ESP Schedule January 23, 2011 06:15AM
The ESP 2011 tentative schedule has been updated again. The latest change is the Langford pull will now be co-sanctioned with the NYTPA.

www.empirestatepullers.com

Re: ESP Schedule January 23, 2011 07:45AM
Wow thats going to bring in some iron! Why was the decision made to co-sanction this year?

Re: ESP Schedule January 23, 2011 09:23AM
Great news for ESP & NYTPA!!!! The past few years Langford as run the same day as Cobleskill.....I'm hoping some ESP teams will now support the Cobleskill event!!! I'm looking forward to making the trip to Langford......always seems to be one of the better shows in ESP winning mulitple Pull of the Year awards!!!! There was alot of talk last year about fans being not happy with only having one hook per class and not enjoying the Showdown. I think this another way of trying to give the fans something they'll enjoy!!!! Great news coming from ESP....I'm looking forward to seeing the NYTPA schedule!!!!

Re: ESP Schedule January 23, 2011 11:26AM
WOW! this is going to make in my belief, one of the best and biggest pulls in nys, just that much better! Nytpa brings a really great group of strong running, very competative pulling vehicles that i would say alot of people on the westren side of nys have probably never seen before. I also comend the powers that be at esp for trying something new at langford last year, but i think this will be the best alternative to bringing fans the best show possible without seeing the same tractors 2-4 times in a 12 hour span. thanks.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 23, 2011 03:32PM
Now what we need to see is Langford step it up to triple sponsor; ESP, NYTPA, and East Coast Pullers.

I know this may seem crazy, but it would step this show up to a whole new level; there are other shows that dual sponsor, but no triple. Plus it would bring in some Iron that is not seen around here. Many of the pullers in these three organizations jump around anyways.

Just a crazy Idea.

Thanks
Justin

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 23, 2011 03:51PM
this would have been done sooner bringing NYTPA into the show at Langford but like was said above cobleskill was always the same weekend and its tough with county fairs getting their dates to change. we are happy this is going to work out and look forward to a good show of iron this year. as far as the east coast smoker series coming also, may be something to look at in another year. the last time we had those guys come they were hurting on tractors and the semis last year ended up being a flop. there are a few new tractors coming out this year in new york state, should be a good summer......still wont be the same without SnoopyII but that opens the doors wide in the ESP superfarm class, hopefully it will be the year for the All or Nothin' Beer

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 12:00AM
Wow, this is awesome news. This could be the best Langford show ever! It no doubt will set a record for iron. We are probably looking at 30 or more heavys., 15 mods, 15 2wd's. Awesome.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 04:31AM
A lot of pullers are not going to show at Langford because of the distance from Albany to Buffalo; it's a long way to go for one hook.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 06:39AM
yeah without snoopyII..(rip) theres sense of its anybodys for the taking this year in the esp super farm class, so with that being said, has a john deere ever won the year end points in the esp super farm class? i cant remember ever seeing it, with the way musty/metz cripple choas JD has been improving, could this be a first?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 06:55AM by newhollandblue.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 08:35AM
wow, this is awesome news. I live in pa and went to langford two years ago( when they still ran the two sessions) and it was a great show. We get to see some of the new york guys when they come pull at the "buck", and they always give the east coast guys tough competition( great guys to talk, as a fan, as well).i was looking for a pull in new york to go to this summer,DECISION NOW MADE! what a great pull it will be with both esp and nytpa.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 11:49AM
Hey Alkyfan Did you by chance hang out with Thumper Team at The Buck after the pull in September by any chance?

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 12:46PM
Hey. Steve how would u know who was there? I heard u had a run in with a Chev fender!!l

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 25, 2011 10:22AM
You could say we were tight But that was the night before I was much more reserved and sat down alot that night. LOL

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 01:15PM
STEVE K. - yeah, i hung out with the thumper team for a little while, really like talking with Tom and his team, fun bunch of guys.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 25, 2011 10:25AM
I think I remember ya, You said you had come to Langford before. Just making sure my memory is still good you were the one who tried to push the turbine tractor on the trailer in the pits for us.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 25, 2011 03:10PM
are you part of their crew? that was one of my friends, there is three of of us that usually hang out with and talk to the thumper team when he comes down to the buck. i'll be at the spring "buck, PA" pull, and plan on going to the langford pull,see you there.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 09:47AM
i think langford will do just fine with esp/nytpa. i would love to see esp/nytpa,eastcoast at the ny state fair. in the center of the state, just a short drive up rt. 81 and i90 east and west on two tracks, upper and lower just like in the 1980's. with a raised purse.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 02:15PM
Gus, I think you have a better chance of seeing the Triple Sanctioned at Langford then at state fair. State fair just got a pull back. They have alot of things to work out. Seen many complaints on here about track. Maybe in the future State Fair will be back in its Hay day.

The people Running Langford really, step it up; I would love to see them go back to a Double hook and/or add the Third sanction. They could make it a two day pull; Concert on Friday, Saturday pull start like 1:00pm & repeat show on Sunday start like 11:00am. That would be a "Down-Home Country Weekend". That would really bring in the Iron and Fans!

I think NY needs a Grand National NTPA pull somewhere again.

Thanks
Justin

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 03:26PM
3 days from a fans perspective would be pretty sweet, but, it is a fundraiser put together and worked by volunteers from one fire department. trust me by the time we are set up all week before, let everybody party saturday night, 11p clear it out, tear down the concert, get a few hrs of sleep and get ready to work the track at 630a and etc. etc a two day event is more than enough work. thanks everybody for your loyalty and support year after year!

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 03:59PM
Jeff, we really do appreciate all you and the other volunteers do for the event and the fire dept.

Maybe you could look into seperating the concert weekend from the tractor pull weekend. Is there many advantages to having them the same weekend? It would give you plenty of time to tear down and setup for next show. Also if you seperated them it may make the shows more enjoyable for the volunteers. They would have more time to do things. With it being the same weekend its alot of work and no sleep, makes for a long weekend. Also by seperating the the concert and the pull it would allow people another paycheck before next show, may make for a few more dollars spent.

Thanks
Justin

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" January 24, 2011 04:45PM
Jeff i agree the LNoFD does an amazing job every year! It gets bigger and better every year!,I know its early but do you know if the WNY profarm will still be doing a session? and its a just a thought but with but with the added pullers of nytpa have they ever thought of putting in a double track to handle the #'s? cause theres been years i can remember leaving at midnight or later, which isn't a bad thing but now were possibly doubling the amount of tractors in every class........aug 6th-7th cant get here soon enough, really looking forward to langford this year. thanks acdBeerBeerDrinkingDrinkingThumbs Up

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" start time? January 25, 2011 01:07AM
I know schedules are not set in stone yet, but any idea if langford will be an afternoon or evening session?

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" start time? January 25, 2011 09:41AM
Hope it's an afternoon show...it's a long haul back to the other side of the state. Not to mention those who have to work Monday. Having a two day co-sanctioned event wouldn't be possible if it's run this same weekend. NYTPA has a hook at Horseheads Saturday....A two day show would be nice though and would be a little better for the NYTPA guys...tough to travel that distance for 1 hook. It's tough to find a weekend that would fit both groups. I'm really looking forward to this event and would like to thank everyone involved with the Langford Pull for making this a co-sanctioned event. It's a busy week for NYTPA but I always enjoy the ESP pullers and fans.

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" start time? January 25, 2011 01:41PM
Believe WNY Pro-Farm is opening the show at noon ,with a 4-4:30 start for ESP & NYTPA !

Re: ESP Schedule "Langford" start time? January 25, 2011 03:12PM
THANKS

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009