My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 30, 2016 10:02AM
Over the countless post I have read on the page the term “key board puller” has been used many times, or that oh so witty phase “what's the name of your tractor”. I guess the term “key board puller” and “what's the name of your tractor” is intended to say, why should you have an opinion, what do you know. But I also read all the time “how do we grow the sport of tractor pulling.".......

Click here for the rest of the opinion article

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 12:27PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 30, 2016 10:25AM
this is something doug Roberts touched on in the lets grow pulling show,the importance of the "fan".in the world of pulling from a local volunteer fire dept to super nationals there has to be a profit,and "fans" deliver that.like most people I'm a little of both a keyboard puller and also a puller too.if most topics should be only limited to pullers that directly pull in the subjected class,there would be absolutely no need to have message boards........
'

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 30, 2016 10:37AM
Dick Morgan
Over the countless post I have read on the page the term “key board puller” has been used many times. or that oh so witty phase “what's the name of your tractor”. I guess the term “key board puller” and “what's the name of your tractor” is intended to say, why should you have an opinion, what do you know. But I also read all the time “how do we grow the sport of tractor pulling."

Click here for the rest of the opinion article

I agree with your opinion. Very well stated.

These forums are great.

They keep us informed on whats going on.

Most fans have great ideals and opinions. Also, they pay for the tickets:-)
Sometimes you hear something that you disagree with, but that's life.

Pulling is going in a great direction with many organizations (more sponsors, big screen tvs, tv coverage on many networks, instant results, youtube videos, live stream videos from Harrisburg, Pulling Radio Network, Pulloff.com, Midnight Mistress Message Board, Miles Beyond 300, nice pulling sleds that put on a great show, etc.........)

It's definitely a good ideal to keep a ticket buying fan interested and wanting to attend more events.

Pullers like: Todd Feiss, Don Deane, and Bill Voreis are on this board and I've always seen them give very professional / informative answers. But then again, they are professional and nice in person at the pulls.

Keep up the good work Dick:-)

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 31, 2016 03:24AM
Key board pullers are the people who think they should write the rules that I have to pay for, (30.5" tires in Pro Stock)

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 31, 2016 07:28AM
I wasn't aware that key board pullers had a vote any where, or wrote any rules.,,when did that happen??????

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 31, 2016 10:37AM
keyboard pullers take on the tough issues.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 31, 2016 11:12PM
Note, I said "People who think they should write the rules", As far as Larry Richwine goes, He should not write the rules, the rules should be written by the Divisional Committee, then voted on by the full board, that way there is at least some puller input, and because I don't pull PPL or Outlaws, I don't really care how or who writes their rules

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? March 31, 2016 01:14PM
Puller 12000
Key board pullers are the people who think they should write the rules that I have to pay for, (30.5" tires in Pro Stock)

so larry richwine, john mears, kristy chastain, doug roberts are the "keyboard pullers" in your opinion? and nobody says you HAVE to put 30.5's on if they are allowed. just like you dont HAVE to put a sigma put on. you can run a p pump and 24.5's and still be 100 percent legal. u sound like a crybaby.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 01, 2016 02:12AM
Dick, great article! I am guilty of calling them keyboarders, I simply hate it when people don't sign their name, hard to take someone serious, but I see your point. However, I enjoy challenges, discussion, that is how you get better. I continue to gain different insights after reading your articles. Thank you for all that you do for pulling.

My next show Monday April 4th is with Mike Chastain head of Lucas Oil Motorsports and Greg Elsing President of the Badger State Tractor Pullers.

My head keeps screaming fans in the stands, butts in the seats, fans in the stands for these promoters. I am convinced bigger crowds, bigger purse, bigger payout for the pullers, not such a hobby, more sponsors etc. However during the recording of the show with Mike I realized the tremendous need/opportunities of sponsorship from TV, social media. After listening to Mike talk about what Lucas Oil can bring to the table when you look at the entire Lucas Oil Motorsports family.

Lucas Oil is launching Lucas Oil Racing TV Where fans can watch live events, past events on their phones, i pads etc for $60 a year. Pulling associations will be able to show these impressive numbers to the sponsors. These numbers will be better than anything we could ever fit in a grandstand. This money is then passed on to the state associations via end of year points funds etc.

