ESP Meeting April 10, 2018 07:16AM
So what is the final verdict?

Re: ESP Meeting April 11, 2018 02:11AM
From what I’ve gathered billet/recast blocks are not allowed and it appears that hyper blocks are deemed illegal now. From the sounds of things I don’t think they realized that they were voting out the hyper blocks too?

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 12, 2018 10:59AM
I spoke with Henry today and he told me the hyper blocks are legal. If they are not legal I guess Henry doesn't really have the facts not decision. Lol

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 12, 2018 11:46PM
Here is an idea. How about using the keyboard to email/text one of the people listed on the BOD on the website? Or perhaps pick up the phone and dial the #s. Enough pot stirring

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 05:30AM
Sorry for the conflict. I was just trying to tell what I was told. I would think Henry would know. Also I don’t have any of the ESP board numbers. Yes it was my bad I’m sure Henry could have given me a number to someone but as I said. I didn’t realize you had to have delta level clearance to discuss this issue.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 02:18PM
I worked at Ih 10 years as a mech and parts man,to my under standing I would say the Hyper block or even a dt 466 would be a factory replacement for a M farmall go to your Toyota dealer and se if they can order a v8 Titan engine for your 79 Corolla from the parts book

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 01:41AM
Fact 1 :CNH or International did not manufacture the Hyper Block

Fact 2: Hyper Block cannot be both from OEM Dealer

Fact 3 : It was very clear when they voted that Hyper Block was part of the vote

When referring to auto parts, OEM refers to the manufacturer of the original equipment, that is, the parts assembled and installed during the construction of a new vehicle. In contrast, aftermarket parts are those made by companies other than the OEM, which might be installed as replacements after the car comes out of the factory. For example, if Ford used Autolite spark plugs, Exide batteries, Bosch fuel injectors, and Ford's own engine blocks and heads when building a car, then car restorers and collectors consider those to be the OEM parts.[citation needed] Other-brand parts would be considered aftermarket, such as Champion spark plugs, DieHard batteries, Kinsler fuel injectors, and BMP engine blocks and heads. Many auto parts manufacturers sell parts through multiple channels, for example to car makers for installation during new-vehicle construction, to car makers for resale as automaker-branded replacement parts, and through general merchandising supply chains. Any given brand of part can be OE on some vehicle models and aftermarket on others.

Per the PPL rule book

3. Tractors must have stock block, agricultral type block, OEM replacement block.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 09:11AM
[www.empirestatepullers.com]

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 09:33AM
Thanks. Very helpful

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 09:50AM
You forgot the next line in rule 3. No automotive blocks permitted. Now how many red tractors have blocks that came out of a truck or bus. Same with Ford. Or even the few Cummins powered tractors that compete. Is the Hyper block technically leagal? Not at all. But if those that have them are allowed to run them then the billet blocks should also be allowed. If automotive blocks are allowed then so should the billet block. What is the difference between the Hyper block and a billet block? Nothing really. They are both designed stronger and for more reliability. The billet will be repairable is about the only difference. Heaven forbid the Ford guys get a block that will allow them to run as hard as the IH guys. We wouldn’t want a different color in the winners circle on a regular basis. Just sayin

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 10:53AM
I can’t find the hyper block on cnh parts web site? So if there’s no part number does that make them Illegal ? What happens if someone contest a hyper block at a pull? Where does ppl stand on this?

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 11:14AM
Back previousley the IH parts book said refrer to Hypermax .I purchased my block 10 yrs. ago 2008 and it has the raised letters lower right.front just above the pan rail 1814042C1 and on the left side top middle 855-1129-301=D1=08 all in the orignal location just like all the IH blocks. No i didnt put the numbers on the block. Thanks Final Decision Henry Everman

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 12:02PM
Using that casting number would make that an automotive block as it is listed from 1988 to 1993 well after IH ag tractors were no longer being produced. See rule number 3 above

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 13, 2018 01:45PM
5. Any competitor knowingly competing with a performance enhancing equipment verified by a Head Tech Official or refuses to tear engine down at the event will be disqualified for a period of 375 days and including actions discovered by protests, at all Pro Pulling League events nationwide. Suspensions will include driver and vehicle.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 14, 2018 07:14AM
Prior to 2015 the PPL rule book read: under super stock tractors #3 tractors must have stock block. Agricultural type block,OEM replacement block or it's REPLICA . A replica to be considered must retain stock bore spacing and operate with the stock crankshaft for the model without any alteration for chassis mounting. Block can not be altered in any way externally, except for normal repair or for mounting fuel injection pump. Internal webbing and water jacket to remain intact with provisions to re-bore motor block. No automotive blocks permitted. Maximum of 8 cylinders permitted.

2015-2017 PPL rule book Under IV Tractors. Tractors must have stock block, agricultural type block,OEM replacement block.no automotive blocks permitted. Maximum of 8 cylinders.

If your argument is that the hypermax block is a REPLICA and not an OEM replacement then every hypermax block in the country running with the PPL organization after 2014 is considered now illegal who is going to break the news to all.???????

PPL needs to be the one to clarify this rule and the reason for omission or a clarification of replica not the state level organizations and definitely not. the Key board pullers..

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 14, 2018 11:00AM
You could never buy the hyper block from a dealer, and the part number is no longer listed. The hyper block is NOT oem.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 15, 2018 02:02AM
Unfortunately, PPL sucks when it comes to giving a shat about state level. Then it's up to someone with an agenda against someone to make rules and vote on things. Pretty sad really
More accomplished in a 1st grade classroom

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 15, 2018 02:09AM
Well PPL does recognize the hyper block as being legal so I bet u r not going to throw them out. It’s really that simple.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 15, 2018 02:09AM
I couldn't agree more. There needs to clear consistent rules, and leadership that enforces them. However PPL is not alone in this short coming.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 15, 2018 03:54AM
Can You name one rule that is enforced by either major organization ? Besides weight and drawbar not much else gets even looked at

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 15, 2018 01:18PM
You can say that about all organization ,iTS hard to stay onest when you could go another 100 cubes in about any class and get away with it if you had no conscience or worried about breaking a few comandments

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 16, 2018 10:39AM
I thought empire state was PPL sanctioned? Why are they voting on anything??? Shouldn’t they go bye PPL rules?? If they don’t want the organizations rules then start there own organization or join another!! PPL should not let them vary from the rules they print.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 16, 2018 03:38PM
Why not ntpa does it. Their member states change rules to suit them and adopt classes that aren't even and never will be ntpa. I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

Re: ESP Meeting - Final decision April 17, 2018 01:25PM
"Thou shall not bore and stroke"

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520