how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 06:33AM
i am really interested to learn and hear about how many old super stocks there are just sitting around in ny in barns trailers sheds weeds etc its a shame that there are some just collecting dust.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 07:57AM
hot rod magazine does a feature story on barn finds yearly,this would be interesting reading on were some old pullers,from all classes,fade away too.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 08:24AM
I'd like to know not just ny but anywhere else

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 09:03AM
probably thousands sitting around the country

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 09:40AM
I realize that many tractors that just disappear from active circuit may be in a barn somewhere gathering dust- like the modified Animal 2 engine allison in NY that sat for several years until found, purchased, and placed back on the track. Then some that disappear are sold piece by piece and live on as parts in other units. However the fans sometimes don't hear which- especially prior to great boards like this.

In eastern NY these units I remember running the circuit and then gone- in a barn, across the country, or parted- maybe someone knows.

MODS-
Duane Hotaling's- Northern Eagle, then Timer's Tinker Toy- then disappered.
Jim Sierzenga's Midnight Spiecial.
Old V-12 Allison called "The Entertainor"
Gardner Stones' old Allison General and since his retirement the General Stage 4.

SUPER/PRO STOCKS-
Dave Galley's Ford 8210 Diesel Super Stock
The Scaighticoke Hayes Pulling Team- Phase 2 Case 1070 Super Stock
John Weidman's first "Jessie" IH 1086 Diesel Pro Stock
Ferry Brothers from MA- Massey Ferguson 3505 Alcohol Super Stock
Bob Robinson's JD 4240 known as both "Old Hickory" and "Jasper"

I am sure there are others from every region that disappear and may be in a barn somewhere.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 09:48AM
does anybody know where the twin allison "rambunctious" modified is these days? the last time i saw pictures of it in the puller the top turbocharged motor was the old powerplant of the 'Trouble Maker" esp modified

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 10:25AM
I've always wondered what happend to Phase 2 as well.

It's funny I was thinking about the same topic while I was mowing my lawn the other day. Two tractors that came to my mind were both Fords, one has been mentioned (Homers Hobby Horse of Dave Galley) and the other Ford is Bill Cummings Frustration Ford 7910 DSS, I believe it's still sitting in a barn in NY. Both were good running tractors and would be nice additions to the current ESP LSS class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 10:36AM
Very interesting topic. I always thought if I could find an old John Deere Pro or Super stock that I could buy cheap enough I would buy it and restore it. If anyone knows of one of these Email me. I`d like to pursue this if it`s economicaly feasable.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 11:09AM
Back in the 70's Pete Smith ran the Alley cat 190 Allis chalmers. I would love to know what happen to that tractor..

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 01:58PM
this would make for an entertaining ,scavenger type,game.maybe something that could be done in the fall-winter time when not much is going on.an older picture could be posted,then the hunt would be on to post a current picture of the vehicle in its place of storage.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 30, 2010 09:38AM
That's a great idea. With the power of the internet, it could really happen.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 01:02PM
Duane Hotaling's- Northern Eagle/ now owned by John Timer just sitting in trailer
Dave Galley's Ford 8210 Diesel Super Stock/ he still has it
John Weidman's first "Jessie" IH 1086 Diesel Pro Stock/ went out west
Ferry Brothers from MA- Massey Ferguson 3505 Alcohol Super Stock/ i think they still have it
Bob Robinson's JD 4240 known as both "Old Hickory" and "Jasper"/ sold
Bill Cummings Frustration Ford 7910 DSS/ still has it

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 01:26PM
If I'm not mistaken the Ferry Brothers 3505 Massey alky burner (Old Connor Bros tractor) went to NE Missouri 3-4 years ago.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 02, 2010 09:58AM
any idea where the midnight special is? and where is john weidmen's jessie that i think was a 966?

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 02, 2010 11:52AM
Midnight special as in the 1206?