Mike touched on pulling still is the #1 show on MAV TV.

Here is the link to the Pulling Radio Network Soundcloud where you can listen to all past shows of mine Let's grow pulling and all the other great shows.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2016 02:17AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 02:35AM
This biggest problem with the forum on this website is being able to post a comment without having an account. If people had to login and be accountable it would eliminate 70 percent of the BS on here. I can only think of some very rare occasions when this would be needed to solve an issue/problem. I'm a disabled veteran and a firm believer in Freedom of Speech but it needs to be done correctly by logging in and having a username/name/contact info. I'm not perfect but I am very knowledgeable about my profession. When you do try to offer some help on here to someone in need 6 other people who aren't logged in give poor advice and point them in the wrong direction. (In my opinion) Why do you think big name pullers very rarely post anything on here?? Not all posts pertain to everyone but sometimes it is difficult to sort though it so I just move on to the for sale/wanted pages. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if they had to be logged in and have a user name the irrelevant comments would be reduced. This thread is a perfect example, look at the number of logged in posts compared to the non logged in posts.

Andy Evans
Dunlap IA
712--310-2559

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 04:08AM
Andy, I respectfully disagree with your premise. Infact, I actually think there's very little BS on here (I'd love to know what posts you consider BS, as we all have differing opinions on what is actually BS). There are over a dozen moderators who do a great job keeping the BS to a minimum. Sure there are posts I disagree with but as for BS, I don't see too much of that anymore (thanks moderators).

This thread is a prime example of what the page would look like if Login was required (there would only be 3 replies... if that). The number of posts would drop to almost nothing. Other sites have tried to require a Login and it killed them or killed their message boards. It just doesn't work for our motorsport. Pullers are secretive and they seldom want people to know what they are doing, and when they do share they generally don't want anyone to know where the info came from. As I read this thread I don't see any garbage posts by people who aren't logged in. Infact a guy like Puller 12000 has been a frequent contributor to the page, and I may not agree with every post he's ever made (nor him with my posts) but he usually has well thought out opinions.

As for "big name pullers" rarely posting anything, well they do post, but you are correct, seldom under their own names (I see the IP address for their For Sale ads and their anonymous posts). I wish they would, but again, this isn't a very fan friendly sport and most pullers don't know how to market themselves and grow their fanbase (sorry guys and gals but that's a fact) There's a weird stigma associated with Message Boards; I constantly hear pullers and officials tell me that they read the Forum all the time but never post on it, many act like it's the same as admitting they watch Daytime Soap Operas. If a login was required they would simply stop posting all together. I'd rather have big name guys post anonymously than not post at all.

One other sidebar about "big name pullers", they make up a small minority of our sport. For every big name puller on the page there are ten hot farm/hot stock/antique/enhanced/stock pullers. It's simple math, they are outnumbered ten to one. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have "big name pullers" post more often, I actually think it would benefit the puller and our motorsport as a whole (it's like having Open Pits vs Closed Pits, it brings the sport closer to the fans).

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate when people login and post under their own names (I'm always looking to add more features for logged in users to encourage logging in) but I know that no matter what features I add this motorsport can't (won't) support a Login Only page.

There's one guy who gets it more than anyone else... Doug Roberts. Doug knows how to use this page better than anyone else in the sport. He's done a great job sharing information and promoting his organization. He's answered questions, gotten involved in conversations, and shared his personal opinion, as well as the opinion of his organization. He's used the page both logged in as well as anonymously. I think other organizations, pullers, and builders should follow Doug's example. Doug haters, don't misinterpret me, I don't agree with him on everything... (I disagree a fair amount and I've been critical of many of his decisions as well as his timing), but I appreciate that he knows how to market himself and his organization. i also appreciate that when we disagree we don't take it personal and we simply agree to disagree.

Thanks again for the post, even if we don't agree, and thanks for putting your name on it I appreciate it (even if I don't require itGrinning)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 08:06AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 07:58AM
Well said, Jake, hard to disagree with what you said or what this board has done for the awareness of pulling.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 07:59AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 04:26PM
Ya know Jake, if you force me to log in, I won't have a problem with you doing that. As for why I never have logged in, I really don't know why I haven't. My guess is that the others that you mentioned would not have a problem with it either. My opinion is that you would not lose that many posters.

Hope you get to feeling better, my wife has been fighting it on and off for 2 months now.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 08:17AM
Agreed

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 08:43AM
Jake- In this very thread MYSTIC EYE--" keyboard pullers take on the tough issues" That is a prime example of what I consider BS. That is waste of electric ink. What if people had to login, me for example no name appears when you click on my registration, So it can still be secretive without posting a real name. I'm not afraid to stand behind what I say and I wish everone else felt the same way. I agree that Doug Roberts had done great things for Outlaws and himself by doing a wonderful job of explaining himself on here. Stormy/Bob Barbee also has some great posts among others. Jason also mentioned name signing on here and that is why I chimed in. Also related to this post there are others involved in this sport that may not directly fall into the driver or fan category . We can't forget all the vendors/ parts suppliers, promoters, annoucers, people like Jason and Miles who do a great job of spreading the word , track workers, pulling officials. Probably most forgotten are the pullers friends and family, for every pulling vehicle there are lots of people that make that pulling vehicle be able to put on a show. I guess maybe I should consider myself lucky that I can call Terry Blackbourn, Mark Ulmer or Matt Goodwin and ask a question.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 09:12AM
Jake - The 540 sbjd thread is a prime example of the thread that needs some "moderator" attention. The person who started the thread (who was logged in) asked a very good but general question that didn't require him divulging any critical information, like pump or turbo specs. He received some great responses but was also bashed by a person not logged in. I consider that BS.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 09:52AM
You're right, but it just took me a total of 15 seconds to moderate the thread. Pretty simple. Yes a post or two like that does slip past the moderators, we're not perfect but neither would a login system be. After all, anyone can sign up for free Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook accounts and make fake profile after profile and post any garbage they want. The Cons of mandatory login would still greatly out weigh the Pros. I know what history has proven for message boards in our sport and manditory login is a negative, I wish it weren't so but it is.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 09:39AM
The MYSTIC EYE post could be considered somewhat vague, I'm not sure if he was being serious or sarcastic. If he was logged in and wrote the same thing I still wouldn't know his exact tone and it wouldn't have stopped him from writing the exact same thing so nothing would have changed (He's also been fairly regular through the years with numerous posts so the only difference would be that his name was in blue instead of black).

The way I take the MYSTIC EYE post is that people get called Keyboard Pullers when they get involved deeper in the sport than just fans. The deeper they get involved the more likely they are to discuss tough issues. I'm assuming he means that keyboard pullers are "super fans" that dig deeper and care more about the rules than just the average fan. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I interpret his post, and I tend to agree with him if that was his intent so not a waste of electric ink in my opinion.

(We actually got this thread back on track for a minute...)

IH1206PULLER
I'm not afraid to stand behind what I say and I wish everone else felt the same way.
I completely agree and I respect you for feeling that way. Obviously I've taken plenty of flak over the years for some of my Opinions and I'm fine with that. However the world is much bigger than you or I. Some page viewers are regulars and they are here everyday maybe even multiple times a day. Some viewers just pass by every now and then and may have accounts but forget their login half the time (I know some pullers like this). I even have one friend/moderator who's scared to login on his work computer for some crazy reason but he still uses the page on that computer. Some users have one simple question and they might never visit the page again. A prime example of that is when the TV show Junkyard Wars was popular the Executive Producer posted on this page looking for contestants (I doubt he's been back since then, and I doubt he ever would have posted if a Login was required). That's just one example that came to mind but it actually happens all the time. I even know that guys like Larry Richwine have posted anonymously a time or two in the past to share some great information. I feel that everyone deserves equal footing at asking a question or providing a useful comment.

