WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 01, 2018 06:30AM
Called Classic Superstock. It’s clear they are becoming a brush pulling organization. 531 CID, 2.750 in x 3. 250 in turbo, P3000 pump, 18.4x38 tires. OEM block, heads, etc.

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 01, 2018 07:57AM
Where else do you expect NTPA to find new members? Certainly not in the top tier big $$ classes! And remember, they just lost a bunch of members due to the Mid South changing sanctioning bodies.

So NTPA is following suit of PPL, once again. Rather than create something new, just see what the competition has and 'steal' its class (Hot Farm, LLSS, now CSS). In this case, from Full Pull Productions (FPP). Hmmm, I wonder if those pullers had approached NTPA about becoming one of their sanctioned classes? Be interesting to see how far the CSS pullers will travel.

I have seen the FPP "CSS" tractors compete. Same for ECIPA 2Hot2Farm. Not certain what the real difference is between them. Both put on good show.

At this rate, NTPA may as well adopt 2Hot2Farm and a good set of EconoMod rules, too. Likely be the only way they can increase the Mod count.

If so, then we can be back to the early days of NTPA pulling but with today's technological advances in the tractors and sleds.

After all, the only place pulling is growing is in the lower horsepower classes.

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 01, 2018 11:27AM
This was not FPP class , this class was originated in Ohio with COATPA , rick saw at a couple of his Ohio events and combined with one Ohio classes for numbers , in Ohio it’s a great class , very competitive with some real nice strong great looking tractors !

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 01, 2018 12:47PM
Ooops. I knew that history of CSS but never thought of it when I wrote my piece above. Thanks for the reminder.

At any rate, I am glad the class is currently enjoying good success. Hopefully it continues and will see more CSS's built to hopefully properly fulfill the demands of having more events for this class, while not jeopardizing the already existing successful circuits.

With the tractor age requirement of 1975 or before, and with the rather availbility and use of gasoline and propane used in farm tracotrs back then, why not allow this class that fuel option? FPP Rick, would you like to state why your organization allows only diesel fuel powered tractors?

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 02, 2018 03:33AM
COATPA holds a rules meeting each year - just completed two weeks ago. Rule changes are discussed at that time. In fact the rules for sheet metal and fuel pump were addressed and changed. Those changes are forwarded to USA-EAST and are then generally adopted after the meeting of the FPP rules committee.

It seems to work well for NHRA Drag Racing December 02, 2018 10:10AM
new members
Where else do you expect NTPA to find new members? Certainly not in the top tier big $$ classes! And remember, they just lost a bunch of members due to the Mid South changing sanctioning bodies.

So NTPA is following suit of PPL, once again. Rather than create something new, just see what the competition has and 'steal' its class (Hot Farm, LLSS, now CSS). In this case, from Full Pull Productions (FPP). Hmmm, I wonder if those pullers had approached NTPA about becoming one of their sanctioned classes? Be interesting to see how far the CSS pullers will travel.

I have seen the FPP "CSS" tractors compete. Same for ECIPA 2Hot2Farm. Not certain what the real difference is between them. Both put on good show.

At this rate, NTPA may as well adopt 2Hot2Farm and a good set of EconoMod rules, too. Likely be the only way they can increase the Mod count.

If so, then we can be back to the early days of NTPA pulling but with today's technological advances in the tractors and sleds.

After all, the only place pulling is growing is in the lower horsepower classes.

If you go to any NHRA national event, you will have pits full of stock, super stock, etc. that start running early in the day. These competitors faithfully support NHRA and it gives them a venue to run at with a national set of safety rules and some form of insurance that they otherwise might not have. Granted the stock classes are sometimes harder to tech but as time goes on, all classes are hard to tech with the technology that is out there.

Adding these classes is good for event's: entry fees and concession $ale$. It's definitely good for NTPA's membership.

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 01, 2018 02:14PM
Yippee,another 400 series red green show...was called division 5 before classic ss,been a Columbia a county class for close to 20 years now

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 07, 2018 04:28PM
Really surprised that this topic wasn’t more talked about on this page. Is there any interest in Wi or Mn?

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 08, 2018 12:26AM
Someone needs to explain how this works or where this class will be pulled. Last year they talked about a hot farm class, did it start somewhere?

Re: WPI adds another single charger diesel only class. HOW MANY DIESEL ONLY CLASSES DO WE BLOODY NEED? December 08, 2018 12:30AM
That's been discussed on here. HSTPA had 4 events. I know of 1 new Region 2 event claiming they will have the class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520