48PM
With all the talk about the 426 block... there's now an Allis Chalmers template for all you AC fans.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: John Deere Template August 27, 2010 01:51PM
Thanks for the templates, Jake. It's a nice touch.

Keep up the good work and thanks for such a great site!

Re: John Deere Template August 28, 2010 01:36AM
I agree. The new site looks really sharp! Thanks for putting up the Oliver template!!!

Re: IH Template August 28, 2010 02:11AM
Jake,

Will we get to see a dedicated IH template, for us International Harvester pullers/fans?

Re: IH Template August 28, 2010 02:22AM
Yes, hopefully I'll be adding an old school IH template for all you pre-tenneco merger fans. I'll probably eventually be doing templates for Case, New Holland, MM, Agco, White, CockShutt, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, heck I may even make one for Deutz fans!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: New Features! August 26, 2010 02:11AM
Looks good Jake, I like it!

Re: Like the new look? August 25, 2010 05:18AM
Very nice.
Job well done Jake!

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Friend us on Facebook - [www.facebook.com]

Follow us on Twitter - [www.twitter.com]

Excel Sportswear is an Officially Licensed Supplier of New Holland, Case, Versatile, FFA, Mack Truck, JLG, Honda and BMW Motorrad Apparel

Re: Like the new look? August 26, 2010 02:30AM
I love the new look Jake. Looks very professional. YOu definitely have the premiere pulling site in the states.

Thank You,

Jay Fleming

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason