triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 21, 2019 12:19PM
triple bypass wins the unlimited ss ppl class tonight.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 21, 2019 12:52PM
Is it finally enough proof for the ntpa to combine the two classes

Congratulations to the Ross Family September 21, 2019 03:06PM
Thank you Colin and Jody and the rest of the Ross family for going out on a limb and giving this a shot. I spoke with Colin about this at the Farm Show this Winter and I told him that I honestly thought he'd win an Open Super class. I think he expected to be in the mix near the top but I don't know if he honestly believed he could win the class. I also spoke with Vaughn Bauer about this in BG this summer and it just reaffirmed that the two fuels were closer than many people thought. It just shows the improvements that the class and the Ross Family has made over the past few years. The Triple Bypass team has just earned a ton of respect from tons and tons of people in the pulling community!

This should quiet down dome of the naysayers that don't think a combination class could work... (just one example from a few months ago...) the diesels wouldn't be within 50'... or the diesels are 1000hp short of being competitive... How many of you guys are going to get on here and say you were wrong? There might need to be tweaks here and there but this proves that a combo class can be done.

If I were in Mike Witt's shoes at the NFMS I'd bring in six of each fuel and run them together as one class. Take 3 and 3 to the finals, or just take the top four or top six... but make the fuels run together and put on an awesome show with two classes that haven't put on a good show in Louisville for a few years now. Vaughn Bauer will know what would need to be done indoors to make a good show and it would bring back the absolute best rivalry ever in the sport.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2019 03:19PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Congratulations to the Ross Family September 22, 2019 01:07PM
If they want Triple Bypass to go down as a legend, they should hook all the SS open classes next year. They already have 1 or 2(?) diesel points titles. What's 1 more? But if they were the lone diesel in open ss and consistantly placing top 3. To me it'd be Bad Medicine in reverse. (I know there were a few other good running alky's back then)

Re: Congratulations to the Ross Family September 29, 2019 01:32PM
JLinMD
If they want Triple Bypass to go down as a legend, they should hook all the SS open classes next year. They already have 1 or 2(?) diesel points titles. What's 1 more? But if they were the lone diesel in open ss and consistantly placing top 3. To me it'd be Bad Medicine in reverse. (I know there were a few other good running alky's back then)

I doubt the Ross team would do this, but hypothetically if they precommitted PPL Champions Tour and won points (with higher year-end payout than NTPA), yes, that would get attention.

Re: Congratulations to the Ross Family September 29, 2019 03:09PM
What does ppl higher payout have to do with anything? Ross gets my attention every time he hooks to the sled PERIOD!! ppl is not needed to prove ANYTHING!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 21, 2019 12:57PM
Wonder what’s those 2 announcers will have to say about that! Probably won’t be on TV even.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 21, 2019 05:32PM
The Studios wasn’t at Waynesburg, PA so it isn’t going to be on TV.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 21, 2019 01:14PM
I've been hoping Ross' would hook in the open class. They've got that thing running so good I thought they'd have to be close. I know personally, I'd love to see the class combined and root for the diesels. I know the diesel guys can join in anytime now, but if a guy is running for points and his engine has x number of runs before it's done, he's going to focus on his points class.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 12:16AM
Ok, so a diesel super has run with SSO and won 1 time. A few questions about that 1 win. How hard did Triple Bypass have to push it? Can a diesel truly compete for a pulling season and keep it together ? As there is generally enough carnage in a year just in the diesel supers, that carnage most likely would go up in trying to compete a full season in the OSS. Cost complaints to run a diesel has been the story for a few years now and the reason for low numbers in the class to began with.
Yes congrates to Triple Bypass. Now do it for a season and see what happens.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 12:36AM
I heard they ran the same setup they run all summer in the DSS class. As a side note, the DSS class has way more hooks in the summer than the Open class so they've gotten pretty good with regards to reliability against their own fuel type, I don't know how pulling against a different fuel would change their reliability. As for cost, yes cost is a huge issue, but again, cost doesn't change if you run against a different fuel.

I agree, it's only 1 hook, it's not a statistical sample size to crown them the 2020 Open Super Champs (However if Terry B. would have won I don't think anyone would have crowned him the 2020 Champ either). This doesn't mean a Diesel tractor would dominate, it simply means that they can run together and be competitive.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 12:39AM
I guess we can speculate for ever. However the facts remain that a DSS beat some of the best Alcohol SS in the country. Would they or any other DSS win every time, of course not. However it's been proven that they can run together. And the DSS class hooks about 3 times more often than the NTPA OSS hook so I would think that they could run together. Will the NTPA combine the two,of course not. Let's let the OSS die and run the DSS class into the ground. Why would you want to add excitement to the sport.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 01:13AM
With this happening, the light super guys will probably try to ban diesels in their class

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 02:16AM
As long as there 505 or smaller they won’t mine at all.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 06:11AM
Still waiting to hear the driver's say they want a mixed class. We all know it's the Morgan's dream, doesn't mean it's everyone's. Mixed fuel classes are a headache with one side always feeling like they are getting the short end. And then you get to change the rules every year to try and appease everyone

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 09:00AM
Without giving names we have talked to several pullers in both classes that have said that they want to combined the two classes. Of course not everyone feels this way but some realize that for the welfare of their class this will be beneficial.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 24, 2019 01:53PM
NAME THE DIESEL GUYS DICK!!!.....I want to hear it!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 04:40AM
There is no way to know if the DSS's can run with the alky's every hook. No one will ever lay down HP numbers to compare. They all use a different dyno, so even if they did, numbers won't be an accurate comparison. This isn't the first time a diesel super has hooked in the open ss class. Kent Payne did it in Michigan back in 2018 before he was running as hard as he is now and placed 6th. You guys have beat this horse to death.... Congratulations to the Ross family on their win last night!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 05:31AM
Granted ross is the best,but I cant see the rest of the dss class being anywhere near galot.id much rather see galore hook ex in dss all summer to see how that turns out.which ain't gonna happen

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 07:32AM
Blackburn knows, he’s had at least one DSS on his Dyno

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 08:47AM
I don't think 1 gives you much of an answer...

Blackburn knows, he’s had at least one DSS on his Dyno[/quote]

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 08:37AM
Congrats to the Ross family on their win..Theres only about 2-3 DSS tractors that can hook with the top ULSS tractors and even have a chance..One time doesn't prove much.....The top alky's still have 500-1000 horses more than most any DSS..

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 22, 2019 04:36PM
One thing I think should be noted is that Colin did this on a dry looking track, I mean usually that’s where a alky would shine because of the rpms and wheel speed they can get over a diesel, how’s that for size? Also didn’t Edson win a light super hook this year or last year when he hooked the 460?

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 24, 2019 06:52AM
Yes Edson did try to run in the LSS class and that was over 3 years ago. Yes he did win 1 time. But over the season was not able to keep up. Thus you do not see it anymore. Same will happen if a diesel goes to pull OSS for a season.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 24, 2019 11:04AM
I call BS. Diesel supers had more hooks than open supers this year. Advancement in diesel and turbo technology has closed the gap and they are becoming more dependable. Yes, they take more to maintain at that level, but the top diesel supers can compete.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 24, 2019 11:22AM
Ken, calling BS is right. I think it was 2008 or 2009ish. Kevin Lynn drove for Esdon a time or two that year. I think Esdon finished second in points for the season (as everyone knows, second place is just the first loser (Dale Earnhardt, Sr., and Ricky Bobby). That's definitely way off the pace for his only season hooking in the LSS!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 11:03AM
Jake Morgan
Ken, calling BS is right. I think it was 2008 or 2009ish. Kevin Lynn drove for Esdon a time or two that year. I think Esdon finished second in points for the season (as everyone knows, second place is just the first loser (Dale Earnhardt, Sr., and Ricky Bobby). That's definitely way off the pace for his only season hooking in the LSS!

The year was 2010. The tractor had four wins on the season and finished second in the points. I do know that Lynn drove for Esdon at Brandenburg that year. The first night he got into a pulloff with himself (he would later bump with Esdon's tractor) and then on Saturday night the tractor placed fourth.

2009 shows that Lehn had two GN wins with the LSS and 2011 had one GN win and a 5th place finish in the points.

Man, I love the fact that we have sites like pulling-reference.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 12:32PM
Yes facts are nice when you're talking about a totally different class with different rules..... Yes Esdon ran the light class and did well, I'm tired of hearing it..... You know what you haven't seen Esdon do in the last 10 years???.....run the big tractor in the OSS class and gee I wonder why?? Give me the facts on that!! The light class is irrelevant to this matter and as a matter of fact why don't you ask Larry Phillips why he sold his diesel to Mike Happe who then converted it to alcohol......give those facts while you're at it.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 01:25PM
First, neither John or myself brought up the LSS class. We just posted about it because someone was saying that a diesel counldn't keep up with the alcohol tractors in LSS either. They were wrong, plain and simple. A diesel did keep up, and it did very well. Those are the facts. Sorry the facts didn't fit your narrative.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 01:39PM
The FACT is ALOT of technology has developed since Larry ran the diesel !!! That's the facts !!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 10:18AM
You love irrelevant facts
Yes facts are nice when you're talking about a totally different class with different rules..... Yes Esdon ran the light class and did well, I'm tired of hearing it..... You know what you haven't seen Esdon do in the last 10 years???.....run the big tractor in the OSS class and gee I wonder why?? Give me the facts on that!! The light class is irrelevant to this matter and as a matter of fact why don't you ask Larry Phillips why he sold his diesel to Mike Happe who then converted it to alcohol......give those facts while you're at it.

If the light class is irrelevant to this discussion, then why are you bringing up Insanity/Red Menace? The only reason it was brought up in the first place--and not by me--was that it is a class where diesel and alcohol have both pulled against each other.

I don't really care WHY Larry sold the tractor. Perhaps he just didn't like getting his hands as dirty when working on it...

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 24, 2019 01:30PM
I know nothing about nothing and I don't know what I don't know; but, I have enjoyed reading the comments on this thread. It reminds me of when a D2 football team beats a D1 school (App St vs Michigan in football). Yes, it is a huge win to have a D2 school beat a D1 school. It turns into every D2 school scheduling D1 schools and most get beat with some occasionally winning. On the flip side, many D1 schools no longer schedule D2 teams because they do not want to take the chance of their team "getting embarrassed." What most don't realize is the gap between D1 and D2 players began shrinking a number of years ago faster than school administrations wanted to admit, to the point where there is very little difference now with "most" players. I am not saying diesels are D2, because they are not; its just a figurative comparison. Some purests will never give in, or take the chance, or admit there is little to no gap; yet, some cavaliers won't ever take "no" for an answer.

Case in point, here in Illinois, my alma mater (Illinois State) made it to the D2 championship game in 2015, ending with a 13-2 record (got beat by Carson Wentz by 2 pts). Forty-five minutes down the road is University of Illinois, who ended with a 5-7 record that year (two D1 wins, three D2). ISU fans wanted U of I badly and everyone knew ISU would more than likely handle U of I without issue that year...but they never played. The only way to settle it would have been on the gridiron. I think most of us wanted an extra game that year after the championship game. But many of my U of I friends were glad they didn't play admitting U of I would have gotten throttled.

In this issue, we can speculate all we want, but until the diesels run a full schedule, we will truly never know how they stack up. It does, however, make for great conversation when one jumps classes and scores a big win. Would we be having this conversation if they got 2nd or 3rd, more than likely not.

Boy would I ever love to see a Super Stock "shoot-out" so to speak, similar to that of the pro stock event D&R won last weekend. Bring'em in (state, Reg, GN) and see what happens. Oh yeah....prize money; I'll start saving my allowance to help with that.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 01:36PM
mmztu
Would we be having this conversation if they got 2nd or 3rd, more than likely not.
We absolutely would. A 2nd, 3rd, or 4th would still have been a huge accomplishment. Unless they were 100' back (as many naysayers predicted on here in the past) it would have proved that diesels could be competitive. A finish anywhere in the mix at the top proves that diesels can be competitive. The Ross team is also one of the most consistent teams out there. They have a great combination right now, they read the tracks well and they rarely (if ever) miss their setup. The past few years they've made picture perfect pass after picture perfect pass. Guys pretending like this was some sort of fluke flies in the face of all the Ross's recent passes and accomplishments in the DSS class. This was just one in a long series of consistent passes for the RFP team. This isn't a one and done tractor and it's not a hot and cold team. Them winning doesn't change the discussion, it just makes the case a lot stronger for one side of the discussion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 23, 2019 02:01PM
Remember that the best running as Deisel you will ever see!!!!!!

wont Last for a season September 24, 2019 01:38PM
The diesels won’t last for a season running against alkies. Do you all forget the carnage from the beginning of the year when diesels were dropping left and right? Ross and Beck might for a pass or two. I don’t care what Lock n Load did two years ago. A lot of diesel super guys are tired of spending the money to run that hard. Week in and week out for a season they won’t last. Go back and listen to Payne’s interview on Swank. They (GALOT) are not even running at maximum potential yet. Scary thought there. Point being diesels are maxed out for the time being, don’t believe the alkies have yet.

Re: wont Last for a season September 24, 2019 10:46PM
Puller, Do you honestly think anyone is going to tell you or in a interview how hard they are running them or how they are not. This is a competition. Hes not gonna come out and say ya I'm beating the sh** out of this. So you have no idea how hard those diesels or alkys are actually running. Ya there was carnage at the beginning of the year. I believe I herd one of the diesel guys was at home in his driveway running it and it broke after just putting it back together. You aint gonna tell me those diesels cant run with them guys. I believe these diesel guys are starting to slowly but surely figureing out how to push them while keeping them reliable.

Re: wont Last for a season September 25, 2019 06:45AM
And Figure how well that old LSS Considered A&D HD has done the last few years and no one seems to notice the fact its just a 505 Pushrod Engine that has had some good success the past 2 seasons........ HMMM guys really i like to watch that triple bypass too but come on you have to give credit to that HD tractor as well

Re: wont Last for a season September 25, 2019 07:10AM
.....are absolutely certain that HD is only a 505? I would very much doubt it is.

Re: wont Last for a season September 25, 2019 08:50AM
Doubt it all you like Since the Builder and Driver of it told me its a Push Rod LSS engine LOL

Re: wont Last for a season September 25, 2019 09:01AM
Terry told me last season when inquiring about parts that it's a 5.35" stroke with a 4.875" bore, definitely not a 505 ci motor. It's a 598 motor in that thing, it may run the same head, etc as the LSS, but the ci is bigger.

Re: wont Last for a season September 26, 2019 06:19AM
Huh.....imagine that! It's bigger than a 505! Because otherwise you'd have to wonder why every other LSS at 505 alky wasn't running with the heavy class......

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 07:37AM
News flash Diesel Supers are running on kill and have been!!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 04:06PM
The diesel ss are going to be at an even bigger disadvantage at the nfms. Dss will have to run an indoor pipe that creates back pressure and hurts the exhaust pressure which in turn hurts boost pressure and HP. These classes should have remained separate. People with no skin in the game are pushing for changes they don't know about.
PS. Watch the OSS advance the timing and tighten the boost relief valve and the show will be over for the DSS.

Re: Logic about combining SS classes September 29, 2019 01:47PM
See other thread. Don't want to get this one any more off topic.

Edited 16 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2019 11:13PM by The Original Michael.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 01:18AM
The proof that the DSS tractors could run with the OSS tractors is the sled settings...Are there any sled owners on here that can say in 2019 that their sled was constantly set the same for both classes?

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 01:36AM
They will not compete, maybe here and there but on a consistent level they will not be competitive........by the way, everyone thinks they should be combined because of numbers , but why. Look at the schedule last season, Diesels had way more hooks than the alcohols......common sense tells me what people want to see more of and that is the Diesel class.....not the alcohols and not a combined class. They were split for a reason, let it that way! I don't care what you say about the past and where the diesels are now compared to then because the fact of the matter is if they were to combine do you actually think Earl and Brent are just going to sit around and let it happen??? NO!!!!!.......they will spend more and make more advancements

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 01:43AM
That,s what needs to happen. Run the classes back to back at pulls with the same sled settings and compare footage's. See how it all plays out. Or combine them and run them together, but separate the points for each fuel.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 02:47AM
Can 504 cbi alcohol run pound for pound with diesel super stock?

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 08:32AM
I believe Witt's Mr Yuk is a 505 and he won Enderle in 2017 and took 2nd in 2018. If he can keep up with the opens, I would think he can keep up with the diesels.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 10:06AM
Those were RN hooks at the Enderle, not the GN OSS class.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 12:38PM
Perfect example right there, the 505 ci alky beat a 540 ci diesel (phieffer) super....not by much but still did. So what is a 600 plus cubic inch four charger alky with unlimited money going to do??

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 08:09AM
Pfeiffer's is a 436

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 12:44PM
Another thing to consider is you Alky fans are acting like everyone runs like Well’s or Chizek’s tractors. That’s simply not the true, there’s just as much difference between them as there is in the diesel class.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 01:25PM
Here is the truth about this. Before Waynesburg we did two test runs at our shop with colin ross. Just to check out after pump issues at the last event. This year other than a cracked barrel in the pump, it needed two pistons and a sleeve. All year. Thats it. I operated the sled during testing and knew then that they would do very well. Are they all close, yes. Did they have a really good run at Waynesburg and good spot in the class, yes. They are very close in hp to the alky tractors ( i was driving one of them there at the pull in this class). As for the breakage, its a crap shoot sometimes. They all break. Some years are better than others. They have had a very good season and hard work and the drive to do it perfect is what keeps them up front. The ones that win will always be in the front and those that don’t will be towards the bottom. It will not matter if they combine the classes beyond the NFMS. Those that run hard will be at the top and be both diesel and alky fueled.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 10:33PM
My mistake, I forgot they run the regional winners on Friday night.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 09:10AM
Cut the cubes and turbo and pump sizes back to a reasonable and sustainable size so they last more then 3 or 4 passes and maybe more would have a interest in the ss classes. ( I mean both of them )

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 01:27PM
G-1000 MM
The proof that the DSS tractors could run with the OSS tractors is the sled settings...Are there any sled owners on here that can say in 2019 that their sled was constantly set the same for both classes?
Yes, I have talked with a sled owner/builder/operator. I wrote about it quickly on this very thread (http://www.pulloff.com/phorum/read.php?2,281165,281171#msg-281171). I won't get into specifics of what was said, but it definitely reaffirmed to me that they can run together. Is a diesel going to win every time? No. Is an alcohol going to win every time? No. That's not the point. The point is to get them competitive with each other... as close to 50/50 as possible. It can be done.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 01:52PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 25, 2019 02:55PM
"To get them close to each other, as competitive as possible". The only way that can happen is by limiting one or the other in some way. And then every year your changing the rules to try and keep up with the advancements in equipment. And one side will never be satisfied.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 03:46AM
Grubby
"To get them close to each other, as competitive as possible". The only way that can happen is by limiting one or the other in some way. And then every year your changing the rules to try and keep up with the advancements in equipment. And one side will never be satisfied.

It's called balance of performance and just about every motorsport has to do it. NHRA has to make tweeks for pro mods and top alcohol dragster who have different fuels and power adders running in the same class. Sports Cars have to balance different technology. It's not that big of a deal for pulling to do it. The key is having non biased decision makers and finding a way to make the tweeks without having to completely rebuild your tractor each year. I'm not an expert just a fan but to me that means you'd either have to have weight adjustments or use restrictor plates.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 04:39AM
Combining the two classes will help the show tremendously! There is nothing better to get the crowd into the show than smoke vrs alcohol!!!

If you combine the two classes right now as is you put the diesel tractors at a major disadvantage!

Yes a diesel win every now and again.

Diesel supers are running on absolute kill! They will never make the entire season without major breakage. Any teams that want to compete for a championship will have to switch to alcohol!

I would guess the cost per pass of a diesel super that runs good enough to compete is double of cost per pass in a competitive alcohol tractor.

The amount of maintenance it takes to run a competitive diesel super is incredibly time consuming compared to an alcohol tractor! Not taking anything away from an alcohol super as it's not easy either.

Diesel supers can not run traction control.

My thoughts are that you need to back off the diesel tractors to get them to live longer. But then you also need to back the alcohol tractors down with them so they are on the same playing field. I feel this could grow the class!

Not saying I have all the answers. Just my opion!
Beer

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 06:54AM
You act like the alky’s don’t break. Ask Brent Payne how many blocks they went through a couple years back when John won the first of 3 in a row.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 07:18AM
Sorry I didn't mean it that way! Yes alcohol supers are a lot of work and can break.

Every truck and tractor in this sport takes more time and money than the average fan can ever comprehend!

My point is to get a diesel super to run competitive with an alcohol you have to push it so hard that it is completely unreliable. If we could some how put in place some limits to get them reliable. To reduce the cost per pass and maintenance per pass. Then I think you could grow the class.

Possibly get more built. And get back to large numbers for the super stocks!
Beer

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 07:21AM
Well, if it's true that the Ross family ran the same setup at Waynesburg that they ran for the 17(I think) DSS hooks for the GN circuit, I'd say it's pretty reliable.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 26, 2019 08:28AM
They probably worked on it a lot more than you think, also if you combine classes everyone will switch to alcohol except for a few thus killing off super stock diesel for good , some may not care but in my opinion that is the best class to watch in pulling .

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 04:58AM
If combined a combined fuel class will help the show so much, how come the llss class isn't GN? Still waiting to hear the pullers say they want a combined class. Even though they can already run together if they want....

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 07:36AM
Grubby
how come the llss class isn't GN?

If LLSS becomes a GN class before Light or Limited Pro Stock, I will quit following the NTPA

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 08:21AM
The reason that this might possibly happen would be various colors represented, the light pro an limited pros are awesome to watch an i personally like them, but its still a red an green show with an occasional blue tractor, i think what their lookin for ( the powers to be ) is variations of equipment, just my thoughts !!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 08:54AM
Can someone please explain to me, how at some point the LLSS class winds up in almost every post? The original post was about a DSS winning the PPL Unlimited SS class. Just wondering.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 09:09AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 09:14AM
I can't answer that one Dick, apparently its a great class an ruffles somes feathers !!!! Dont know why but it does, hard for some to get use to the idea that its one of if not the most popular class, some just dont like that, but everytime its brought up, just gives it another boost !!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 09:46AM
Richwine kinds hinted at the idea lastnight in Georgetown, Ohio that LLSS might move up !!!! Not sure exactly what he implied but makes a person think !!!

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 27, 2019 10:44AM
It was proposed for it to be a Regional National class for 2020

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: triple bypass wins ppl unlimited ss class tonight September 28, 2019 05:20AM
There are various AC’s, couple NH’s and a Case. How much more variety you need?

Re: Same reason September 27, 2019 10:48PM
Grubby
If combined a combined fuel class will help the show so much, how come the llss class isn't GN? .

The LLSS class isn't a GN (or Champions Tour) class for the same reason limited mini rods, hot farm, or super stock and pro stock FWD (the gas/alcohol/whatever fuel they run version, not talking about diesel trucks) are not GN classes.

Re: Same reason September 28, 2019 01:59AM
LLSS has made pulling great again .why not National or Grand National the numbers in the class speek for itself along with the number of bookings for the class and the growing popularity .Or does a class to be National or Gran have to only have 10 to 12 tractors to be split and run across the whole US the same old bunch year after year dont fill the seats you can miss any of these big pull 5 years straight then go back and you aint missed nothing just flip on UTUBE same old same old

Re: My Thoughts September 28, 2019 04:10AM
I agree with "The Original Michael", it's not a GN class. Regional class sounds more like it. The problem you will see is there isn't enough tractors to support a GN and local organizations. Say you have 16 tractors pulling now and 50% go GN, you just cut your class to 8 tractors. After breakage in middle of season you will be even less. Just my Thoughts.

Re: Same reason September 28, 2019 04:21AM
Lewis Conner
LLSS has made pulling great again .why not National or Grand National the numbers in the class speek for itself along with the number of bookings for the class and the growing popularity .Or does a class to be National or Gran have to only have 10 to 12 tractors to be split and run across the whole US the same old bunch year after year dont fill the seats you can miss any of these big pull 5 years straight then go back and you aint missed nothing just flip on UTUBE same old same old

So what makes a class national or grand national?
Is tractor pulling about "Pulling the most weight" or "filling the seats"
Why is 50 tractors is one class better than 5 tractors in 10 classes?
How does LLSS get all new pullers every year? or is it the same guys year after year?

Re: Same reason September 28, 2019 12:02PM
Tractor pulling better be about filling the seats empty seats equel 0 pulls

Re: Same reason September 30, 2019 03:46AM
How many seats were filled at the very first tractor pull?
If what you are saying is right , NTPA needs to buy some tractors and hire some actors to drive them.
That way they can script the entire event give the spectators exactly what they want.

Re: Same reason September 30, 2019 12:51PM
Buddy times are changing interest in pulling is dying every class is over priced and theres know interest in County fairs more and more County fairs quitting every year .I can name ten in just the past couple years thats closed the gates PULLING thrived in the 80S because of all the familly farms scattered across the country neighbor against neighbor thats know more Local classes has been cut out everywere .Anyone who thinks the old county only FARM classes didnt put a lot of asses in the stands are crazy and in the process got a lot of farm boys thats pulling now started

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2019 01:51PM by Lewis Conner.

Re: Same reason October 01, 2019 02:38AM
Over 1000 pulls a year in this country, but the sport is dying?

Re: Same reason September 29, 2019 08:22AM
To "what is grand national", I agree that we need to fill the seats. However, class numbers do play a big part on the show. I will agree that you don't need a class of 50. However, 10 classes of 5 is equally as bad. When you go to an event 8-14 in a class seams to put on the best show. Just my opinion.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason