Help me with my Farm Stocker July 09, 2011 04:42PM
If a few of you would take the time to read this and give me a hand, it would be appreciated. Been brush pulling an 1175 Case for the past couple of years. This year we're sanctioned with the IPA, so the combo changed a bit. Mine is a 504, heads cleaned up, Crane cam of unknown specs, 4 x .020 injectors, .093 lines, good pump. We can run any turbo, but it has to be slugged to 2.33 inlet. I have an HX52 with a 16 exhaust housing. I know it's tight, but I'm limited to 2550 rpm. First pull two weeks ago tractor ran good, lit at about 1800 rpm, 60 psi boost, didn't get a good look at the pyro. Can't keep up with the $30,000 IH's, but finished middle of the pack, which is what I expect. For this week, I threw more fuel at it, and it was a slug. 45 psi boost, pyro was under 1000. It did clean up good in the middle of the run, but under hard load as the rpm's dropped, she was missing. So I guess I'm drowning it with too much fuel, unless I hurt the turbo, which I'll check in the morning. My question is- How much fuel do you think I can use? I know what my pump will flow, but want some opinions on what this combo should burn. I'm just surprised I can't use what I had it set at. Thanks for the help--

Re: Help me with my Farm Stocker July 10, 2011 01:14AM
your nozzles seem a little small to me. what fuel quantity did you run when it made 60#, then what did you turn it up to? pencil injectors? Ed.

Re: Help me with my Farm Stocker July 10, 2011 02:38AM
The sheet with the pump says 425cc, but the builder said it may flow a bit more if maxxed out, which is what I did. I bought the tractor with the pump on it, so I have no way of telling where it was when I started. The injectors are the later style big ones. Pump adjustment is all I changed from the last pull, so I don't think I have other issues. I'm feeding the pump with a large Aeromotive electric pump at about 40 psi. Thanks for the help, Ed.

Re: Help me with my Farm Stocker July 10, 2011 03:44AM
What is your timing set at? Building that much boost, id think you would be able to stay on top of charger. It seems to be running rather cool though. What is your timing set at? If its running that cool, you may need to back fuel off a few cc's and retard timing some (if its advanced from stock).

Re: Help me with my Farm Stocker July 11, 2011 07:45AM
Timing is at 35, has worked well up till now. I'll back off the fuel, but sure thought it could use this much. With a smaller charger I was running way too hot, advancing the timing helped. Wish I had a sled at home to make some test passes!

Re: Help me with my Farm Stocker July 10, 2011 11:10AM
they have these things called dyno's now a days

Re: Help me with my Farm Stocker July 11, 2011 07:47AM
Yeah, they sure do, "ithinkiknow". Thanks for all the help. The PTO won't handle it, and in case you misread, this is a Farm Stock tractor. Don't quite have the budget to pull the engine and rent dyno time. If I did, I might be a pro puller like you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 07:49AM by toolz.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009