Coolest truck body not used February 24, 2019 07:30AM
What is the coolest truck body that you have never seen run.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 24, 2019 09:15AM
8 years ago I pulled into a fair and registered my pulling truck. I told them 1973 International. I got a dumb look. I said, yes, you heard me right. I heard the announcer question the existence of an International pickup. Everywhere I went I had people talking to me about it. It was never a high end puller, but it got more attention than your average dodge, chevy or ford!

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 24, 2019 09:26AM
It’d be interesting to see a Hummer body on a FWD. The Gone AWOL truck is always a head turner. I do like Nelson’s old school Chevy TWD as well.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 24, 2019 09:48AM
Chris holdorf's Florida cracker/gator minivan. Can't remember any other minivan's. 4play is pretty sweet also.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 02:02AM
Grubby
Chris holdorf's Florida cracker/gator minivan. Can't remember any other minivan's. 4play is pretty sweet also.

So those are your ideas of the "Coolest truck body not used'? Heres a crazy idea try suggesting a body that has NOT been used instead of listing two that already have [one of which might be the most famous 4 wd ever!]. let me guess your favorite tractor name that nobody ever used is redline fever!

toyota tundra is one of the most amercan made and it would look cool as a 2 wheeler. honda ridgeline might be cool too [its barely a truck but its made in alabama].

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 06:00AM
made in the usa

So those are your ideas of the "Coolest truck body not used'? Heres a crazy idea try suggesting a body that has NOT been used instead of listing two that already have . let me guess your favorite tractor name that nobody ever used is redline fever!

toyota tundra is one of the most amercan made and it would look cool as a 2 wheeler. honda ridgeline might be cool too .

The reason I stated 2 trucks that have already been used is because the only trucks that haven't been used yet are Japanese garbage. Call them "American" all you want, but the money all goes back to Japan and a majority of the parts are out-sourced from other countries as well.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 07:22AM
Grubby the big three are all global companies.

Is a Tundra built in Princeton Indiana more or less "American" as the Rams built in Mexico? I drive a Silverado built in Ft. Wayne myself, and 2 Toyota vans built in Princeton, one with 269,000 miles on it...and I know folks who work or have worked at both plants, making good wages. These "Evil" foreign companies have pumped BILLIONS of dollars into midwestern and southern states...just ask folks in Smyrna, Tennessee or Princeton, Indiana or Maryville, Ohio how "awful" these companies are. Sure, Id love to see more domestic vehicles built here but once again, theyre global....

So....I like the idea of a Tundra, and I nominate the attached, a Brazilian Chevy C10 that looks more like a bumpside Ford more than anything.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 10:34AM
I never said they were evil. Just that they weren't American. And yes they have pumped billions of dollars to make billions more all while skirting by on things like airbag safety and actual fuel economy. And then they don't hire any UAW workers so all those "high paying jobs" are really pennies on the dollar. But I only worked in the automotive industry for a decade, so what do I know anyway.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 01:32PM
Chevy Ford Dodge or any of the American companys couldnt build @#$%& that would get fuel millage and hold up until the japs came around like WOW a chevy Vaga was a great car all of the american companys ended up subbing all there small vehicles out a Studibaker how ever you spell it would be sharp

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 06:29AM
Studebaker has been done. Studley Studebaker and Green Demon were oned by the late Jon Boden. He pulled smfwd with OSTPA. I heard a rumor that Studley might be back out with Jons boy driving it.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 09:54AM
Has anyone ran a "t-bucket" bodied 4wd before? If so, got any pictures?

