I disagree Jake March 26, 2011 06:51AM
Hey Jake,I beg to differ with you.But technically your right,you didnt kick me off,you just confronted me at BG and told me to stay off the page.It was over the "variance" issues a few years back and you werent agreeing with my outspoken attitude about variances.That issue isnt any different than the one about "cheating".Water over the dam now,no hard feelings.I still believe in no variances and 0 tolerance for cheating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 12:25AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: I disagree Jake March 27, 2011 03:15AM
Bill,

I remember speaking with you in BG, and that wasn’t to “confront” you, but rather just to meet you and get to know you. I try to do that at every pull I go to. In fact I met some great people this past weekend, some I agree with, and some I disagree with, it’s just fun to put a face with a name. If memory serves me correct, we had a real nice conversation.

The only thing I ever told you to stop posting regarded you bashing a builder anonymously. If I remember correctly you had a builder that you had some bad dealings with, and you were posting under your IP address on an unrelated post and then bashing them “anonymously” under the same IP address on a different thread. Now, I’m not saying I didn’t believe your account of your dealing with the builder, but you (or anyone else) needs to post your name if you are going to speak disparagingly of anyone. I didn’t delete you because we “disagreed” but because you were continually violating the rules of the page.

I also didn’t ban you, we just deleted you when you didn’t follow those specific rules. I also didn’t tell you not to post, myself or my father may have asked that you take a breather and let things settle down for a while.

I’m sorry if you misinterpreted our conversation, we just wanted you to take a brief step back and take a deep breath because we were sick of baby-sitting threads regarding a specific builder.

One a side note:
As for discussing variances, I don’t remember ever arguing about variances with you, but I’m not, and have never been in favor of permanent variances. Let me make my stance clear I’m 100% against permanent variances, and 99% against short-term variances. The only possible time I think a variance is even remotely OK is for a short-term situation (one or two years at most). For example when an organization makes a major rule change and suddenly there is a very expensive rebuild. In those very rare situations I think it’s OK to give a puller(s) a build down period. But that’s a whole different topic and it seems like we are on the same page or very close because I’m 100% against cheating, and 99.9% against variances.

Now I feel bad, I hope you haven’t been just reading threads and not positing on topics these past few years because of a misunderstanding… please feel free to post, feel free to disagree, but please don’t violate any page rules.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: I disagree Jake March 27, 2011 07:58AM
WELL SAID JAKE!

Re: I disagree Jake March 27, 2011 02:16PM
What a bunch of crap a guy has to go through to offer a free site to everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 12:23AM by Jake Morgan.

inappropriate posts March 27, 2011 03:21PM
Thanks, but it’s fine, as a wrote in another thread, I’ve got thick skin, I can take it, I sleep just fine at night. The disagreement, debate, and intelligent discussion is fun and I’d do that all day long, but the babysitting… well there’s nothing mentally stimulating about that. Thankfully with so many people helping out, it’s really much, much less of a chore these days.

The truth is, thousands of people read and enjoy this page each day. I feel so honored when people thank me for the page at pulls; I’m glad I can help out and be part of this community.

There’s really only one person who gets on here and bashes me; that person always post from Brookville/Lewisburg OH. I’d like to encourage every person to please not respond to that person (or any inapproprite post). Please instead just pray for them. I honestly don’t think it’s good to have that kind of hate and jealousy in your heart and it actually makes me a little sad when I sit and really think about it so please keep that person in your prayers. I encourage you all to pray that he will let go of whatever he’s harboring in his heart, against me and my family, against Esdon, against Hypermax, and whoever else he’s tried to hurt or defame the past few years. Thanks to the people who have defended me regarding his comments in other threads, but I encourage you to please not respond to his the few inappropriate posts.

I’ll continue to do my best to keep comments deleted when they are inappropriate or off-topic and please, I encourage everyone to make my job, and the job of the moderators easier by not responding to juvenile and/or inappropriate posts so we can deal with them easier.

One other way to help... for registered page users there’s a “report” link in the lower right corner of each post, if it’s inappropriate please click that link and it will let the moderators know. If your not a registered user, just drop me an email (jakemorgan@pulloff.com) and Ill delete it.

Thanks to everyone who has help make this page what it is today!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 03:30PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: I disagree Jake March 28, 2011 02:46PM
I work at the Gordyville Tractor Pull and saw you(Jake) and your Dad walk in in your Pulloff.com jackets. I wanted to say hi and introduce myself but did not want to seem like a creep. Next I am for sure saying hi. Thanks for the use of the great site!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 12:22AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Can of worms (Stock fuels) March 27, 2011 11:53AM
I agree. Variances and/or grandfathering is bad rulemaking.
I heard that when there was controversy about Shagnasty once, Dennis Johnson said "it's either legal or it isn't." I couldn't agree more.

That said, one thing I've advocated both here and on Fonda's board more than once is getting rid of the grandfather clause in NTPA for 2 vehicles- the super farm of Mark Colberg (even though he rarely hooks with NTPA), and the pro stock of John Cespedes. No other tractor in these classes can run LP/propane.

Where I part ways with a lot of people, though, is I think the most logical, reasonable, and best-for-the-sport answer for NTPA is not to ban them.

Rather, for pro stock, super farm, light pro stock (and limited pro stock, though that is basically a dead class for NTPA), I believe simply a tractor should be allowed to run the fuel it came from the factory with. If someone wants to run an oliver, MM, LP John Deere, etc, if it came from the factory that way, let them run it. Variety is a good thing, and this may encourage some innovative people to try something new and let the fans see something a little different.

Most of the arguments go something like this: "Do you want to see the pro stocks become like the super stocks back in the '90s when the alkys started dominating?" My answer is: "Rubbish!". How many PS hooks as Cespedes won? Very few, if any. Colberg has had more success in the SF class, but not so much in recent years. However, they add color and variety to the shows, and if an LP tractor did step up and win a hook occassionally, great.

I have yet to see a logical (re: non-emotional) argument against letting vehicles run the fuel they came from the factory built to run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 12:24AM by Jake Morgan.

Stock fuels... March 27, 2011 02:51PM
Well, since we’ve hijacked this thread and since I was asked, here’s my opinion on the fuel discussion:

As for the stock fuel idea… I’m fine with some classes allowing different fuels, but I’m also fine with some classes being diesel only. I honestly think there is room for all fuels and conversely there are times when one fuel is a much more reasonable choice to keep a level playing field.

Here’s my non-emotional stance on the topic:
In the bigger cubic inch limit classes, MM was about the only manufacture to offer Propane in a “big” motor, they also offered those same motors as diesels. It seems like somewhat of an uneven playing field if only one manufacture has that as an option while noone else does. That same manufacture has plenty of diesel options as well. With such an uneven distribution of propane tractor manufactures it seems like a fair compromise to limit most of those large cube classes to the most common fuel type, diesel.

In the smaller cubic inch classes, gas and propane tractors were more common place. It seems like most manufactures experimented with different fuels and it opens the door to more than one color to run more than one fuel, it seems like a much more “fair” place to allow gas and propane. Even though gas and propane are seldom offered in small tractors today, I think the historical precedent should carry some weight so I’m fine with it in those small cube classes.

The argument for gas or propane in all classes is really no different than arguing that some tractors should be allowed to use front wheel assist since they came from the factory that way. Factory options should obviously be included in discussion of rules, but it shouldn’t dictate rules.

I think logic and statistics will quickly show that propane tractors are in the vast minority. The majority of the classes should cater to the majority of the tractors. At the same time, there should be a few classes that cover that small minority.

As for a front wheel assist class… no thanks
A four valve OHC class… maybe
All classes stock fuel… no thanks

I know some might disagree, but for me it’s a simple numbers game.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Correction of M-M fuel March 28, 2011 02:17PM
John Cespedes M-M G-1000 "Fool's Gold" PS that campaigns OSTPA. Those stock engines also were offered as gasoline by MM. John's is such. It burns high octane reaching gas. I've asked him and that's the answer. 2 or 3 seasons ago, he replaced the big cubed 'grandfather' engine because it was wore out. So the new engine conforms to current cubic inch rules. You can see his tractor on my website, DaveDannPhotos.com, under Tiffin, Ohio each year.

Re: Stock fuels... March 28, 2011 02:34PM
Thanks Dave, I mentioned Propane as well as Gas for the small cube classes but I didn’t realize that I only mentioned propane MM’s for the big cube classes (sorry for temporarily forgetting the gas MM pullers and fans). Thanks for clearing things up.

If you take MM out of the picture, I can't think of too many Gas or Propane tractors much over 300 cubes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Stock fuels... March 28, 2011 05:46PM
the issue of banning lp or gas fired engines was, and is a stupid idea. political grandstanding by hypermax and riverside. i'm sure they would hate to see an older model MM or OLIVER beat their latest high dollar setups. political cohersion at its best. think it don't happen, better think again. if JD and IH had ever offered big cube motors with lp or gas, this would had never been an issue.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,842, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro