route 66 ????? August 28, 2010 11:46PM
ok after watchin the pull last night and hearing dan elbro say that the route 66 tractor is runing a 570 cube inch motor so y has he been pulling in the heavy pro farm class(a 540 cube limit) when the super farm class is where he should turely be! bc i guess its more enjoyable for him to win when hes not playin by the rules. just my thoughts

Re: route 66 ????? August 28, 2010 11:59PM
My tractor is 504 ci, it was built to wny pro farm rules. Thanks Jeff Dann

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 03:46AM
If your tractor is 504ci why is it always announced at 570ci at esp pulls? When you pull in the pro farm class, you can shut your tractor down at 300ft and coast another 30ft but youre legal for that class?

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 05:26AM
As someone who appears to go to a number of esp pulls I find it amusing of you to assume that the announcers are 100% accurate with their information. I believe the ESP announcers do their best job to relay accurate information to the fans but those who really know the equipment have heard them slip up more than a time or two. I'm not bashing ESP announcing...rather saying that just because you heard it over the loud speaker does not mean that it is correct. As for Dan's tractor, if he were over cubed I think you would see him finishing much better in the Super farm class. The tractor is clearly no slouch, but it is also clear to see that when pulling against the 640's he is simply out muscled. His domination in the the pro farm classes can be simply chalked up to the fact that he has spent the time, money and done his homework to build a competitive tractor according to WNY Pro Farm rules. Just because nobody else has put in the time, money and effort he has into producing a top of the line profarm tractor does not make him illegal, just successful. Keep up the good work Dan!

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 06:12AM
I have always announced Jeffs tractor as being a 504 ci. I am curious what inaccurate info you are hearing? thanks

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 10:06AM
I'll back Dan up on this... in Penn Yan both Dan's announced the Route 66 tractor as 504.

As for what class the tractor should be in, it should be in any class it's legal for. If it's dominant in WNY Profarm isn't it the responsibility of the rest of the tractors to step it up and do their homework?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 12:58PM
This is not the place to argue what my tractor is, I suggest that if you have a problem with me or my tractors and pull yourself, put your money up and identify yourself. As far as pro farm being for "new-bees" this is curently my second season pulling. I would think that seeing someone build a tractor and start pulling would be more incentive to do it yourself. All levels of pulling have front runners, consistant tractors, tractors that go-or-blow, like them or hate them, its what makes competition! I don't complain when I can' get out in front of the ESP super farm tractors, just pleased that we run good enough to pull with them. Thanks again, Jeff Dann

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 05:27AM
Jeff's tractor is a 504!!!!!! and that is the truth.. If you are going to acuse someone of cheating you could at least sign your name to the post. Thank you ... Mark Johncox

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 06:59AM
he really needs to be in the superfarm class he is just smokin all the profarm guys and to me what fun is that the pro farm class is a class for new bees to get into and start pullin and what fun is it when u go there and get smoked by 30 ft he truely is a superfarm tractor so run where belong its guys like him that make me not want to start building a tractor

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 08:27AM
I find it hard to belive the rest of the guys are that far behind.

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 08:32AM
It's not rocket science. Do your home work, read the rules and build the tractor to comply with the the Profarm rules and you will be right there with route 66. That is what he did.... I for one don't think he is at the same level of competition as the super farm tractors. If you look on the ESP web site you will see he is at the middle to bottom of the pack.Right were a strong profarm should be. Just my opinion. Mark Johncox

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 11:43AM
Route 66 has been announced 2xs this yr at 570ci and once last yr in the esp pull. Others know what i am talking about and have said the same thing. And other pullers that arent even in the pro farm have said that its 570. Maybe the announcer did make a mistake.

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 01:38PM
So you believe everything that an announcer says? Even the best of them can make mistakes.Just this past weekend at 2 different pulls,I heard the announcers state something that wasnt correct.

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 05:38PM
Most sane people do not want to spend $70k-$90k on an entry level pro-farm. Most of them in that class build there tractors themselves instead of ordering turn-key tractors from pro builders. Of course there's always the exceptions who throw an obscene amount of money at an entry level class so they can be "king of the mole-hill" instead of shooting for the mountain.

But if it meets the rules, then it meets the rules. Put up or shut up...Tear him down or shut yer gub. Smiling

Re: route 66 ????? August 29, 2010 11:05PM
i think you are far from the truth if you are implying that jeff wrote a check picked the tractor up and went pulling.i have personally watched him turning the wrench and whatnot to make that tractor go down the track.and further more,why not use the best parts and the latest technology to put something together that will win?if i pulled a lawnmower i would do the same damn thing.its all about winning and that is what we all set out to do.

Re: route 66 ????? August 30, 2010 03:29AM
I didnt say there was anything wrong with it. I just said that most people I know in the class can not justify that much money for that level of pulling. Ross Castner did a remarkable job in every detail of that tractor. Sure the driver might be doing the work now that its running but I know where the tractor came from. As far as using the best parts, everyone likes to when they can afford them.

My personal opinion is that if you have a high level budget and you use it in an entry level class it really discourages the guys in the entry level class. Just my opinion. Besides that , that class needs to be limited to 3500rpm to reel the cost back in.

THE TRUTH August 30, 2010 01:13PM
To set everyone straight Jeff Dann built his own tractor chassis in his shop with his own equipment. Must be he did a darn good job if you thought it was professionally done. Jeff is a great competitor who does his homework and is willing to help any fellow puller. The motor has always been 504 CI from day one when it was built. If anyone needs clarification on that you are welcome to donate to jeff dann's pulling fund and if you need the formula to calculate cubic inch it is (BORE x BORE x STROKE X .7854) x the number of cylinders.
Thanks everyone
The Staff at Castners performance

Re: route 66 ????? August 30, 2010 02:19PM
Sounds like some of these guys complaining have never been to PA, OH, or farther west to see Profarms there, it is a serious class, fun to watch, and far from ENTRY LEVEL. If the guys whining cant keep up, head back to the barn and blow the dust of your antiquers..... oh but wait, those competetors probably spend too much money too Spinning

Re: route 66 ????? August 31, 2010 01:06PM
Ok boys ! You ve been whining and crying for 2 years and as president of the WNYPFP its gone on long enough. Either put up the money or step up to the plate. These rules were voted in place by YOU the pullers for 3 yrs and this is year 2 of 3. At that meeting you had 2 choices , limited rpm-open turbo OR 500 cid and under (general rules state +/- 1% in every class) any TURBO that adds up to 6" (3x3, 2.8x3.2, 2.6x3.4 ect.)(* we changed that last year to simplify all the different turbo rules we had and you all agreed !)also 540 cid with the same rules only 3500rpm. Despite what some have said the vote was unamimous for the latter(I counted them personnally). now this was after Jeff came to several meetings and expressed exactly what he was going to build and built it(and he did not VOTE). then he agreed to let the 540s be open rpm also for the sake of the class, and has also given up weight to you! Who will be your next target Randy for beating you with a 466 with abig cam? Ask for help to get your set up right , there are plenty of people out there who are willing to help anybody. After almost being extinct you had one the biggest group of tractors ever, you all need to stick together to survive, with more hooks then ever,(remember the promoters want numbers to sell shows) which by the way Jeff helped to get 4 new ones for you! I,m telling you if you dont ALL stick together history will repeat itself and the class will die. Jeff is 504 and no more ,no less and Randy is 466 and if you dont beleive me put up the money period. This should be the end of this discussion or you can take it up with me personnally at any event, because as your president it is my job to protect and serve the integrity of this club and its entire membership!!!!

Re: route 66 ????? August 31, 2010 03:50PM
Have you personally measured these engines? If not, please do not state as fact that which is assumed. If you have measured them then all the better. Unlimited rpm classes lead to a more money means more wins situation. I dont see any whining here, just some interesting queries about things people are interested in. In the area this class is it is the only class that is one step above farm stock. And as set the rules make it very expensive as an entry level performance class.

Your position as president makes you biased as to what you want to see. The big money, high performance tractors make for a great show, however it is these same few machines that discourage the guys who want to make the jump from farm stock to the next level. Numbers in the class suffer, more money gets spent in farm stock classes and less true farm stock tractors come to pulls.

Make no mistake, I have nothing against spending the money and making your tractor run as good as it possibly can according to the rules. Lets just make sure the rules are being followed, and make sure you have good rules. Rpm limits and cubic inch limits make for a better level of competition. But of course thats just my opinion.

Just as side note, you mentioned that some pullers should ask for some help to get your setup right....... You know some pullers know exactly what makes reliable power but they do not have the budget to get the parts they need. So if you are offering to give financial help to those guys I'm sure they will be more than open to your contribution!

Re: route 66 ????? August 31, 2010 11:38PM
If you place all kinds of rules and restrictions on the class like limited rpm, cubic inch, turbos, pumps etc all you do is force guys to either cheat to win or spend gobbs and gobbs of money to get 10hp more than his neighbor to go 1 foot farther. The class needs rules for sure but you need to be careful on the limitations you imply and look at the cost of policing and the cost incurred to allow competitors to make more power each and every year within the limitations. I don't think you can call the class 1 step above farm stock many of the competitors in that class are constantly working to improve their tractors some guys took more time to build then pull, other guys build and upgrade as they pull. Its to bad that some people get on here and run guys down for what they have accomplished or are working to accomplish, maybe be if they spent less time running their "MOUTH" they'd have more money to put in their POCKET!!

Thanks Castners performance

Re: route 66 ????? August 31, 2010 11:40PM
For a guy who didn't have a clue who actually built Route 66 you sure have

a lot of opinions. BTW,an opinion without supporting CORRECT facts,is

whining. Have a nice day.

Re: route 66 ????? September 01, 2010 10:41AM
As a member myself I've seen a few of these guys that could benefit from going back to basics. Read tracks, weight placement, and gear selection based on track conditions go a long way. I pull in a class that is dominated by a few tractors and being the smallest cube tractor in the class I'm happy to finish mid pack based solely on experience, luck and knowing my equiptment. We all know more money might get the win but makin' what you got work the best it can is a heck of a lot of fun. If your in it for the money you sure got issues.

Geoff

put your name where your mouth is September 02, 2010 12:03PM
my point of view, from back in 2001or whenever it was when the wnypfp corporation was started, mark has been the only person who has put in the time running the club. everybody has run away from wanting to be in charge of organizing events, contracts, and getting the ball rolling on many thing things that have been done for the best interest of the club so there were places to go pull with organized events and also in the best interest for the promoter and what volunteer help they had. decisions have been made to have a happy medium in the club so everybody can enjoy their hobby on the weekends while keeping a great product out there. im not knocking down anybody else who has been involved but the people who stay involved are the ones that chose the route for all classes. the LLtss and LtPF classes have been a huge success and if it wasnt for the bartzs, randy, and haiers keeping the big class alive from the begining there would be no class. the heavy weight divisions are the hardest too keep alive, there are to many variables amung the manufacturing lines that will make it impossible to make everything "fair". there will always be an issue between guys who cant spend the money and the ones that are able and willing to or the guys who wanna have the big block deere or crank a 466 to the moon, its life, its pulling. it is hard to keep a market like that alive. there are hundreds of tractors in the country, especially wny, pa, and ohio that would have a place to pull the 10,500 heavy profarm class( that a 706 with a dt360 is very competative in) if they chose to come to an event the way the rules are, same as the two light turbo classes. those guys put on a great show, it helps promoters, and draws interest from future competitors. if you dont like it POST YOUR #?*!-ing REAL NAME to your opinion and get involved ;P

Re: route 66 ????? September 03, 2010 03:09PM
Sign your name Brett! Once again bring your tractors and show up at a pull ,let alone a meeting . we all manage 2. As far as the money goes it just needs to be spent more wisely not more of it. thats what everybody doesnt understand, thats where the help comes in. I take offense to your statement that i,m biased until you do 1/10th of the time myself and a few others have put into this club you dont get to judge , maybe you need to practice what you preach? And remember they(meaning the HPF pullers) voted, nobody else and chose this set of rules which are in place for 2011 also! Until then your opinion is noted ,but only carries the weight of any other keyboard puller! Mark

Re: route 66 ????? September 04, 2010 09:08AM
I sign my name to topics that are important to me. I wont be bringing my tractor to a pull anytime soon because I cant afford to. I am fully disabled with a heart that works at about 10 percent of normal and as such I have neither the funds or time to make that commitment. I work on a few of the tractors that show up in your classes from time to time and let me say this, this class is an entry level performance class! In our area you have farm stock and then the next step up is the pro-farm. When one or two pullers outspend everyone else in the class by two to one it discourages new growth in the class. I do not come to the meetings because I can't afford to build a tractor for the class. Members (in my humble opinion) should be those who have a tractor in the class or will have. But I can still have an opinion on what I see at the track. And thanks to great sites like this I can post my opinion. If you do not agree with it that is your problem. If you read my first post I said that until someone has a tractor torn down they should keep quiet about it not meeting the rules. In my humble opinion, since you have so many different rule allowances every one in the class should be checked so you know what is up. And also I believe that RPM rules are a joke unless you are hooking up each tractor to an RPM recorder on the sled.

If you want the classes to grow, make a good set of rules that are simple, direct, do not have special allowances for special tractors and that get enforced. I think the class should be 505 cu in, 3500RPMS, P-pump max. If you check cubes and plug in the RPM checker then you will have a good set of rules and turbo size becomes a non issue. Turbo size rules, unlimited RPMS and big cube limits are what cost the big money.

I realize my opinion counts for zero in your rule making because I am not a member. But that is the great thing about America! I dont have to be a member to post my opinion here.

And as far as being biased I think my comment on that may have gone over your head. We all like seeing the high dollar machines run. And what I was saying is that as president you would probably like it if you had a class of 20 of those to pitch to a promoter. It makes an easier sell. SO yes I think you are biased as to liking to see the big buck machines in the class. ANd that seems normal to me.

Everyone knows you spend alot of time and energy promoting the club and we thank you for your efforts. But dont forget, because someone else doesn't put the time in that you do doesnt mean his opinion isn't worth considering.

It should be noted that opinions expressed in this forum are my own and may not agree with any of my relatives opinions. Smiling That happens alot!

Re: route 66 ????? speak softly and carry a big stick September 04, 2010 02:44PM
The man who really counts in the world is the doer,not the mere

critic-the man who actually does the work,even if roughly and imperfectly,

not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done.

Teddy Roosevelt,1891

Re: route 66 ????? September 05, 2010 12:55AM
you couldnt have been said any better way they need to make one set of rules and stick t0 it diferent rule for different tractors makes it hard to keep track of whats goin on

throw this out there September 02, 2010 10:33AM
alright mark yes we all have to stick together to make this class and club survive but there something i have to ask is sundays pull goin to still be a points pull for the club members right just like it was voted on and passed bc there not takin any money! ok now whats this i hear that it a points hook now bc the day has been moved whats up with that ? you say we must stick together as a club but then things get changed bc a certain someone has a pull else where (not with our club) and may miss out on his point championship bc of the missed hook thats what makes poeple run away from the club period!!!!!

Re: throw this out there September 03, 2010 12:15AM
The issuse with points is the fact that the date was changed three weeks ago. If everyone wants points it is fine with me, I still will not be there personaly. Mr. Monkey wrench feel free to use my name, I am a big boy and am will to take what you have to say. I am looking at the big picture for the good of the club, but we need to work together and not just come on here and complain about nothing. thanks Jeff Dann

Re: throw this out there September 03, 2010 10:27AM
o jeff i truly want to wish u the best of luck on sunday with the esp guys i really love how u say we all must stick together for the good of club but sunday u anit goin to b there i truely think the fans would love to see u there u are the one that makes the show im think we should rename ur tractor to "the show time express " just a idea

well best of luck

yours truely

MR MONKEY WRENCH

Re: throw this out there September 04, 2010 12:05AM
ok guys if you took the time that you spent crying about one guys tractor winning and used that time to do some work to your own tractors to better them than maybe you can be up in the hunt . theres a green tractor that jumps up to the super farm class and nobody cryes about that ..... interesting ! ? as far as mark he does an excellent job with the club and getting it up and running and the other classes can and do work together so the heavy guys need to just my 0.02 cents thanks

Re: throw this out there September 04, 2010 03:17AM
i love reading all the posts on this board. its a ton of fun. just remember pullin is supposed to be fun. so kick the the tires and light the fires and hope ya can drag the sled out the end. ben shearing

Re: route 66 ????? September 05, 2010 01:34PM
Way to go Jeff and Karl!!! You both had a good hook to day.... That should give everyone on here something to talk about....L.M.A.O. Mark Johncox

Re: route 66 ????? September 05, 2010 01:47PM
yeah it was real nice to jeff come out and suport the club!!

Re: route 66 ????? September 05, 2010 03:39PM
I didnt go today but I did hear that its Kenny's world and we are all just visiting. Smiling How big are those engines Kenny? Smiling

Re: route 66 ????? September 05, 2010 10:06PM
wow jeff it was sure nice to see that tractor today it made me feel good to see u there supporting the club how did it feel for you to blow it out the end with no trouble ? and one other thing ur speech at the scales sure made me feel good tuff guy lol

yours truely monkey wrench

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009