All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 05:15AM

Cajun Queen I at Bethany 1971 or 72

Cajun Queen II at Bethany 1972-73?

Cajun Queen III at Tulsa,OK 1973-74

Cajun Queen II at Tulsa,OK 1972 winning the 15,000 class.This has never been on here before.

I just had this one on here-Kansas City 1974?

Just dug this one out from Bethany 1971-72?.It kind of looks like Cajun I with the air cleaner and stacked JD weights on the front?It looks like it has the famous Sydenstricker sign on the side,If She Goes She Goes,If She Blows She Blows.

The top 3 pictures have been on here several times.If you want to save them this is your chance as I wont be putting them on here again.

In all my years on the internet I have never seen any other Cajun Queen pictures.Surely someone has some.Does anyone know the Sydenstricker family that owned them? I'm sure that they would have lots of pictures.Van Botkins built them and was the #1 driver.Did I hear right that he is no longer with us.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 11:54AM
here are a couple of pics that I havePhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 12:29PM
Thanks,I was hoping that someone else had Cajun pictures.I had never seen Cajun III with a wide front.If you are whom I think you are,you pull orange tractors in northern Missouri.I saw some of your pulling pictures on the Allis forum a year ago.Keep those 1970's pictures coming as I cant get enough of them.

Do you have a good picture of A. F. Yaricks Orange Crate 190XT AC puller from Rich Hill,MO?My local AC dealer sponsored that tractor and my brother worked on it some.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 12:35PM
I live down the road from Mike Brooks, who use to drive the Cajun Queen. The next time I see him I will ask if he has some old photos and see if I can post them.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 12:55PM
Thanks.Ask Mike about the time the narrow front broke off at Sedalia...Besides Mike I think John Bowne also drove the Cajuns a few times.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 01:01PM
I believe he did. I will talk to Johnny about that.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones July 12, 2018 02:24AM
Johnnie Bowne did pull the Original Cajun Queen for awhile, I am his grandson.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 27, 2010 02:42PM
BG-IH, here are some of Yaricks Orange Crate pics. Yes I pull the orange. Got tons of old Bethany, Tulsa pics.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 28, 2010 01:31PM
Thanks for the Orange Crate pictures.I only had one picture and it wasnt that great.I'll gladly look at all the old Bethany and Tulsa pictures that you have time to put on here.Do you have any for these pullers?

Severe 1256 and 1466 IH
Findley twins 806 IH
Selby 2150 Oliver from Ridgeway,MO
Berrey 1150 Massey
Shafer 856 and 1066 IH
C B Scott 180 AC
Kirkpatrick 4020 JD
Hedtke D-21 AC
Dohrman 180 and 190XT
Steve Tate Mod

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 28, 2010 02:04PM
I always enjoy looking at these pictures of older pulling tractors! One question I do have, what did a lot of these guys use for turbos on these early Super stocks? Like Severe's 1256, Kolb's 856, the Cajun Queen Deere's, the various D21 Allis out there, what did a lot of these guys use? Of course, there was no calling up & ordering "this years latest & greatest box-charger" then, just a lot of trial & error, find the biggest turbo you can & see if you can spin it! I just wondered if there was one that caught on early back then, or if the variety of turbos back then was as big as the imagination of the guys bolting them on.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones-turbos December 29, 2010 12:16AM
i remember being told Cajun Queen 2 had a to4 and a t18a40 later everyone used a tho8 turbo for the first stage.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 28, 2010 10:58PM
thanks for the nice pics, anybody have any pics of the Little American mod, from years ago, had a 427 Ford SOHC in it?

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones January 02, 2011 09:58AM
Was that a WD-45 tractor from Independence, MO? I remember a WD-45 with a 427 Ford in the early 1970's and can't remember the name of the tractor or who pulled it.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones January 02, 2011 10:50AM
not sure of the chassis, but know it was a 427 SOHC, saw it run once, that thing really turned on.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones January 02, 2011 12:27PM
The Little American Ford 427 cammer was the Wilsons from Greenville,Ohio and some pictures can be found in old NTPA Puller mags.

The two 427 Fords that pulled out of the KC,MO area in the early 1970's were Mike Beasley and Arlie Zieg if I remember right.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones January 03, 2011 05:35AM
thanks for the info,I'm a Ford man at heart and remember seeing the little American once.wish I had more info/ pictures of it.

Re: "Little American" pic for TorinoSteve January 03, 2011 07:33PM
Caption below the pic says Norm Smith is driving...The picture at the top is Bruce Hutchersons single engine Macon Bacon Special...The 2nd pic at the bottom is Ralph Banter a twin blown chevy tractor.I can't read who the top 2 tractors are?...

Re: I also added more pics to my gallery January 03, 2011 07:44PM
To see some more older pics, click my name OFB® highlighted Blue and in my profile click "View User Gallery"..I added about 30 more pics tonight...I'll try and post a link to my gallery,but if it doesn't work,just click my name.Randy...

My image gallery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 02:33AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: I also added more pics to my gallery January 04, 2011 12:10AM
thanks randy,patches

Re: I also added more pics to my gallery January 05, 2011 04:34PM
Your Welcome Steve and Patches,was happy to share my collection..I have several more to add someday when i get bored..I am like most everyone here and love seeing the pictures from the "good ol days"...I sure wished i had took more pictures of my early years going pulling with my neighbor with his modified tractor..For some reason i just never liked taking pictures,probably because they never looked very good..A good example for me was back around 1985 or 86 we was at the Indy Super Pull and i took a bunch of pics,but not even half of them turned out,plus the ones that did were too far away...Even today i don't take many pics,but it seems several people are taking pics now,so todays history should be well documented..Well till the next time,keep the old pictures coming,sure bringing back a lot of good memories.Randy....

Re: "Little American" pic for TorinoSteve January 03, 2011 11:04PM
Thank-you for the pic, it's been a long time, but I can still hear that 427 SOHC in my head, course, there's not much up there to deaden the sound!

Re: "Little American" pic for TorinoSteve December 29, 2012 03:31AM
i am the grandson of the James wilson and the son of Dennis Wilson

Re: "Little American" pic for TorinoSteve December 30, 2012 12:49AM
Thanks for the pic, Mike, but for some reason I can't get it,I'm not that good with the computer, so when my son, or daughter get up, I'll have them try.As I said before, I remember seeing the Little American run 1 time,barely got beat by a tractor with 2 blown big block Chevys, gotta think maybe mid to late 70's in Syracuse New York,State Fair.

Re: "Little American" pic for TorinoSteve December 29, 2012 04:59AM
Here's a pic of The little american i got from my grandma

little american pic

Re: "Little American" pic for TorinoSteve December 30, 2012 05:24AM
gonzo 1066
BG-IH
The Little American Ford 427 cammer was the Wilsons from Greenville,Ohio and some pictures can be found in old NTPA Puller mags.

The two 427 Fords that pulled out of the KC,MO area in the early 1970's were Mike Beasley and Arlie Zieg if I remember right.
Way back I was working the track at the Elkhorn NAPA national pull. I pulled tractors off and onto the track and was out on the track when Wilsons Little American made a Chevy devistating pass in (I think 5000# class) And won that class. I helped him back to the pits as something was wrong with the Cammer. I watched them take the right hand headder off and in one of the ports was the head of a exhaust valve. I went over to express regrets that they would not be able to pull the evening 7000# class. Well they disabled the intake valve on the damaged cylinder and went out and WON the evening class with only 7 cylinders!!! Cool tractor.

yes i was told about this from my uncle and my gpa remembers it well and thanks impta about the info i called the president and he suppose to get me tony's number

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 29, 2012 10:33AM
BG-IH

Way back I was working the track at the Elkhorn NAPA national pull. I pulled tractors off and onto the track and was out on the track when Wilsons Little American made a Chevy devistating pass in (I think 5000# class) And won that class. I helped him back to the pits as something was wrong with the Cammer. I watched them take the right hand headder off and in one of the ports was the head of a exhaust valve. I went over to express regrets that they would not be able to pull the evening 7000# class. Well they disabled the intake valve on the damaged cylinder and went out and WON the evening class with only 7 cylinders!!! Cool tractor.

Little American December 29, 2012 04:29AM
Little American chassis was running with Indiana mod pullers in the late 90's I think, tractor ran with I'll tractor pullers before we changed to blower class in 2000 .

Re: Little American December 29, 2012 04:43AM
is the frame still out there?

Re: Little American December 29, 2012 04:58AM
Call Stan @270 860 3820

Re: Little American December 29, 2012 06:04AM
The chassis is now c.alled Maximum Traction and is owned by Tony Roush. Pictures can be seen at www.indmpa.com.
He won the points title this past summer.

Re: Little American December 29, 2012 07:50AM
I realy enjoyed tractor pulling in those days. Does anyone know of any old chissis from that era are setting arround that are for sale. Be neat to restore one!
Thanks,Bob

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones December 29, 2012 03:43PM
What a gorgeous tractor. Still gets my heart a pounding just looking at it. Beautiful.

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones July 23, 2013 08:08AM
I'm Van's daughter. Sorry to confirm he passed on June 2, 2007. Sad

Re: All My Cajun Queen JD Pictures-Plus 2 New Ones July 13, 2018 03:42AM
Here's some silent film of CQ2 & CQ3.

Cajun Queens Silent Film

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,761, Posts: 229,922, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM