European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 01:29AM
European tractors that make the efforts to get their tractors and teams to Louisville should get an automatic pass to the finals. While I realize that this may seem unfair to the pullers that do qualify for the finals in reality the NFMS pull is not a points event, rather it's a tractor pulling show. Not to take anything away from the winners and all the vehicles that do qualify for the finals but to give those European tractors that made this sacrifice to have the opportunity to hook twice. I am not advocating taking a spot away from anyone that did make the finals, rather my idea is to just add those tractors to the class. The European tractors win, the fans win and the show will add some additional excitement to the finals.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 02:32AM
I think everyone from ky should get in the finals also being how the farm show is in ky

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 07:14AM
I agree Dick. The excitement surrounding these tractors at Gordyville was tremendous and that is with 4000 to 5000 fans imagine when you have 17000 fans like NFMS. They should be treated like exhibition like the days of the Orange Blossom special. I remember a few years back after Carlton Cope "war path" won the GN points he didn't make the finals at Gordyville on Friday night; fans started bringing money to the announcers stand to give to Carlton to make an exhibition pass in the finals on Saturday night. Somethings are unique, entertaining and worth the price of admission.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 07:14AM
Maybe an exhibition hook if they don't earn their way into the finals? A spot in the finals should be earned on the track, not by how far you came for the pull.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 07:33AM
Agree, if they do not qualify for the finals then I think it would be cool to let them hook, but as exibition only.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 08:09AM
Then let them hook exhibition. Agreed.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 08:24AM
If they are JD.IH. MF.or anything we se every night seen one youve seen them all,So no to the exibition But if they are some Off bran let them take turns twice a session

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 09:50AM
Why are they making them hook with the Prostocks and not with the Light Pro's anyways?

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. January 31, 2018 12:25PM
The European guys are way more hospitable to the Americans when we go over there than we are to them. Most can not fathom the amount of planning, preparation & total expense associated with pulling internationally. I would like to think that we could atleast set the standard for hospitality.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 12:38AM
They are component running an intercooler, and a Billet pump, therefore prostock rules, nothing in the rulebook says you have to be 680 cubic inches or run a billet cylinder head, that is your choice

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 01:31AM
Rulebooks hardly apply to NFMS anyhow.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 03:18AM
"NO" do you even know what a pulling unit is !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exhibition would be a gratuity, not a place out of order,have you traveled a far !!!!!! This a people sport,with friendships and competition,not just beat up the other guy.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 02, 2018 12:35PM
The heck with "exhibition", take the normal amount of US tractors to the finals and add the Euro tractors also. That way all our guys have their fair shot at a spot in finals as they usually would, and the boys from across the pond have a legit chance to compete no matter what. If they put a spanking on us, then maybe it's time to learn a thing or two.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 05:05PM
These tractors are 2 of the best Euro Pro Stocks, earning the EuroCup Championship and NTTO Grand National Championship. So, to say they don't deserve a spot at the NFMS is just foolish. I got to meet them before Gordyvillle as the tractors are staying with the Gallitz Family in WI. I could sense they have put a lot of time, sweat, and hard work to get these tractors to,perform the way they do. They are some of the nicest people you will meet and I hope everyone gets a chance to say hi a. They deserve the respect as any other competitor there. They know they will be under cubed and powered compared to,the BBJDs but I hope they can make a respectable pass for,the fans after some bad luck in Gordyvillle. I am all,in,favor of them making an exhibition pass Sat. night at the end of the class. PS usually are last class anyway. It will only add to the 50th anniversary, especially it they get them to light. Best of luck to all Pullers this year!

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 02, 2018 12:28AM
Even if they light and go down the track, they won't make it past 200ft on the same sled setting.....why does anyone get excited about that???? Knife to a gunfight!!

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 02, 2018 06:06PM
How do you know they won't make it past the 200ft?? Have you seen them in real live so that you are able to compare them to the rest of the class they compete in?
The first time two European tractors came to the USA in 1989 one of them was the European Champion in de 7200 modified, Renosaurus. They made only two passes at the Indy Super Pull, one in the 7200 and one in the 9200 modified. They 'competed' against the 8000+hp. tractors like the Branther Bros and Mission Impossible with just a single 1750hp RR Merlin (even worse in the 9200 Modified)!!!. Talking about a knive to a gunfight!!!
And yes, that was way back then, but they had a wonderful time and the audience was exited as if there were heroes on the track!! Both tractors (the other was the Bits 'n Pieces super stock) were invited by the Indy Super Pull by the way.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 16, 2018 08:19PM
211 - sharp knife!
Winking

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 09:08AM
watch gordy on streaming,did these trs even go down the track ??,I remember them needing a tig welder,breaking a cam or crank gear,hooking twice and not moving the sled,another reason ill never go to nfms......

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 01:34AM
One of the dumbest things i have ever read, this is a competition, if you hand out participation trophies Louisville will lose all credibility of a championship pull. If you have enough money to travel here from Europe, then you better bring a machine that can compete if not have fun in the back of the pack.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 06:21AM
There are alot of pullers that have spent decades just hoping to get an invite to Louisville. What did these guys do to earn their invite besides fly in from Europe?

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 06:49AM
all u nay should try the old adage,"GIVE A LITTLE TO GET A LITTLE."

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 07:26AM
Central ia fan, everyone in freedom hall will know there are european tractors competing.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 07:11AM
My question is does Chuck Knapp get a bye at AHOY? Has any other Americans who shipped their tractors overseas gotten a guaranteed number of hooks? I have never been to see the NFMS pull so correct me if I'm wrong, buy I fair to guess at least 75% of the fans in the seats won't even know there are European tractors there competing.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 09:24AM
When the American tractors to to Europe they hook in every session.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 12:23PM
Thanks for clarifying. If they don't make the finals then another exhibition hook would be good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 12:24PM by CentralIAFan.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 09:46AM
Well, reading some of the latest replies and the tone that is used I get the feeling that European tractors are not welcome at all!! All the years American tractors came over to Europe, after that I read what a wonderful time the teams had in Europe every time. But the European tractors that go to the USA
have got to be able to compete, just having fun and a good time amongst other competitors is not important!! And yes, they are both top of their class in Europe by the way!! The only problem is that the rules and limits in Europe and the USA are a little different, especially in the pro stock class. To build a tractor especially to compete in the USA just because you also have the money to travel to the USA as was written by 'no' is the dumbest thing I have read in the replies. Or the best proof that a lot of people haven't got the faintest idea and really don't care what European tractor pulling is all about.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 02, 2018 03:28AM
You better not make comparisons with Ahoy here. Any American guest at Ahoy had the trip paid for by the promoter...
Every European Puller at NFMS had to pay his own way in. Which is ok and if that's their policy, nobody forces you to run at the NFMS.
It's just not a good comparison.

What I would have a look at though, is the future. The sport is growing STRONG in Europe, has cooperate back up and the stands are full. Could be we're stuck in the 80s and it will all turn for worse sooner or later - but financial power is currently (slowly and on a small scale) shifting. Who knows how things are looking ten years from now and since we are not limited by "liberal media's choice" anymore on what is broadcasted where, things could become interesting.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 03:29AM by Sascha.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 02, 2018 01:10PM
Pretty sure I remember seeing the GALOT tractors hooking at least 3 times at ahoy last year..... and that was at the event they also had a a few test hooks before the actual Pull day.

Adam Draudt

www.MADPullingPics.com

or follow us on

or email us at: Email us

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 09:33AM
For the real pulling fan they want to see the Euro tractors run. If they cant make finals let them make an exhibition run with the finals group. If I had the wherewithal to attempt loading a rig and sending it overseas to partake would I want to compete? Hell YES, but if I broke or missed a final would I want to run anyway because I'm over there? HELL YES!

You can bet yer backside any Euro pulling fan would want to see the "American" tractor make a pass whether or not they made a "final". And for all it takes to do what Team Rocky did to get over here I was lucky enough to see them in Gordyville, even if they did have some problems. And I felt sorry for them but they are competitors nonetheless. That said nothing would make my day more than making sure they get a shot to redeem themselves but if they come up short I'd still want to make sure every person in a seat in the house got a chance to see them make a pass live. Exhibition or not.

Wishing Team Rocky best of luck at NFMS.

red712.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 09:57AM
i think everyone wants to see them run. if they are able definitely let them run sat night. Gordyville was not kind to them as far as breakage and i'm sure they would love to put on a show

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 10:56AM
Just curious, did they get fixed after Gordyville, if so where an who helped out?

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 01, 2018 11:47AM
i think an exhibition run is a good idea they came to pull. let them pull what kind of sportsmanship is it if you run them off because they can't hang its not like they are taking anything away from the show just because they run exhibition.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 10, 2018 11:46PM
The reason Rocky en Exterme Temptation broke was that the had to ad 2284 pounds to there tractor to equal it wth the US guys. Here in European Pro Stock is 3500kg/ 7716pound.
There for the pump had to run harder.
So i think it's impressive what they do by "just showing up"
and run with US competition.
If they don't get to the final just let them run some demo runs so the can lurn. And if you don't like that as a US puller please come over to Europe and try it here.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 11, 2018 12:56AM
They broke because they added weight?!! Are you completely serious? That is the weakest excuse I've ever heard.

I have no dog in the fight here, and hope they put on a great show in Louisville.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 11, 2018 01:17AM
If they really did add the 2200 lbs on a track like Gordyville and Louisville, they better have a grandma low gear or they won't stay on top of their big turbos....even the best US pro stocks have a "Louisville" gear!

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 11, 2018 04:42AM
I am glad they came to try their luck and wish them well

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 13, 2018 06:17AM
It's great to see two top notch Euro Pros stateside! Though, I think it would have made more sense to run them with the Light Pros. They are closer to the Light Pros in weight and HP, compared to the Heavy Pros. Plus, NFMS already made the decision to "diversify" the class by including the A-pump boyz. Indoors, I think they could have run them all heads-up and been fine. If they truly needed to be factored, NFMS could have run them at 8,000 lbs. against the rest of the class at 8,500 lbs. (or had them remove their intercooler, keep their Euro-spec 5" turbo limit, etc.).

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 16, 2018 09:03AM
I agree that they should have went in with the light pros, but I don't think they should have to take off the intercooler, that's a massive change, they should have let them as they run in Europe at 7700lb against the 8500lb light pros. That would have been really interesting then.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 13, 2018 06:27AM
Know it sounds stupid at first. If you think about it. A tractor running at the max in competition, than run it much heaver in weight and on a heavy track. Things wil break because your setting the bar higher.

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 17, 2018 08:26AM
Well I guess if you can finish top 3 when you are 170 cubes down with a cast oem head running over 2000lb heavier than normal, you probably deserve to be there!

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 17, 2018 10:11AM
And I told y’all Rocky was a running mofo!! You give them guys the same ingredients as the rest of the clsss & they will make a stew that will burn your eyes!!

Re: European pullers at the NFMS should get a automatic bye to the finals. February 18, 2018 05:44AM
How come he didn’t pull Saturday night?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,790, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member Jason