where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 15, 2011 09:26PM
hello all I am looking to get a 3inch spring loaded air shut off device. anyone know where to go to find on I have tryed google but nothing of what im looking for pops up. thanks all for help

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 15, 2011 11:42PM
Goggle for a blast gate. They are used on dust collection system in wood working shops. You will have to add the springs.

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 16, 2011 12:04AM
mcmaster-carr industrial supply 20.00 plus the 2.00 springs makes for an expensive setup.

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 16, 2011 01:23AM
Give these guys a call.

The Blastgate Company

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 16, 2011 01:39AM
Search amazon.com for a blast gate. I got mine for $15.00 shipped. As has been said already, the springs will have to be added. A trip to the hardware store should take care of that easy enough.

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 16, 2011 06:42AM
With these types of blast gates I am concerned that the slide is not substantial enough. Is the slide in these types of shut offs actually substantial enough to keep from warping and "getting sucked in" in the event of an emergency? I have seen more than one occassion where the air shut off is pulled and the tractor keeps running full bore. It always made me wonder what they actually had in there for a shut off. I made one for our tractor. The slide is 1/4" thick stainless steel, and I built the rest of the "device" out of 1.5" thick and 1" thick aluminum, and it seals very tightly. Maybe it is way over built, but by mistake one time we tried to start the tractor with it shut and the tractor would not start.

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 16, 2011 08:19AM
By the rule book, the shutoff should prevent the tractor from building boost...just sayin.

Re: where do I get a gillotine air shutoff?????????? February 16, 2011 08:38AM
Call Chad Ilenfelt the best time of day to get a hold of him is in the morning.These are made of aluminum THEY WORK GREAT AND PRICED RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 920-255-2793 I think he has volocity stacks to go on them too!!

These aren't cheap @#$%& these are the real deal if you want $20 junk then go buy it

Dont buy one before you call him!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 08:42AM by Hotsmallblock.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,648, Posts: 229,717, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,907.

Our newest member JD_8520