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 28, 2019 12:31AM
Yep.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 24, 2019 02:39PM
I always thought a Chevy HHR would be a great 2wd body.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 06:34AM
I would like to see a 55 Ford (got a Chevy) as a late style 2wd. Often thought Jeremy could update his ole dodge to a HHR to match up with his father-in-law’s SSR, but

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 27, 2019 11:42AM
Lucky
I would like to see a 55 Ford (got a Chevy) as a late style 2wd. Often thought Jeremy could update his ole dodge to a HHR to match up with his father-in-law’s SSR, but

Can’t beat the look of a 53-55 F100 in my book, with a 55 grille being the best looking of the three.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 07:08AM
With the re-launch of the Ford Bronco in the near future, that’d be a pretty cool look. I’ve seen a diesel suburban at a brush pull a few years ago. Can’t say that I’ve seen too many of those

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 10:18AM
I am really surprised I haven’t seen a 40’s Chevy body used. The 53 -56 ford is another one. 61-71 dodge swept line . There seems to be a lot when I start to think about it. My son thinks I need make one that resembles a early 30’s Bugatti. Got to give him points for creativity.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 25, 2019 06:19PM
Yeah, tbucket 4wd, that'd be great, rain dirt on you worse than a unlimited mod tractor
I think there's a C cab 4x4 running down tenn- ken area or down that way

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 01:41AM
Can't remember his name but there is a t-bucket fwd from Kentucky. I have seen him run with KTPA and TNT.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 03:12AM
OK2NV
Can't remember his name but there is a t-bucket fwd from Kentucky. I have seen him run with KTPA and TNT.

Alan Glass and the T-Rubble truck.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 09:10AM
Strange that the "T-bucket" wasn't full of dirt like the genius above posted.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 05:50AM
Lil Red Express or Midnight Express. Definitely leave the stacks

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 12:57PM
I like that idea.

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 26, 2019 07:10PM
I try to keep my "genius" well hidden, thanks all the same for spotting it!

Re: Coolest truck body not used February 27, 2019 12:53PM
57 T-Bird.
Not a truck body but would be way cool!
John Hileman had a newer T-Bird body. Was it named the Sultan?

Re: Coolest truck body not used March 01, 2019 11:37PM
How about an early Chevy COE truck?

52 Chevy COE

44 Chevy COE

40 Chevy COE

Re: Coolest truck body not used March 02, 2019 07:26AM
I think it's gonna be tough to find a truck body that NOBODY has EVER used as a puller. Are there any Willys pickups pulling? Jeep is coming with a new pickup shortly. Some compact pickups like a Courier or Rabbit would make a decent TWD that not everyone has.

Re: Coolest truck body not used March 03, 2019 02:39AM
There are at least 3 Willy’s trucks right now. Steckler, Barbee, McDonald have one.

Re: Coolest truck body not used March 05, 2019 08:50AM
What about a Subaru Brat?? Lol But seriously a Chevy El Camino would be cool

Re: Coolest truck body not used March 05, 2019 03:24PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is a Chevy El Camino on a 4WD chassis. This was inside the David Palmer Civic Center in Danville, IL just a few years back.

Re: Coolest truck body not used March 06, 2019 02:35AM
There have been several El Comino's in the pulling world. The Baby Blue Knight has been running in OH for many many years. There was a newer style one the ran the NTPA circuit for several years. The last time I saw it Russell Korff ran it, I can't remember the name of the truck right now. I think the one Russell had started out as Ken Lamont's truck out of Illinois.

S'no Farmer

Anyone ever use a Diamond T? March 09, 2019 02:34AM
I like the styling on the '36/'37 Model 80s. Seems like they've got the width for just about anything - 4WD/2WD. Maybe even diesel.

Re: Anyone ever use a Diamond T? March 09, 2019 07:10AM
Andy Deane Don Deane's son ran a 2WD truck with a Diamond - T cab for quite a few years in RN2 and Hoosier State pulling. Don't know what year or model it was. It hasn't been out on the track for 8 or 10 years.

S'no Farmer

Re: Anyone ever use a Diamond T? March 10, 2019 10:14AM
Has anybody used a "HEARSE" ?

Re: Anyone ever use a Diamond T? March 10, 2019 12:16PM
Actually...yes. There are some guys in Ohio or Kentucky (I think?) using a hearse in a 4WD class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,747, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,925.

Our newest member JD_8520