Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 04:18AM
dry block vs water pros and cons
Thinking about building a dry block BBJD 619
?????????

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 04:23AM
There are no cons.

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 04:31AM
Other than not having to deal with the plumbing what are some advantages to it then? Thanks

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 04:44AM
In theory air pockets in your water cooling system cause cracks. If you get any air in your water system the air pockets will allow areas to heat faster then cool (relatively speaking) once the water hits it. Pumps have to drive the system and the plumbing and radiators take up space. This is the theory anyway.

If you go to billet heads there is no need for water. Cast filled heads seem to take the heat and cool slower. But a filled cast head is usually not repairable if something major would happen.

And one more downfall to dry head and blocks is multiple runs. This is probably the hardest on a dry system if not cooled or fresh oil changed out.

For organizations with floating finishes usually not an issue.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 06:10AM by AV.

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 05:31AM
Thanks thanks
Is their any adv to running them to allow or be able to run more water injection to get more steam in then making more torque

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 04:33AM
Go for it, just get your clearances correct. Talk to someone doing the same that knows what works. Things to consider are skirt clearance, ring gap, valve guide clearance, piston coating and run as much oil in your sump as possible.

We would never go back.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 12:22PM
In super farm I run 900cc of fuel not telling what's in the fuel works well with my dry block! Bouncing
For water inj i run 80oz in a pass with the good stuff ill run 100oz

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 07:51AM
have to agree cleans up under hood checked temp 165 after 1 run 190 after second

Re: Dry block vs water April 08, 2014 03:32PM
Do u have to fill the head we have 2 small blocks and have been talking about going dry everyone has told us run them dry its a lot nicer was also told it doesn't have to be filled

Re: Dry block vs water truck April 09, 2014 05:03AM
I have my block filled up to the water pump.. it never gets over at 130 degrees. The Gauge Really Never Moves... If That But I'm not running thermostat

Re: Dry block vs water truck April 09, 2014 05:15PM
It Has Water In It

Re: Dry block vs water April 09, 2014 04:12PM
How are you getting temperature readings off the dry block?

Re: Dry block vs water April 09, 2014 04:57PM
Oil temp

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro