Ceramic Coating! January 27, 2011 07:47AM
I need a new exhaust manifold, and was wondering if I should go to a header, or stay with a Stock manifold? If I go either way, is it worth the money to have either one of them ceramic coated? I have a 466 block (red) and run a lite pro-stock tractor! Thanks for any info!

Re: Ceramic Coating! January 27, 2011 08:53AM
I would recommend ceramic coating no matter which style you choose. The biggest gains will be in reduced under hood temps. You can see some gains in increased exhaust gas velocity, but that really depends on the design of your exhausts. Best coating I use is a ceramic satin black. It offers 2000 degrees of protection. I would do the exhaust inside and out, and do the exhaust side of the turbo the same way. There are other options if you prefer color or Stainless appearing coatings. If you build a mild steel header it is very important to coat it for longevity reasons.

Any questions please call,
High-Rev Technology
(731)574-1128
www.high-rev.com

Re: Ceramic Coating! January 27, 2011 01:17PM
Swain Tech ! The very best in ceramic .

Re: Ceramic Coating! January 28, 2011 01:35AM
Rob Bonino's bunch (Professional Powdercoating) has some high heat coatings that last, are reasonably priced, and have quick turn around.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009