Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 28, 2010 02:47PM
heard there mite be a pro farm class in the works for eastern ohio and western PA

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 29, 2010 04:04AM
Any idea which org will be starting this.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 29, 2010 07:31AM
I've heard of a new hot/profarm class to have stated this year. From what I hear they're are pulling at Lustic's. I heard this thru a bs session at a pull a few weeks ago. I'm curious to know some more about this, such as rules, weight, and if any of this is true.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 29, 2010 11:33AM
biggest thing is cubic inch limit and turbo size. Everything else seems to be the same, these things vary every where you go.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 29, 2010 12:12PM
I heard northwestern Pa pullers cubic inch 504

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 29, 2010 12:24PM
what turbo rule? 3lm or any make 3x3?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 29, 2010 12:31PM
make it 540 any pump !! lets go pulling. 3x4 whistle!! and no crying!!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 01:06AM
I like how Someday thinks! Put a 3000rpm limit on that 540ci with any pump though. A box or a bounty 3x4 turbo rule wouldnt be to bad idea either, might help keep cost down. That would make for a good class for the pullers and spectators both. Just my thoughts.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 03:06AM
I agree with the box turbo rule with a buy out on it... 540, 3by4 turbo, I suppose any pump- then wouldn't have to spend lolts on a a-pump to be the best. cubes would be hard, they would never be checked on that level of pulling, 3,000 rpm would be pretty good, but I personally like unlimited r's lot more fun and looks better to crowd. with the box turbo($1500-1700), and 540 would let everyone in, but a 466 would compete, and if you kept it at 3000 rpm's would be pretty affordable class, don't know how much money it would add to it to go unlimited rpm's? but I would think 15,000 would get you a nice competitive tractor.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western Pa ???? September 30, 2010 03:40AM
look at the light pro class COTPA has 540ci p-pump 3.15xanything with 24.5 max tire at 8500lbs

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 04:48AM
WHY NOT GO WITH 470 CUBES P PUMP NO RPM 3IN IN ANY THING OUT

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 05:22AM
kyprofarm thats sounds like a great class where is it at? looking for something like that in ohio

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 09:02AM
Now there is some rules that make economic since, 540 cubic inch are you kidding me that is not very smart. 470 3x4 p pump max.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 09:22AM
Whats wrong with 540? I understand the extra cost with that but it allows all colors; 504 case and 531 bbjd. I'm thinking like a 10000# or 11000# class.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 10:12AM
I agree. 540 3X4 turbo, open rpm,p pump and 11000. i also like a 3000 . most dont want a 6030 in that class so they make the rules so that they dont fit.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 10:56AM
In a class with cube, turbo, and rpm rules why not try to get all colors included. Not sure if 540ci would cover the Whites and Molines, not sure the cubes of those big motors. What cubes would 2-135 or a g1000 have? I think it would make for some close competition with a 3000rpm rule and the cost would be relatively low with a bounty on the turbo.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 01:05PM
Case has a 451 and a 401, jd has 329,359,414,404,466 and they can decube a 531 to 466 if they want. The massey is 510 and can be decubed to 466 also. 99% of the tractors will fit the class without decubing all will with dedcubing. On the other hand 1% are at or close enough to 540 to not have to do anything and the other 99% would have to spend lots of money to get to that limit. You guys don't make sense at all in one mouth you talk about putting a $1500.00 buy on turboes and in the next you want the majority of tractors to spend thousands to get to a rediculous cubic inch limit. If you are that thick than why wouldn't you want to use a set of rules close to the area that you could hook with like the 531 3.125? turbo class like in ohio you guys are not thinking at all.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 02:03PM
A G1000 has as 504 cubic inch motor

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 02:16PM
The g900,940,950 and 955 all had 451 engines.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 03:20PM
It goes with out saying steel fly wheels tie bars and some sort of rops

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? September 30, 2010 03:48PM
The truth is 466 cube limit will be an IH parade. Boring! Sure lots of colors can be at 466, but only an IH has larger than a 5" stroke on a stock motor at 466. Sounds like some IH guys are tired of getting stomped so they just want to try to build a class that fits them perfect, good luck with that.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 12:05AM
Go with Interstate rules. This is a big class and seems to be working. I would like to build a green one for the class. There is currently only one. A 4320 that won the class a few years ago and since has a tough time staying in the top 5. Go to Eastern Extreme and click on Interstate for rules etc.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 01:09AM
i dont understand threads like this everytime you start talking about a good class all of a sudden it has to be at least a 540 cube limit. honestly you dont have to use the biggest cube motor that each manufacturer made. And hear we go with the whole story about a class designed for IH tractors. (the true story)! can i ask which class isnt designed for IH? the new light pro had to be 540 cube so ALL colors could get it in and what do you see pulling in it and being dominant? RED! doesnt matter what the rules are red tractors are going to be competative. along with green. they are the most common. you always read about people wanting to get masseys and whites and g1000s and every other big cube tractor the chance to pull. do us all a favor and build them and bring them to the pulls. i like to see them.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 01:25AM
I agree Jd43 go with Interstate rules, that class averages 15 tractors a pull so it must be working pretty good, & with interstate rules you dont have to have 540ci(the max is 540) to compete, some of the IH's are still small cube & the 504 will compete well.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 02:32AM
I third the motion. Use the interstate pro farm rules. This class has grown tremendously over the past few years and have had good success with a number of brands. JD/IH/Ford, Case and there's a few pumpkins running around as well. As far as Cubic Inches are concerned, 466, 504, 527 and 540 are all competing.

Ultimately, you'll make it possible to have more locations for this class, which allows folks to travel and pull at some different places and put on a good show for specatators regardless of location.

I don't think you'll go wrong with the class rules for Interstate Pro Farm. Smiling

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 03:38AM
There's nothing wrong with interstates rules. They have a good class of tractors. I just don't care for the Apump and the small but expensive turbo. I've never pulled with them but I have been to a few to watch. Those tractors are makin some really good power, probably 900+. If the rules were 3000 rpm the Apump rule wouldn't bother me. High rpm Apumps can be a pain in the a$$! There's vfd that has some pulls, about 6 or7 a year, there rules are 540, Apump, open rpms, 3x3, and an intercooler. That's bout the same as Interstate's rules except the turbo. They are closer than any Interstate pulls by an hour. I'd just like to see a Profarm class like you see farther west. Big charger, 3000rpm, Ppump.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 10:54AM
Well the fact is there are not many interstate profarms running much over 3000 rpm. And the a-pump thing has been hashed out on here before and the failure to pumps in use ratio is actually pretty low.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 11:25AM
I don't know what tractor you drive or think runs close to 3000 rpms but most are way over 4000 rpms off the line and close to that down the track. Also if you think that you can run in the top five with a engine under 510 cubic inchs your crazy.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 02, 2010 12:39AM
Yeah I just run a case but I know for a FACT that most of the top runners don't turn much over 3000 down the track. So I dont know which tractor you run but maybe you should do some more research.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 02, 2010 01:14AM
what is a little over I run down the track at 3500 to 4000 rpm and most i talked to are there as well. I know the whole class has jumped a gear this year. I just don't want poeple thinking a 466 with our turbo and 3000 rpm will run well in our class. The class we have is a great class just don't down play it and tell people that they can run with us. Tim you and your brother's tractor runs very wellgood luck next year.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 04:04AM
it just goes to show no matter what we try to come up with nobody is going to be happy and no matter what we do it comes done to who spends the most money wins.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 11:09AM
what's the funny turbo rule interstate pullers use that measures the diameter of the housings? What turbo fits into this classes rules? I particularly like the rules they have at the midwest winternationals at gordyville in which the smaller cubic inch (profarm) gets to run more rpm as well as a bigger charger and the bigger cubic inch tractors less rpms smaller charger. The 540ci 3000rpm p pump ( I think 20.8-38 tire limit) class that was mentioned in the beginning of the post sounds ok as long as there is also a limit on turbo. As said before would a 3x3 be allowed or would it be a smaller turbo?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 12:52PM
The profarm class at Gordeyville allows the same turbo but different rpms for different setups such as cubes or intercooler. Im not bashing you Interstate guys, your class does put on a good show. All your classes; mod-turbo, profarm, and light-limited are good shows.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 02:26PM
how are you checking rpm on the sled or with a rpm gun before and after you pull ???

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 03:09PM
on the sled, all it costs is $70 for a sensor and magnet kit to put on balancer. They can tell rpms the whole way down the track

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 01, 2010 03:23PM
that would be a good thing to have for any class that runs rpm limits

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 03, 2010 03:00AM
Their are several turbos that meet this rule holset HX 50 or H2 turbonetixs makes one and a gt42 will work if you put the holset compressor housing on it.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 14, 2010 02:25AM
A G 1000 Moline has a 504 as far as the 2 135 White i do not know right now

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 14, 2010 03:33AM
478 herc

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 14, 2010 02:19AM
BEFORE THEY GO 470 WHY NOT JUST GO 466 THEN YOU WONT HA ALOT OF MONEY IN AN ENGINE

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 03, 2010 08:10AM
MANY INTERESTING IDEAS, several clubs adopting 505 cubes, the only brand this limits is massey, all others have motors
between 400-505. 3x4 turbo works very well with open rpm's, but does not keep things cheap. as our club had found out.
possible box s-400 (approx. $1250) VS. precision (approx. $4-4500) may keep cost down, and keep the class slightly more
even, but overall performace will be lower. just my opinion. Crowds like speed, noise, and smoke, especially if they can
spin out instead of choke.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 03, 2010 09:07AM
505 - 510 is good for all brands (including Massey - 452 SiSu, 513 SiSu, 510 Perkins), 20.8 tires (Bias & Radial), 9,000, 3" inlet w/slots & any exhaust size (let them pick from 3x3, 3x3.5, 3x4). NO RPM LIMIT! You want fans to enjoy watching it too. Beer

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 02, 2010 10:41AM
THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT SEE YOU ON THE TRACK

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 03, 2010 01:36PM
eatern ohio western pa profarm what about 505 cubic 3x3 turbo gt42 limit and p-pumps. rpm?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 03, 2010 01:56PM
What some other organizations are doing:

· Ohio River Valley Pullers Association: 470 cid and 3” X 4” turbocharger

· Indiana Super Farm Pullers Association: 510 cid and 3” X 3.5” turbocharger

· Middle Tennessee Pullers Association: 540 cid and 3” X 3” turbocharger

· Illinois Stock Pullers Association: 505 cid and 3" X 3.5" turbocharger. Slots allowed.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 03, 2010 11:15PM
Any of those sound good other than the ORVTPA. The only thing wrong with it is 470 ci, most guys are bigger than that already. With that limit it will only let 466 JD's and IH's run, correct? I think they should limit rpms to 3000 being a profarm class.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 02:05AM
I agree with 4010 puller on the 3000rpm.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 02:30AM
3000 RPM limited class just makes it a bigger turbo Hot Farm class. To effectively use the air from a 3x4 on a 470cid you will need more than 3000rpms or an intercooler.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 02:41AM
I agree with the intercooler. I wouldn't say you have to have one. The 10000# pro farm at Gordeyville runs 466 3x4 no cooler. I think a class like that would be great around here. The cubes could vary, 466 is ok, you could jump it up to 510 or 540. Just my thoughts. If the class is meant to be economical for all the bounty on the turbo and 466 would be some cheap power with a good show for the fans.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 08:18AM
Intercoolers are nice from a reliability standpoint. Blowing 100deg air in helps cool the pistons versus 600+deg air straight out of a turbo. Even with water injection intercoolers would do a lot for saving engine parts like burnt pistons and damaged valves heads and seats. Anything you can do to cool down a high performance engine will greatly help reliability. That is one of the reasons nearly every farm tractor currently made over 85hp has an intake cooler of some kind on it. Most all big high hp tractors had them on them from the factory and makeing people take them off is silly in my book. If you want to limit power decrease the turbo inlet size, but don't ban intercoolers. It isn't a money thing either as coolers can be had off ebay for less than a set of burnt pistons costs or what a good water injection system costs.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 03:55AM
I think the start of this thread was supposed to find a happy medium between the small numbers of tractors in the Hot Farm classes (too few tractors survive the season to participate) and the very competitive Farm Stock classes throughout Western PA and Eastern Ohio. We are trying to find a sort of cost effective middle ground, WITH enforceable rules. The cube limits, RPM, and charger size limits are great starting points for a discussion, as well as water injection and intercoolers. Some other things that need discussed are the PTO and hydraulics as well as weight classes and safety equipment required. I think we are looking to see how much interest is out there and to see what the preferable rules would be. The reason for this is so that as many tractors as possible could be involved and they would be able to still pull in numerous pulls throughout the year.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 05:10AM
dear interstead you are exactly right on way this class is trying to be started since it wont be farm stock anymore all safety stuff should be required and no need for pto hydrulics and 20.8 tires cut or uncut depends on if you want to spend the money. But i think its time to get on with this and have a meeting and set up some roles for the 2011 pulling season so everybody can decide on what that want to do now instead of in april there seems to be alot of interst in the class so lets get roling with it maybe a meeting in west middlesex pa or hubbard ohio a neatural ground for the oh and pa folks

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 06:53AM
We've seen this so many times in that area. Remember Modified Stock. Early 90's
Those who couldn't win right off migrated back to farm stock, the rest evolved to super farm.
Then came the Open Farm, no r.p.m limit. A good class with a lot of tractors & then a
bickering match over cut vs. uncut tires of all things, & some move on to super farm,
others back to farm stock. Who's going to run this class when you have all these super
farms willing to come & run for peanuts? Who's going to tell the 600 horse road gear tractors
they aren't allowed in farm stock? Actually the Div. 5 tractors are kind of close to what you
guys are talking as far as power goes. Too many classes equal too few tractors in all. Think
before you leep & spend a bunch of $$ on another short lived class.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 09:49AM
What exactly is div.5, seems there was alot of moaning about it a couple years ago.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 12:33PM
were going to tell u what div.5 is----total pain n a-- LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY farm tractors have bigger whistle than they have

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 04, 2010 01:14PM
What are you reffering to as division 5? Central Ohio Classic Super Stock?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 01:03AM
make it 510 3" in any out no rpm limit 20.8x38 [at least rops] cage recomended steel flywheels & blankets tie bars have tryed rpm limits all that causes is friction between pullers & friends we went to open rpms & have had no bickering in at least 5 yrs. good class to pull in & fun to watch

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 01:08AM
sorry forgot to add this is tractor pulling & there is no such thing as affordable so do your best to get sponsorship money for the purse to be able to have a decent payback to atleast get fuel money back i know this is hard to do

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 02:43AM
Div. 5 is central ohio classic s.s. basic rules are 531 open r.p.m. 2.7 comp. wheel
2" outlet. 3" exh. P pump. 18.4's. There are sheet metal year restrictions & such,
but they'll allow newer blocks. Western Pa. & N.W. Pa. run a hot farm class now.
640 open r.p.m. 2.9 comp. wheel 2" outlet 2.9" exh. A pump 20.8's. Tractors for these classes
already exist in your area. If you were doing something, wouldn't it make since to
come up with something that these tractors fit into, so at least you have a base to
start with, or if you want to build a tractor, build it to fit a class already in existance?
To answer the 2nd guys question, there is no organization here, thus no structure.
These local pulls already have 2 sometimes 3 weights of so called "farm stock" ,Div.5,
super farms, antique V-8's, semi's, & diesel 2.6 pickups, that they're expected to run.
I'm not sure they're wanting yet another class. But my main original point was that a
"hot farm" class is a tough road to hoe if you're going to let the hot farm tractors pull as
farm stocks.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 03:46AM
DCTPA.COM 10500 PROFARM CLASS RULES

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 04:36AM
badger state has a great class of profarms. they are allowed 650 cubes intercooled single port water 3X3.7 charger 3000 rpms checked ontrack by data logger. the chargers have to be smooth face for anything over 466. cut tires allowed for all no bigger than 20.8. the only difference between the big blocks and the 466 is that the 466 gets .200 map rings in the charger. both are very competive. i hear all tractors are running 2 to 4 teeth over road gear. great class to watch

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 09:55AM
680? Any turbo? In other words, put stock rails and manifolds on a prostock, ween the the charger back a bit so u dont blow the oem intake off and have at it? Nice!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 06, 2010 02:13PM
We need more tractors.As far as competitors we have alot of good running 466,510 and 600+ tractors and still pretty close.No one really dominated this class still a drivers class not a big billfold.Only problem class needs a sponsorship, purses have not been that great this year, but we all still like to hook.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 05, 2010 10:33AM
SEEN IT BEFORE-You hit the nail on the head. We have enough classes, just put the tractors where they belong. The best way to kill a class is to have one or two dominant tractors. Fix farm stock, simple answer. No one wants to hear it (speed limit). Make it 11 mph. This would only effect a few tractors, myself included. Third and fourth gear tractors could either slow down or put an A pump on and run with hot farm. You could adjust the rules, if needed. I pulled in South Central PA with a group that did just that. Their farm stock class went from 3 to 4 tractors, to ten to eighteen . This would take care of the safety issues and let the farm stock with the beefed up rotary pump have a shot at winning. If we don't do something, we will have 3 or 4 tractors left in the class running road gear with 466 plus engines and no safety equipment. Art P.S. Thanks Jake for making this page available.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 06, 2010 02:13AM
I agree with the 5 Star General pace the farm stock and the hot tractors will either slow down or they can jump to the already established hot farm class. It would be alot easier than starting a new class

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 06, 2010 08:53AM
I agree that N.W. Farm Stock could use some help, but it is a very competitive class, IF you are at the top. I feel the number of tractors showing up will diminish under the current Farm Stock system, but wouldn't you agree that the Hot Farm class is all but gone from North West Pa pullers? 3 or 4 tractors completed the season and you, as well as others from Farm Stock jumped up and pulled in that class near the end of the season, 1- because you are competitive with those tractors, 2- because that class pays back better money back. They payed out upwards of 8 places and that position sometimes took home at least $50. My assumption is, this idea of a class we are discussing would absorb the top Farm Stock tractors as well as the Hot Farm tractors, that could be turned down. Thus increasing the chances of a true Farm Stock tractor and probably increasing the total number of tractors showing up for that class, and saving the Hot Farm tractor division. The rules in the existing classes in N.W. Pa are locked in for another year, but the true Hot Farm tractor count in the class may not survive. My opinion is the A pump is not a cost effective and reliable enough of a pump to switch to, to make the jump even close to cost effective, and Hot Farm only has 1 weight class, that alone doesn't interest me. As I write this, i am writing to open the lines of communication and to spur a discussion of solving what is pretty apparent. Myself and others are interested, not convinced, that this may be an avenue we should be looking at. Thanks

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 06, 2010 11:30AM
Copied from another post, but I think they are on to something. whats everyone's thoughts?

"Illiana Pullers Assoc. has a good set of profarm rules.. it allows big blocks and small blocks to run under one class.. 466 can run 3500 rpms with either water or intercooler, 640 can run 3000 rpms with either water or intercooler, and 641 + can run factory rated rpms.. All engine sizes run very close to each other.. Made for a very interesting class this year.. Turbo rule is 3 inch inlet on compressor side."

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 06, 2010 06:13PM
dear interstead i been doin some thinking and talking to others i feel this would be a great class but my thoughts are lets go with a 540 cubic motor with a 3x3 gt 42 limit turbo open rpm and p pump and all safety stuff for the guys that are bigger than that already or want to build a bigger cube motor have to stay with the 3lm turbo the 2.9intake and 3.06 out and their a pumps cause we all know it takes fuel and air to feed a big cube motor and this could keep big cubes and small cubes close both hot farm and profarm class should have all safety stuff both be allowed intercoolers and both classes be allowed cut tires i feel a 9500# and 10500# would be nice weight classes or maybe a 10,000 and 10,500 see what everbody else thinks

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 06, 2010 11:13PM
Mr. McConnell,
I like that fact your putting this class together. My suggestions would be a 540ci, with a 3.150x4 turbo. Look at the light pro rules that COTPA has. I for one who pull in the light class would come pull with you. You have FFP with a set of rules for there Limited pro and PPP has a set of rules for there Limited pro which are the same. PPP still has the P-pump and 3x4 rule in there, which what FPP start out with. And you have central ohio with a light pro class. All three of these groups are great group to pull with, which I have but lets get some rules that are common...please!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 07, 2010 12:18AM
I am confused! I thought you where putting together a profarm class not a limited pro/mod turbo,super farm or pro/super stock class. Why the big chargers and big cubes. This proves how hard it is to get an economical class started. Hats of to Interstate for what they have done!!!! More than likley there already is a class that your tractor will fit in. Pullers just all want to win every time!! If you are a millonaire you have a better chance of winning in any class. Otherwise find a class to pull in and do your best!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 07, 2010 02:25AM
everybody should take a look at steel city pullers website from west alexdria pa at their profarm rules their easy

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 07, 2010 03:00AM
Most of the hot farm people that are wining are doing so because they can't get a motor to hold together for an entire season. And this is with a 3lm based charger and a pumps. Give them a true 3x3 and a p pump and bam there's another 200-300 HP then see what happens.
I'm personally all for it. less pump maintenance, cheaper pump and turbo, and more power those things don't usually go together. But it doesn't matter when an international or john Deere doesn't win you will want to change the rules again.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 07, 2010 03:42AM
Steel City's rules are easy but vague. Those rules with a bounty on the turbo would be nice. A size limit of 3x3 is a broad price and hp range. $1500 gt42 or a $4500 precision super farm turbo is a big difference. I'm guessing they allow intercoolers, I didnt see anything in the rules that says "no".

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 07, 2010 04:46AM
Let me get this straight? You're proposing 2 entirely different sets of rules (pump & charger) based upon the
cubic inches,----at the brush pull level? Be serious, they don't even check that at the bigger organizations
unless somebody's willing to put up cash. Sounds to me like someone has a big cube farm stock & wants the
current hot farm guys to spend thousands on new pumps, turbo, (cams if you go 3,000) & he'll be able to compete
by just buying a P-pump & running his GT-42 "farm stock" turbo. Either that or he reallllly believes in the honor system!

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? to Mr. McConnell October 07, 2010 05:19AM
Im just asking to see some common rules. I dont care what you say you need a cubic inch limit. Central Ohio checks your cubes and puts a stamp on it and they check the turbos and put a seal on it. If something happens they will re stamp it. Its a hassel but it makes everything fair. Once you get a set of rules lock them in for 3 years. Also watch your weight cause a DOT stop is not fun and can be very pricey. Not everyone has a semi. Oh yea you can get an hx60 3x4 rather cheap.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 07, 2010 05:52AM
does anybody hav a good idea on what to to do theres been alot of different ideas and they all seem great but no one seems happy maybe just leave things the way they are

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 08, 2010 03:41AM
The real goal of this is to eventually get P-pumps into the farm stock class. You have a couple guys here
who's old 540 pro-stock big rotary water injected motors are coming up a little short of the old green 585
pro-stock A-pump motors, even with their GT-42's in farm stock. Northwest Pa. has a hot farm class in which the rules
are set by the pullers. They've already told these guys they have no interest in spending thousands to
essentially end up where they are now. The pulls in eastern Ohio, where their is no organization at all,
will not run this proposed class, or any other new class. They are overloaded now. They run 10,500 &
12,500 farm stock, always getting a dozen or more. Antique V-8's with a dozen or more, semi's, a dozen
or more, diesel pickups with 25 -30 entries, & then they can get Gross, Conny, Kenreigh, Stryfeller, Lee
&Lozier, some of the top Super Farms on the state circuit + a few others to make a good super farm class.
The guys trying to sell this new class know this as well as anyone, & then their next proposal is to just
allow any pump in farm stock. And yes it's great that COATPA checks cubes, but tell me when's the last
time you saw them check anything other than drawbar height at any of these local pulls. Oh yea, they
do hold that hand held tach on the ballancer before you pull, to make sure you have plenty of time to
back the screw out before you hook. Which some of these farm stockers do in plain sight, as well as
openly discuss their nitrous set ups. If these guys want to rebuild their tractor COATPA & Northwest both
have some good options, but you'll have to spend a little money on dues & safety equipment as well
as your pump

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 08, 2010 09:01AM
"truth be told" you are absolutely WRONG. You should also state it as your opinion, and not as facts... It is about saving the Hot Farm class and organizing the better tractors in the Farm Stock division into a group with agreeable rules. As well as giving the under-organized guys in Eastern Ohio a place to pull for money and points, alot of them are in favor of this already. P pumps aren't needed, nor are they allowed in Farm Stock unless your tractor came with one. If N.W.Pa Farmstock has 540's they are getting beat regularly and consistently all year by a Ford and a International with no water injection, they ran at the front of the pack with North West PA Pullers, while a Oliver came on strong near the end of the season. Luckily, that club is color and manufacturer-blind. PS. This has nothing to do with a color of a tractor, next you will be saying woman shouldn't be pulling. For your information as well as others, the Hot Farm class in Western Pa has the most diverse class of tractors i have seen on a small circuit, its just lacking numbers. A blue Ford wins consistently when he gets the right gear chosen, A red International runs tightly with him now that he has it figured out, A woman driving a yellow Case would have been a major player but a terminal malfunction ended her season early this year, and two other Internationals are serious contenders. The rules proposed would give small cubes a larger turbo allowance and a p-pump, and the large cubed tractors (ie: Hot Farm tractors) already have the rules set, so it wouldn't cost them anything. Yes cubes would have to be checked as well as turbos. Constructive advice is more than welcome, thats what will make this thing work, negative attitude will be dis-reguarded.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 08, 2010 11:05AM
dear profarm/hotfar wow you are 100% right its amazing that somebody gets whats trying to be done! it blows my mind away of how many negative people are out there and dont understand this idea for the class makes me laugh they say u need a sponsorship for the class to have a pay back they dont even understand northwest pays 7-8 places in hotfarm and all this class would be doin is adding numbers to that class the money is there just not tractors as the old saying goes nobody likes change. all these people say what does it cost and its to much money last time i checked if your pullin tractors, have a race car or anything with a motor or even showin livestock it takes money didt know you could get rich by doing all this thought it was for a hobby and something to do owell but profarm/hotfarm you said that all very nice and hope people can maybe get an idea for the reason on this

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 09, 2010 02:23AM
After reading all of these posts I've kind of concluded that while the intent may be good, it also seems that you may all be
putting the cart in front of the mule. If it's true that you don't have an organization, that has to be the first step. Then you have
actual meetings out in the open, set up commitees, vote on rules, & maybe most importantly get a committment from various
pulls to hook your class a certain number of times before you spend a lot of money building tractors with nowhere to pull them.
Laying the groundwork may seem tedious & boring, but if it's not done, then this is exactly what you get. Guys asking "who appointed this guy?" "what's his agenda?" "He must be up to something." Slow down, do it right, & if there's enough interest
it'll pay off in the end.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 10, 2010 01:32AM
I went to these N.W.Pa. guys web site (just google it) & read their rules. These seem like pretty good
rules for a hot farm class. It would seem to me that turbo rule is the key, specificly the 2" discharge from
the compressor spec. which is pretty much your 3lm. housing. There's your cubic inch check in a nut
shell. If someone wants to spend a ton building big cubes, let them, they'll never take full advantage of
them with that turbo. If someone wants to run a tractor that already has big cubes, fine. I think the
earlier poster saying a Ford was currently the top tractor would bear that out. Not many 640 Fords
running around. But what I'm not understanding is, if the class is there, & the money is there, & tractors
are needed, why would you not simply build to these rules & go have fun, & try to get the class scheduled
at the Ohio pulls too. Someone earlier alluded to a tire dispute. Man if you can't settle that, then forget
about comingling a class with 2 totally different rules. Also if breakage is a problem, & it always is, if
you start throwing P-pumps, & any 3x3 on motors built for A-pumps & 3lm's, hold on to your hat, both
engine & driveline wise.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 10, 2010 02:19AM
If you guys are really running road gear capable tractors as farm stock with
cast flywheels ,no blankets or tie bars around there you have a lot more
than starting a new class to worry about.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 10, 2010 01:09PM
All the other tech issues aside, why does everyone think this type of class has to be so light? Why not 12 or 13,000 lbs? After all these are farm tractors not garden tractors.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 11, 2010 02:34AM
Isn't that area the 4010 or 4020 was from that exploded and broke in two earlier this spring ?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 11, 2010 08:56AM
Nope

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 11, 2010 11:18PM
Wooster, Ohio is where the 4010 that broke in half.

As for weight, why so heavy? You plannig on farming with this tractor??...LOL Heavy requires a semi, another added exspense. Try hauling a 12,000lb hot stock in PA with a pickup and goose neck. Well you better have your combo reg. to be legal. Oh yea.. I forgot. Yea IF your under the 26,000lbs, but don't let DOT weight your axles cause your rear axle of your pickup up will be overloaded. When your done with a DOT stop, they will make you walk a little funny. Trust me.... I got off the PA turnpike with a 12,000 hot stock, we were class 4. That sure made the guy at the toll booth take a second look. I personally think they should look at the rules that other clubs are running an use that as a building block for the class they want. Interstate ProFarm and Lt Limted turbo classes are great class. Central Ohio Light pro and Classic super are great classes also.

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 12, 2010 03:50AM
I think weight of the class is up for negotiation. I think you are correct for thinking ahead to the Federal, State, and local DOT laws. That's good advice. I do think there needs to be 2 weight classes for the tractor class. Makes the driving and the cost of pulling worth while to go. Also, the two weight classes need to be seperated by 1500 pounds at least, to give a chance to multiple tractors for a win. We all have seen how some tractors are better in a specific weight class than others. How about 10,000 and 11,500 or 12,000? My thoughts to start at 10,000 is only because I know getting a tractor under 10,000 could mean alot more work, and the Hot Farm division at NW Pa Pullers already pull at 10,000lbs. Whats everyone else's input?

Re: Pro Farm eastern Ohio western PA ???? October 12, 2010 05:29AM
Another thing is insurance. There are some insurance companies get testy if you have a hot class over 10,000lbs.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009