ORVTPA - LLSS November 07, 2010 08:07AM
Heard ORV added a new rule for the LLSS class 315 cubes or less can run two 3x3 chargers ! diesel only !

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 07, 2010 10:47AM
wish they had made the rule to match middle tn but oh well it is what it is

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 07, 2010 12:02PM
What is differt from middle tn's rules?

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 08, 2010 10:37AM
Middle Tn. rules are "Diesel" 360 cubes and under can run 2 chargers

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 08, 2010 01:51PM
two many rules orvtpa just made things worse

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 08, 2010 02:03PM
a 2 staged small cube diesel is not going to be any harder to police than a 370 alkey or a 470 diesel. getting them to police any of them is the issue

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 09, 2010 02:00PM
so an alky can run a3x4 and a deisel 315 cannot with twins with a 3x4 , we are running them together successfully and we have stricter head rules than ORV! Guess them Badger state boys scared um!!!!!

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 09, 2010 06:46PM
Im not real sure what you are saying ACLLSS puller. Were you asking a question or making a statement? Orvtpa alcohol tractors at 370 cid and diesel tractors at 470 cid are limited to one 3" inlet turbo. 315 cid diesels can run two 3" inlet turbos. And I dont think any of the orvtpa boys are scared of the badger state boys. Yes the badger state boys are tough but in the past couple years the orvtpa guys have stepped up. I would love to see a class of orvtpa llss up against a class of badger state llss outdoors on a 300' track. I think the badger state boys would have their work cut out for them.

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 12:13AM
The original post on this thread stated “two 3x3 chargers” which implies 3” inlet and a 3” outlet rather than the 3x4 specs so that might be the source of the confusion.

Personally I’m really glad ORVTPA has allow the <315 CID twin 3x4 tractors, those little diesels put on an excellent show. ORVTPA has got the best LLSS class hands down, and there will most likely be 40 tractors in the class next summer. Every other club in the country should take notice and adopt the same rules for their LLSS class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 12:46AM
It is 3x3 twins not 3x4's. And to you ACLLSS anytime you want to comedown and run come on down. Now as far as whining goes we cant keep up you.Tougue Out

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 01:04AM
Well, that’s too bad, looks like ORVTPA must really want to keep the 3x4 Badger style tractors out. The 3x4 twins in Badger, WNY Pro Farm, ECIPA, etc... put on a great show and seem to be on par with the current ORVTPA LLSS class.

ORVTPA still has a great thing going, but I think they missed the mark on the twin charger turbo specs.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 01:30AM
The twin rule should read like bstpa...I was at the meeting and thought it was 3x4 twins....there is always the spring meeting to clear things up

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 11:32AM
I was at the meeting also and I understood 3x4 twin chargers

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 01:45AM
I don't think this post should get turned into Badger State versus ORV.They both are their own organizations and they need to do what is good for there club to put on a show.Personally I think I can talk for most od Badger State and say that we don't need 30-40 llss entries.We might be short sometimes but looking at some ORV results it happens there to.We have fairs that want a 2 1/2-3 hour show.We don't want/need 20 in a class.We had 14 at the last Badger event and a few wern't there..Why change anything.
Everyone wants the LLSS rules on the same page nation wide.If there are 40 plus ORV tractors then it's good that there are 2 classes with different rules just like NTPA super farm and PPL super farm.Nobody wants to watch 70 in one class at one event.Both groups run good but don't turn it into Badger is better then ORV or vice versa.

Re: ORVTPA needs uniform rules November 10, 2010 03:59AM
The problem with the overall growth of the sport in general and this class in particular is the lack of uniform rules. I would never be too concerned of an over abundance of tractors in any class, especially one that has the potential to grow to a national level.

The list of reasons to have uniform rules;

1; the ability to go to any LLSS class hook in the country and know that you are pulling with the same rules. Klint has stated that it’s getting harder and harder to fill has shows with LLSS because of the lack of rules that all the pullers feels puts them on a level playing field.

2; availability of parts, with uniform rules parts will become more readily available which translates into low cost

3; buying and selling, with uniform rules buying and selling of parts and vehicles will draw a larger buying public.

4; growth of the class, if a national event such has the NFMS was ever to consider running a session of LLSS who’s rules would they use? Uniform rules solves these problems.

Reasons to have non uniform rules;

1; ?

It just seems that if an organization is going to write rules to start a new class the opportunity to have uniform rules far out weigh the interest of keeping your organizations closed to outside competition.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: ORVTPA needs uniform rules November 11, 2010 07:46AM
Well put Mr Morgan. You saw our show at the NYS steam Pagent (WNYPFP) and i think we are incorperating the best of Badger State and ORV(with stricter head rules) and are trying to work 466 into the class also. Thanks for the compliments on your page from your visit to that event.This is a fun class with alot of close competition and the most color bar none. Any brand can win on any given night. Hope to see you this summer, "Fathers Pride"!

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 04:13AM
I sure hope they went with a 3x4 turbo rule. 3x3 is dumb if you are trying to keep costs down, and the 3x4 run more reliably since they are balanced better for pressures. The only box stock 3x3 I know of is the gt4202, and I can buy 2 brand new Schwitzer 3x4s for what one of them costs! Besides gaining a litte effeciency from compounding the tractos don't have anymore power potential than the 470's since they will both be running the same atmospheric turbo.

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 10, 2010 11:39AM
We may have 30-40 tractors but we have ORV, BOB,and KTPA with all 3 pulling at same night sometimes. Even with only one organization pulling the average is still 12-14 tractors with the exception of Brandenburg and Lanesville which has 20-25

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 11, 2010 04:39PM
Another reason for the big numbers of llss in the Kentucky area, there are nights, when the associations/promotors work together, for pullers to get in two hooks a night, by pulling llss the first class at one pull and a later hooking class at a pull nearby, and likewise for the 8500 pro-farm class. The late John Predovich would love to have seen this class, for his 4 cylinder twin charger Ford!!! The quality of appearance of the vehicles; the performance of the alkys and diesels in this class may well have pemanently damaged the stability of the light super stock class. Rapsedy in Blue, which was a bench mark diesel tractor, in terms of performance and class versatility, comes to KY each year to pull, the Sipes family have stepped up with their new state of the art ride, Dibbles remarkable "M", makes me wish Gordyville was next weekend, of course, with a 300 ft track----always got to wish for something more!!!

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 12, 2010 03:11PM
Why is a 300 ft track advantageous for some but not others? I'm kinda new to this stuff so help me if you can please.

Re: ORVTPA - LLSS November 13, 2010 03:14PM
It isnt such a BIG deal when everybody has to pull on the same track, just requires a little different set-up ocassionally. 300 vs 250 vs 230 . just set-up accordingly like everybody else.As pullers we have to adapt to different tracks all year long!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,783, Posts: 229,968, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,048.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009