Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 10:16AM
We just bought a 5020 natuarlly its stock we would like some ideas on different turbo / pump configurations to make a very competative pulling tractor. Any sugestions we could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 10:43AM
Depends on where you are located. If it's anywhere near IL, IN, KY, or OH...I'd break out the checkbook and get ready to spend to be "very competitive"...and plan on getting the cubes up around 1000 as well.

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 02:49PM
must be quite a set of hot farm rules 2 allow 1000 cubes.... how big a turbo do they allow you to run 10".....you are an idiot depends.

as for the original question, if your rules allow you more ci's go with stroke on the crank not a bigger bore size, run a p pump if you can, have riverside grind you a good cam, get a good set of injectors and a good windmill to go with it. anything else you want to do will help but if you are like most other people and money is an issue that will give you the most bang for your buck

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 02:56PM
Wow, you are retarded...Just because you have a massive motor doesn't mean you need some ridiculously huge charger. Have you ever built a motor, shop class doesn't count either. There are more than twenty engines over 800CI (most BBJD's are from 619 to 920ish) pulling FARM STOCK in IN, IL, KY, etc. all of them have a charger on them much smaller than 10" D-Bag...

And as for Riverside, good guy but I'd rather call Tantrum and win...

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 02:59PM
and for the record, "Hot Farm" is usually 466 if Im not mistaken. Most others are "PRO-farm" if we are talking sanctioned. 640-50 is usually that limit...if it's farm stock, plan on spending some dough to win. Only thing stock on those is the frame rails.

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 03:21PM
O' that makes perfect sense big cubes and no air to feed them ( once again thats sarcasam ) figured i better spell it out for you since you did not get it last time.............idiot

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 03:32PM
You seriously going to argue with me that just because there is some ridiculous cubic inch motor, that automatically qualifys it for a big charger? Obviously you know NOTHING about chargers, just for starters that is, since CFM, Volume, Air, whatever you want to call it, and Boost mixed with fuel are what make power...going into any more detail than that may make your head implode so I will stop there with the explanation of how air and fuel make power and the volume combination of the two has only a little bit to do with how you indeed need to make that combination (ie. atomization, etc.). What school did you go to, I will make sure that I never send my kids there...idiot.

If you need more proof...call your boy at Riverside, or Columbus, or whoever you want...big cubes DO NOT require a huge charger. There are 5" chargers out there that won't move the air like a 3...and vice versa.

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 03:45PM
what Hot Farm class allows 1000 cubes? guy was looking for some help for a Hot Farm class if you can read. and once again the 10" charger coment was (Sarcasam)

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 03:56PM
Now you want to argue semantics with me? Hot-Farm is/could be: a sanctioned "hot-farm" class (usually 466 in. limit; so the 531, by logical deductive reasoning, was out), a non-sanctioned "hot-farm" class insinuating a brush pull that is not of the stock (or MPH limit) nature. If it's the latter, my guess is there will not be anyone checking cubes, and to win he will need many. If it's the former, he won't be pulling with the current tractor and 531 combination. There was no sarcasm here for you, I didn't figure that you would be able to process so many things at once...probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway, and thus wasted my time...much like you have wasted all of ours by litterally being too stupid to insult and trying to do so yourself...

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 25, 2010 05:57AM
I don't think anyone is going to decube a 531 to 466, so the issue of what most hot farm rules would not allow the 5020; but pro farm, or as refered to in hand bills as open farm, modified farm etc., usually list a 680 limit or none; in the 11000 gordyville pro-farm class Clint lists no cubic inch limit in his listing of rpm restrictions, based on cubic inches, just "above 680" . The southern Indiana puller with 3 6030's, is a good example. Open rpm, his "big motor" tractors puts hugh feet on his 680, but at Gordyville a year or so ago, with the rpm restrictions, the 680 tractor reversed the situation. As a side thought, financially, building a 680 from cast off/used pro-stock components or building a 619 from used parts, could be done, but with a need for machine shop work and moving a "heavy" block around. A complete late model 619/10.1 is the slickest, quickest move, if your play budget can afford it. A guy in Cleveland about 4 years ago bought my 5020 with a 619, 40 series block (jd remain short block) 30 series head
for around $8500, was going to scrap the tractor, just said he was needing the motor to farm, and it was cheaper to find 5020/6030's with the 619 than he could locate the motors by themselves. Don't know the current market, but I'm sure they are not cheaper now! Also, there are both stroker and "big piston" 680's (using stock crank) out there, but I'd say the stroker, using ih or sb deere rods, by cutting down those hugh rod journals, are by far the most popular.

Re: Suggestions on a 5020 with a 531 for Hot Farm Class October 24, 2010 12:43PM
If youre going to do that you may want to go to the later 619 or 10.1L engine with crank driven oil pump, good head, and p series fuel pump.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009