Hp puller 2000?????? January 07, 2011 05:14PM
How many "profarm" classes out there allow hp puller 2000 tires in the class???

Re: Hp puller 2000?????? January 07, 2011 05:24PM
last time i checked they NEVER made HP's in 20.8 38s. HELLO24.5 and 30.5s ask firestone to start makin them!!!!! HAHA

Re: Hp puller 2000?????? January 08, 2011 05:59AM
Well dumba$$ here in Pa you can run 24.5's so don't spout off so fast !!! But they cannot be cut on the front so no 2000 pullers.

monkey boy January 08, 2011 12:24AM
you keep talking and getting him publicity pretty soon he will be more popular than Esdon Lehn whats after that who knows other than I am quite sure he will thank you when all the publicity you have generously provided lands him his own late night tv show

Re: monkey boy January 08, 2011 05:10AM
hey ross who r u talkin about there was no names giving do u know something i dnt the question that was ask was "how many pro farm classes allow hp tires

Re: monkey boy January 11, 2011 10:53AM
so ross do u think the guy they are talkin about is the one and only jeffery dann he really is a man i look up to i love goin to the pulls and seeing him blow by everyone else by 20 ft thats really got to make him feel really good im sure now if he puts the hp tires on he may get them by 30 maybe even 40 ft boy i really feel bad for the guys tis summer with profarm tractors that have to pull against the route 66 a true super farm tractor i really wish he would stay up with the esp guys where he belongs in my opinon the profarn class should b a 20.8 class and thats it theres no need for these bigger tires

raymond lewis

Re: monkey boy January 11, 2011 11:42AM
Its not Jeffs fault he built with the rules of that class, its just unfortunate that his competitors cant pony up the cash to compete with him. From what I understand Jeff went to these guys and told him what he was building and they all agreed it was ok so Idont see what the big deal is. As far as the tires go there is nothing that says you cant have them, right, wrong, or indifferent its not in the rules. Sounds to me like they are going to ruin a good class of tractors. Remember dont hate the player hate the game.

Re: monkey boy January 11, 2011 11:55AM
ok but its guys like him that blow this class way out of wack and thats why they cant get any new tractors to join the club yes theres nothing in the rules about hp tires in the rules but come on wing nut theres no need for them tires in this class ..........................................................
raymond lewis

20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 11, 2011 01:34PM
Raymond,

Am I mistaken but isn’t Jeff Dann’s tractor still 504 cubic inches? That’s well under the ESP Super Farms that people seem to think he permanently belongs (they are pretty much all 620-640). What exactly is the complaint with Jeff’s tractor? It meets all the Pro Farm rules doesn’t it? So if it’s 100% legal to run as a Pro Farm with the WNYPro Farm Pullers what’s the problem?

Is Jeff’s tractor too nice? Is it too professional looking? Is it too expensive? Is it too red? Is it too shiny? What exactly is the problem?

I applaud anyone at any level for building the most professional tractor that they can afford. It brings up the level of ALL the tractors around it. This sport needs fans, and most fans don’t come to see a old tractor that looks like it just unhooked from the spreader. They come to see souped up pulling vehicles, no matter what the level. The cleaner they are the better. The nicer looking the better. Jeff’s tractor is a credit to WNYPFP and ESP.

If Jeff meets the rules that everyone else plays by I don’t really see what the problems is. Can someone please enlighten me as to what’s so bad about Jeff Dann’s tractor.

As for 20.8’s, if the club wants to change the class rules to 20.8 tires then that’s fine, it might be a good move for the class. If they do change the rules, I’d encourage Jeff to buy a second set of 20.8’s and do a quick tire change between events and make as many WNYPFP events as he could to help that club put on a show.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 12, 2011 11:45AM
Look Ray I am not trying to start anything with anybody but you have to agree if its not in the rules about the tires then it should be allowed , but thats just my opinion. I do understand your point of view, but untill the rules are changed there is nothing that says it cant be allowed. I agree with Mr. Morgan, I dont see what the big deal is with a guy who is simply spent the time and money were it mattered, did his homework and put together a competitive tractor that complies with the rules. A tractor that you guys knew was being built from day one. Like I said right ,wrong ,or indiffernt, its a rule change that should be addressed by the people in your class.

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 13, 2011 12:53PM
what rules lol (out sider)

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 13, 2011 11:43PM
if thats the truth no one fallows the rules and no one enforces them either so i really think tis class is goin to fall apart just like it did yrs ago something needs to change fast or there doomed

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 14, 2011 12:52AM
Somebody that has done their homework, will always be the top factor, regardless of tire size. It doesn't matter what level of pulling u look at, u will always find this to be true!

I disagree January 14, 2011 01:07AM
The people involved in that class are a good group of people, I do not know of any puller in that class that is not working to improve their tractor with what means they have possible. Pulling is expensive on any level. One way I look at it (my opinion) if the LSS class said you can only run 8 ply 30.5 tires where do you go to get them?? they do not make them any more new old stock is as much or more than hp's is that a good rule to implement for the puller? I guess if you look in the super farm class tractors win with old style pullers and some win with new hp's, ask 100 different people you will get 100 different opinions. A good new set of old style pullers is not much cheaper than a yr old set of hp's if any. A tire is a tire some might work better thans others on any given day.The tractor that wins in any class does not win for ever and if a guy beat the hot running tractor in that class hands down he would have more satisfaction than if the tractor was not there at all. Look at esp superfarms Zorns were the one everyone wanted to beat. Will a win mean as much to those that are left in the class with out snoopy II ???

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 14, 2011 08:35AM
If there club lets any class fall apart as you say chain binder what will happen do to provide a full show to the promoters, it takes more than one class. No class will ever grow or not fall apart if you continually change rules, to much restriction on the rules will bring you back to farm stock. In order to have places to go pulling you must have a promoter to hire you and that will only happen if you have enough quality tractors/trucks to bring, so that spectators come through the gate. The only people doing this at a loss is all of the pullers. So be sure that you maintain a level the doesn't leave you with out a place to pull.

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 14, 2011 11:42AM
But lets be clear here there is no rule on hp tires so you cant enforce a rule that is not there too begin with.

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 14, 2011 11:58AM
I completly agree that hp tires are legal and that it needs to stay that way

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 20, 2011 02:16PM
This class will continue to struggle until the entire class figures out that they need each other to make a good show! Lets clear a few things up here;1st The rules were for 3yrs(2009-10-11) and they have bickered from yr one.(yes we did simplify the turbo, rules after the first year but do not believe it hurt anyone, too much to tech) 2nd the vote was unamious when these rules were made, and the person in question wasnt able to vote (new member) 3rd the rpm rule was not enforced on the 531s becuase it only helped bring the class closer together on the track(who benefitted?) 4th I take responcibility for missing the error in the rules to clarify about tires,it was originally no PULLERS what soever, then 2 members had already had them on there tractors, so it was discussed at the next meeting and consesus was to move forward(this was before the final rules were printed) At that time I said no HP PULLERS, and others agreed. I could not find in the minutes where it was wrote down, therefore after a discussion with our head tech it was decided they would be legal for this upcoming season; our hands are tied. However the statement was made that the rules are up after the 2011 season and the possibilty of the HP s being voted out then. Now its time for each and every individual in this class to take a gut check and ask themselves if they want rules for them only or come up with set that is benificial to ALL for the 2012 season, you need each other to survive! You have all summer to come up with a plan that involves ALL of you and present it next October. signed:WNYPFP president

Re: 20.8 vs 24.5 in Pro Farm January 21, 2011 06:01AM
From what I’ve seen on the track, 24.5 HPs vs. older 24.5 Pullers is a non-issue. I’ve seen both sets of tires win convincingly on different track conditions and I’ve seen both sets run within millimeters of each other. I’ve also seen some very impressive passes on the non-Puller version of 24.5 tires in the lower horsepower classes.

I personally think the rules that govern classes should be designed to make the classes as fair as possible while allowing pullers the ability to have options and flexibility. From all the pulls I’ve been to it seems perfectly fair to allow 24.5 Pullers and 24.5 HP’s.

If however the goal of the rule making is to simply ban an item because someone has it while others don’t… well, I’m completely opposed to those types of rules. Banning a tire will not keep costs down, and it will not advance any class. If a club or class tries to ban a specific tractor simply because of tires… I’m guessing that won’t work either.

However… if a tire cost $20,000 and gave you 20’ more then maybe we could argue that it shouldn’t be allowed in entry level classes, but that’s simply not the case with ANY of the HP tires I’ve seen go down the track.

My personal view on rules is the same as it is on government, we need the smallest and simplest rules that maintain order and safety.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009