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 03, 2010 07:04AM
no i was thinking about jim szeirenga's (spelling?) mod.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 02, 2010 01:26PM
Johns old Jessie tractor is in Wisconsin now.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 11:12PM
Gardner Stones allison powered General is now the Animal. Went from Gardner to Bill Crogan to Steve Dority to John Zemcik.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 01, 2010 01:27PM
I can tell u where jaspers 4240 is. It as bought by a father and son in wisconsin and now has 8520 sheet metal on it very awesome tractor.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 13, 2015 10:19PM
Hi pulling friends!
Can you help me with so much information about Northern Eagle/Tinker toy as possible?

Thanks from a pulling fan in Sweden

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 18, 2015 01:11PM
dont eknow much older chassis i think was old banter orange then wayne keith before going to ny i looked at it at G stone motors about a week ago r u the guy who bought it they said it was going over seas

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 11:11AM
I'm pretty sure theres a 1466 and 1456 IH SS tractors still sitting in a barn about 40 miles from me.Both are twin chargers and were last pulled in the early-mid 1980's.I also know of a 705 MM SS and a V-12 Allison 7-9 Modified.About 15 years ago one twin engine Hemi Mod in my area sat outdoors for a year or two.I also know of a F-20 Mod with a 426 Hemi.I know that theres lots more that I've forgotten.I'm sure there are lots of single engine mods fom the 1970's sitting around.I just thought of a couple of blown twin engine Chevy Mods that are probably still around and possibly a NA triple engine Chevy.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 12:39PM
What ever happend to Suny micheals old tractor in Indiana and also little's old WarWagon I think..

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 01:31PM
There was talk awhile back that oh the name slips my memory but it was a John Deere Pro Stocker called Rawhide owned by a Johnson pulled back in the mid to late eighties sits in the weeds outside his shop. I think he makes performance parts for pullers nowdays not sure as to what. I also know that Eddie Olsen from Pipestone Minnesota still has his twin turboed 1066 from the eighties that he ran a lot of state and regional circuits. I was also told that Carol Youngren from Odebolt still has his 1256 Pro Stocker in the shed that was quite a terror on the Iowa Pulling circuit in the late seventies to early eighties. The old entertainer allison mod I think still pulls with central minnesota pullers. I would like to know what happened to a couple mod legends from Iowa Jerry Fornaish's single allison Lurch, Ron Headley's Betty's Headache, and Charlie Tedrow's Charlies Angel. Plus does anybody know what happened to Matt Goodwins 3688 against all odds or did that just become Intimidator with different hoods. I I don't remember if the 7230 was a new tractor or not.

Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 29, 2010 01:48PM
Rawhide is setting outside Stans shop(my mom lives a couple of blocks away)What happened to Blue Ox (2 engine mod)Green Rat &Part Stop Express(2engine mods)Hog Wild(2 engine mod from Ind)all those pulled in the middle to late 80"s About 15 years ago I got to see Wayne Andrews(Neoga IL) old 2 eng mod with narrow front end before he passed away,I think Larry Montgomery(Heaven bound Sled) has it now,does DeClerks still have the Thunder Bolt or any of the Blue Streaks?

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 29, 2010 02:08PM
This is kind of related to this subject, but I am curious, does anyone know what happened to Pessig's old Bomb, or is the frame and stuff of the 9600 the same. Also, I am interested on what happened to Lynn's old Notorious i think it was called. Also, Esdon had came out with the new MX RLF too and only ran it a couple years before his boycott, I think his son drove it. Where did that go? Does anyone know about the Super Semi's run by Greg Hibbits, Pro Hibbited 1 2, and the Blue Ox. There is also the Twin turbine that was red, i think it was Lady Dragon. The Space invader, and Green Monster owned by Dave Snyder now.

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 29, 2010 02:38PM
Here's a oldie for ya from the 70's, Val Miller's Little Green Sprout still sitting in the shed at his farm .

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 29, 2010 02:41PM
Lynn's notorious went out to Missouri and came back to Wisconsin a couple of years ago. Its sitting in the Mondovia area now.

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 29, 2010 03:38PM
I have recently posted to my site Pictures from 1990 track side from TNT and NTPA places like Canfield OH, Fort Recovery, Hamburg, Pocono PA, ect. So of these old tractors are shown in action.

jeffluckeyphoto.com

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 31, 2010 09:53AM
live near lynns the old notorious sits outside their shop and is pieced out, the bomb was sold, the 9600 is all new

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 31, 2010 04:40PM
macon bacon went to carl bilski from medina,ohio.he pulled it for a few years ,as the sandman,i think was the name.i believe it sat for a while and also was for sale several years ago.

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 31, 2010 05:05PM
Hey Patches,i think that Bilski sold it to someone down south and west,maybe in the Outlaw area?.Here is a picture of it i found online about a year according to the file date.I'm sure someone knows for sure where it is.Seems like when i found this picture that this guy had it forsale?.But i am getting old and senile.Randy.

the old Bacon September 01, 2010 05:28AM
This pic is of the Wheatland Express owned/driven by Kirt Stevens from KS.

Re: Missing tractors that pulled in Illinois in the 80's August 29, 2010 04:36PM
i do believe the old bomb chassis is the eating dollars and blowing smoke light superstock and the old RLF 2 went to doug horall,

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 03:41PM
I will work on adding some of these pic to my site I have pictures that date back to 1985 WNYTPA and ntpa

jeffluckeyphoto.cpm

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 03:43PM
sorry long day of garden tractor pulling

jeffluckeyphoto.com

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 29, 2010 10:40PM
to get a list you may have to look at nytpa and esp old photos

Gary Wiengates red barron is as far as I know is rotting in the gound in a barn
Frank Fredericks 3688 forgot what he call it back in 89 90 91 but that is sinking into his front lawn
for 15 year he is going to put it back together thou

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 30, 2010 01:05PM
NYTPA Archive page link

http://www.nytpa.com/archivephotos.htm

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? Yelles rooster August 30, 2010 01:45PM
i was at the malone ny fair pull, gaton yelle pulled the rooster. It's funny his son and myself were talking about old tecnology and he said the tractor is still very competitive on the candain circuit. I wonder how it would do in the light super stock now days.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? Yelles rooster August 30, 2010 02:03PM
Hibbits super semis are still around. He still has them. I beleive the economy has gotten ahold of his trucking company and he hasnt had them out. I live within ten miles of them.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? Yelles rooster August 30, 2010 02:07PM
the twin engine mod called the blue ox belonged to kenny kollmeyer from farmington mo. he sold it to eddie govreau some time in the early eighties. its been sitting out side for the last 20 years right beside the old school bus they use to haul it on. i have no idea where the engines went

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? Yelles rooster August 31, 2010 11:05AM
Didn't Govroe go to prison for some tax problems? It had Yenko chevys on it i would love to have it to restore,I was coming home from working in St.Louis and saw the St Genevieve exit and it made me think about that old tractor when he'd twist the frame so much you thought it would break.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? Yelles rooster August 31, 2010 11:36AM
What ever happen to Bruce Hutchersons Make'n Bacon Special ????I loved watching that tractor pull at the New York State Fair back in the 80's.He had a cab over Peterbuilt he pulled the trailer with.It was SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 30, 2010 02:31PM
Im pretty sure Matt's 3688 did become the Intimidator. What about Scott Buss' Demon Begone, Brabec's tractors, Bob Chickering's allison, Larry Lundry's 460? It would be neat to find some of these old tractors that are just sitting around.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 30, 2010 06:41PM
This is what i remeber and heard. The first Bomb Componet Chassis went to Estab. The ag chassis i heard went to south not sure. Lee Elikson in Iowa bought Little Britches in mid 1990's then heard he finally wrecked enough and parked it. Lynn's Notorious was at Pfund's shop a while back, heard someone may be putting it back togethor to run Tri-State. It's a shame some of the old pulling toy's just get parked and wrecked. Times change technolgy gets better but some of the stuff, i think maybe no on GN level but local or state level with some tunning and updates could do pretty good. Any older TWD's sitting around or mini rods??

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 31, 2010 11:53AM
Thanks for the info T-puller. Last I knew a Kurt Paulsen ran little britches on the outlaw circuit about three or four years ago and sold it to the Scheffler boys and it became the 2 much fun. I'm also pretty sure that a Marlin Benson and a partner had the Inch pincher allison mod and then it went to Europe. They were friends of Goodwins.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 31, 2010 11:56AM
As far as Demon Begone last I knew a Bauer from Minnesota had it awhile back. He used to pull a John Deere super farm that went to ohio and became the Diesel Addiction after he bought the Demon Begone. I'm pretty sure he pulled it in Wisner the first year they had a pull

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 31, 2010 01:11PM
So one of the 2 much fun tractors was origianlly Larry's Little Britches?

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 31, 2010 01:42PM
Thats what I was told whether there is any truth to that I don't know. Hopefully someone can help me out, but there is a picture maybe from 2004 or 2005 in the outlaw program for that year and its Kurt Paulsen with the Little Britches, and it looked just like it did when Larry Lundry pulled it. I remember he took it to a Great Plains Pull in Rock Valley that year and made an exhibition pass on Marv Manifolds sled to make sure he was ok for wisner. Following that year he sold it and pulled a John Deere alcohol light super that never got going, I want to say it was the Deere that John Hoffman had built for his kid but never put it on the track. So yeah good chance I'm talking out of my A$$ but thats what I remember being told hopefully someone can correct or confirm this for me.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 31, 2010 02:12PM
I remember in I think 1990 in Tomah when Larry split the Little Britches 460 and he went flying over the hood (I got it on VHS) but after that I thought he built a new tractor with like 656 tins on it?

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 01, 2010 01:17AM
You are right, from Paulsen to Hoffmen back to Nebraska were I believe it was actually built. The tractor is now owned by the Bohaboj's out of Howells Nebraska it is called Green Lighting, They have got it running pretty good here lately. Good thread talking about old iron and were it is today is fun!

Brian Fuhr

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 01, 2010 02:26AM
I'VE OFTEN WONDERED WHAT HAPPENED TO A GOOD OL' RUNNING TRACTOR CALLED "PRO FOX". IF MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY, IT IS/WAS A BIG PRO.

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 01, 2010 06:14AM
pro fox is still running as a matter of fact it got second place at the hutch power pulls on the friday night session it a pro that pulled with the heavy super diesels and it is still owned by curt persons and his grand son ted Halbakken drives it now still is a good running pro!! How about the old Bad habit twd that ran in minnesota in the early 80's to mid 80's

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? September 02, 2010 12:51PM
How about the green gate super deere? I think Klines sold it after the savage was running strong, but I do remember seeing all 3 green gate tractors at Tomah at the same time. I heard Klines still own the pro stock 4320, do they still pull it? I saw the super 4560 at ridgeland back in about 03?, but I never saw it again.

Sandman Pic before Wheatland Express September 02, 2010 05:42AM
Not sure what year this was taken???

Re: Sandman Pic before Wheatland Express August 18, 2015 12:41PM
i am looking for the Ford that Snider had anyone seen it lately

Re: Sandman Pic before Wheatland Express August 18, 2015 01:45PM
Which one are you looking for?

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 19, 2015 02:44AM
There were three, the Blue Mule, Baby Blue and Pappy's Toy (Jeanies tractor). Pretty sure they still have them!

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 19, 2015 02:54AM
I stopped in and visited a few years ago , the only one they had left was the Blue Mule . One of the others was sold several years ago to Kevin Windsor .

Re: how many old SS are just sitting around NY? August 19, 2015 04:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,674, Posts: 229,773, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,077, Posts: 225,946.

Our newest member Jason