I know there are all types of Forums out there and some even require you to Login before you can even do a search. I don't want to have that type of Forum.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 09:56AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 10:26AM
Jake I took the Mystic Eye response to be sarcastic. I understand that not everybody always has their login info with them when they are using a different electronic devise- I get that. People lose passwords, I have lost mine and thanks for always sending new ones!! -I get that. What I don't get is if Mystic Eye is a regular on here just posting a regular response (not a sensitive/secret tuning answer or question) why can't he be logged in ?? People on here act that way because you allow them too. You should maybe consider the quality over quantity issue on here. There are only so many hours in a day so the less sorting I have to do the more productive time I have to direct towards something else. Thanks for this website it is a great tool but I think I will mostly stick to just scanning the for sale/wanted pages. I do somewhat see your point and it's your point that counts and I also understand that login rules can be a double edged sword. Please feel free to call anytime Jake.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 11:38AM
I'm home sick on the couch and bored out of my mind so I've got plenty of time to respond, so thanks for the great discussion.

As you said, I'm happy to email new passwords. Heck I'm happy to edit usernames or email addresses or do whatever I can to help people login and get their profile setup or corrected.

As for quality over quantity, that's why this page has over a dozen moderators. We simply won't tolerate some posts that appear on other pulling websites (or Facebook... where everybody is logged in and people still post idiotic/moronic/untrue things... Mr. Rogers was not some Marine that was a killing machine and wore a sweater to coverup all the ink on his arms before he had his TV show. Yet even though everyone is logged in people continue to post that idiotic untrue story). I honestly think Facebook is proof that a login doesn't makes a post any better or worse or more or less credible. I think the vast majority of post on this page are quality posts, some more than other and some I agree with more than others. If we did go to a Registered Only Forum I can assure you that the Forum would be dead in a matter of days. The original purpose of this site was free and open information sharing, without that the website wouldn't interest me anymore.

I honestly don't know why people don't login, I just don't get it, it's easy, free, and I don't share login info with any third parties. There are guys like Supertiquer, Stormy, Lewis, Kurt vb, etc... who all choose not to login. Why? No idea. They are some great contributors to the page and I don't want to lose them. If I force them to login are they going to? Is it worth it to findout? Nope. Maybe they can elaborate on why they don't login.

As for reading posts, it only takes a matter of seconds and it's pretty easy to do an internal filter and disregard any post that seems idiotic or pointless regardless of whether they are logged in or not. I don't have any less respect for Supertiquer because his name is in black instead of blue. I'd like to encourage you to continue to post on the Forum, it contributes to a healthier environment instead of making matters worse. Thanks again for making my sick day on the couch go quicker.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 02, 2016 05:48PM
I stay logged in all the time,it sure makes the page easier to use......

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 03, 2016 01:14AM
The words,ideas and thoughts about pulling should matter much more than wanting to know who said,bash or put down any poster.I agree,some are silly,very biased and weird,but,this is a free place to public forum,after all,thanks Jake.It is a great source for my venues to listen,learn,buy sell and enjoy.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 03, 2016 06:22AM
I guess I have to be considered a key board puller because I no longer pull. I never did pull in organized pulling but spent a lot of time pulling farm stock/enhanced stock since the early 80's in Pa. and New York. I will never forget being at my first then called Super stock pull around 1975. I was hooked and have been a fan since then. I have seen East Coast, Interstate, NTPA, NYTPA, Empire State etc.. I was involved in some local pulls and God bless those who are involved in making pulling happen at every level. Thank you !!! So yes I have some opinions and have shared them on this site. I think most people on this site are true to pulling or they wouldn't be on here. We all can't be organized pullers but we do make up a fair share of the seasoned fans. Input /feedback is what grows any business if used correctly.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 04, 2016 01:24AM
I'm Busted just on stupidity I guess, since I can post on Forum not logged in it doesn't occur to me to do so! I'm a creature of Habit!

BB

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 04, 2016 05:41AM
Stormy
I'm Busted just on stupidity I guess, since I can post on Forum not logged in it doesn't occur to me to do so! I'm a creature of Habit!

BB

Bob, I'll give you a thumbs up on that post. lol I felt the same way until Jake put it like he did. So I registered. And I like it. And if you were a registered user, my guess would be that you would like it also. You can see who is on, add buddies and pm registered users.

Re: My Opinion; Keyboard pullers or fans? April 03, 2016 02:23PM
I am now registered.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro