Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 12:23PM
We really need to try to expand the fan base in pulling. We need to improve the fan experience for these major national pulls especially. We will never be nhra or nascar. One thing both of those do is have more going on besides the race. For one all pits need to be open to have better contact with the pullers. Another thing is possibly a fan zone with entertainment. Stuff for the kids to do. Make it a experience other than just watching a pull. I realize this will not work for smaller pulls but there are things that can make those better like vip areas. Djs playing music and keeping the fans interested. We need to get better to pull in the fans. As pullers we need to realize the fans are paying to see us. We need to be accessible. Show some emotion. Have fun. We need to try to connect with the non farming fans. That's how we will put butts in the seats. The seats filled the more successful everyone will be.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 01:13PM
Ask Don Slama about having a "kid zone" lol.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 17, 2021 04:25AM
Logan Thomas
Ask Don Slama about having a "kid zone" lol.

Now this sounds like an interesting story... LOL

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 02:26PM
dsreed68
We really need to try to expand the fan base in pulling. We need to improve the fan experience for these major national pulls especially. We will never be nhra or nascar. One thing both of those do is have more going on besides the race. For one all pits need to be open to have better contact with the pullers. Another thing is possibly a fan zone with entertainment. Stuff for the kids to do. Make it a experience other than just watching a pull. I realize this will not work for smaller pulls but there are things that can make those better like vip areas. Djs playing music and keeping the fans interested. We need to get better to pull in the fans. As pullers we need to realize the fans are paying to see us. We need to be accessible. Show some emotion. Have fun. We need to try to connect with the non farming fans. That's how we will put butts in the seats. The seats filled the more successful everyone will be.

Maybe like the 1980s and 1990s TNT and SRO shows with Grave Digger and Bigfoot added to the shows.

1979 to 1989 TNT video June 14, 2021 02:32PM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 02:38PM
dsreed68

Ok now I am going to say this. If that's what you think that needs to be done then promote a major national pull on yourself.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 02:49PM
dsreed68

1990 video
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 03:03PM
I agree it needs something todays pulling is nothing like the 80s and90s to many cookie cutter cracker box stuff out there

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 14, 2021 06:29PM
The LAST thing a tractor pull needs is a dj blasting music at an already noisy pull! I get annoyed when announcers feel they have to talk every idle minute between runs. A little silence from time to time is a good thing in my view. And besides, there's a sizeable portion of young ones that are playing on their phones all night and not even watching the pull

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 12:02AM
I agree that pulling doesn't need a side show to make it work. What it does need is to make the show better. Start on time, run the vehicles down the track every 3 minutes or less, good announcing, open pits, good concessions, get the vehicles on and off the track quickly, good seating, good lighting. It's pretty basic really. What doesn't work is when the pull is low on vehicles and the promoter drags out the show, no matter what you still have limited vehicles. You just made a bad show worse. But I believe that the number one thing is that the competition director needs to take charge of the show, not the pullers, not the sled operator, not the promoter, the competition director. And if he/she can not do it get some one else.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 12:44AM
Agreed. The quality of the show is the most important thing. Professional, organized. Announcers with the mindset of a teacher, but can also make it fun.

Here's the biggest change I would like to see. Put your best classes on earlier. Here in Nebraska, it's not uncommon to see starter classes run for two hours, then a middle tier class and then the big boys eventually get out there after 50-75% of the fans have left.

Why should the best in the show only be seen by the diehard fans, friends of the pullers and drunks in the beer garden?

Sick of this conversation! June 14, 2021 07:57PM
Pulling will never be more than it is. The demographic of America has changed drastically. The family farm for all intents and purposes is a thing of the past. Pulling is far from dead don’t misunderstand what I’m saying, but it’s not special anymore. Here in Ohio from now until end of September you can most likely find a pull 5-7 days a week at some level. The market is over saturated with various types and organizations. Sled settings have changed that your average fan will not know the difference between a pro farm, hot farm, or super farm. They blow black smoke and still go pretty fast. People on this board might argue that, but you’re not on this board because you are an average fan. I agree with the premise that it needs to be more entertaining. The MAVTV show was an excellent show and a step in the right direction. I would encourage you, if you’re as passionate as you come across to get involved with your local promoter and start pitching your ideas. More man power is what all these promoters need. Just ask them.

Re: Sick of this conversation! June 15, 2021 02:30AM
I agree with Ohio guy as an Ohio guy. You can’t force it to grow but we better try and save what we have I’ve been to 2 pulls this year the one in Urbana only had a small crowd that was mostly young kids backed up to the wall in there trucks I don’t know how they could have even paid the bills at that one but I was at glenford Saturday and it was packed full but that’s a different demographic
The only way you’re gonna get kids interested is for them to be in the seat
Keeping the show going is a big deal I don’t care if you’re a puller or a fan a lot of down time leaves a mark and might stop someone from returning next time
Sled maintenance would help a lot I know anything can break at anytime but maybe looking things over between pulls could prevent breakage at a pull which is what usually drags things out

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 02:49AM
I think a big part of the future of this sport is Pick-ups. As people have mentioned, there aren't many farm kids anymore, and of the few that are around, there's a good number of them that don't care about old tractors or pulling. But there are so many diesel pick-ups running around, that they are relatable for people. I was given the idea to run pick-ups vs tractors in a few classes and I hope that grows into a class that helps our sport on both fronts.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 05:58AM
I often thought that 2WD diesels would be interesting to see, no complicated drive train, no hopping and jumping, just stand the front end up and see the black smoke roll out! But there are to many classes now, just an idle thought

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 06:22AM
rdl1953
I often thought that 2WD diesels would be interesting to see, no complicated drive train, no hopping and jumping, just stand the front end up and see the black smoke roll out! But there are to many classes now, just an idle thought

Love this idea!!!

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 07:30AM
I know this will really get things stirred up but have to say it anyway. The average fan doesn’t care whether or not it’s NTPA, PPL, Outlaws, etc....(It’s a tractor pull). They don’t know the difference between Lt Pro and Pro Stocks (they’re tractors that smoke), and on and on. I remember in the 80’s (referencing Kevin’s YouTube clips) when there would be Celebrity autograph sessions, daredevil acts (the name Spanky Spangler sticks in my head), monster truck exhibition, and the like. Yes, it does take $$ to bring those in for the show, but the saying is always true - to make money, you have to spend money.

Ideas?? I would try something at a lower (and cheaper) level of bringing a local, well-known band in for an hour long concert before or after the show - depending on day/time of the pull. Go to your area FFA organizations and give a number of tickets to the instructors to give out FREE to students - maybe even a BOGO ticket, be creative (ask them to help with the show - pull off tractors?). How about inviting local first responders/law enforcement/etc. for an appreciation night . What about a car show during the day on the grounds? - food vendors sound like being there for a whole day, I’m sure.

These are ideas that get someone(s) who wouldn’t normally consider going to a pull to come - and it’ll bring friends and/or family with them. Go ahead and blast holes through these ideas, but I’ve seen things like this work.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 08:07AM
What time were the PPL pulls finished at Benson, Ft, Recovery, and Farley? What about the NTPA TN pull and Sauk Rapids?

My point being- one aspect that is really helpful is moving the show along and getting it finished timely. Last year, I went to a PPL hook at Greentown, IN. Lots of iron, but it felt like PPL could have had the next vehicle ready to hook to the sled quicker.

It's all well and good to have large classes. I love large classes. However, I also love having the next tractor/truck crank the motor(s) when the sled arrives back at the starting line or even while the sled is on the way back... not a couple minutes later. Keep in mind, if you have 60 vehicles at a pull, if each puller is a little slow in getting ready by one minute, that alone adds an hour to the show, not counting sled changes, breakage, interviews, etc.

Sometimes weather happens, and the sled breaks. However, the days of pulling til 2 am should be over, unless there is a weather delay, sled breakage, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2021 08:08AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 10:20AM
Cmon Michael the ntpa tn show had 34 entries each session. The light pro’s at the fort were close to that alone

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 11:09AM
The 34 entries in TN took 3 and a half hours to run vs 125 entries at the Fort took around 5 hours.

Sauk ran one track both nights with roughly 55 hooks each night. Took Roughly 3 and a half to 4 hours both nights. Farley on Friday night would have been done in 5 if it wasn't for a broken sled and that was with 120 hooks.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 01:00PM
I think with this discussion the one thing almost everyone is talking about is improving times between hooks. And is show says starts at 7 the first vehicle needs to hook at 7. These 2 things should be easy to fix. I have helped with some very well run pulls and we had people getting vehicles to the line ahead of time.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 16, 2021 11:36AM
Y’all can say what you want to about who has quicker hook times but the GALOT pull was the WORST run year ever at his pull I was able to time 5-6 mins between the end of the first pull and the next guy getting hooked to the sled! It was way too long and many people simply had to leave and you saw that there were few people in the stands that could stay for the normally exciting light pro class because it was so late. In years past the GALOT pull was over by no later than 11 and had more entries and better competition when NTPA ran it. Disappointing to see a great pull at an even better facility go downhill like this

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 16, 2021 02:16PM
Trust me we I tell you “Puller” NYPA verses PPL had nothing to do with time between tractors. It was the exact same track crew then as it was this year. Friday night there was an approximate 4 minutes between hooks and I agree, that was too much. We discussed that issue Saturday and the Saturday show had about a two and a half minute turn around. I myself think that was a great adjustment and it had nothing to do with either organization. All I have heard from people have been positive remarks. Some even said that it was the best show we have ever had. Now you sir might not agree with that but let me tell you what I, manager of Galot observed. The PPL show was very professional and it looked professional. It was very organized behind the scenes. PPL brought in at least 12 people to help with the event where as NTPA might have 3 if you are lucky. I feel that we got our monies worth with the sanctioning fees in stead of when NTPA leaves... you feel like you have just been screwed out of hard earned money that they did absolutely nothing for.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 16, 2021 02:25PM
Oh yes... by the way “puller”. We had the biggest crowd ever thanks to PPL helping with promoting. That is something else that NTPA never did.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 08:20PM
What class do you pull Micheal? I don't believe you have a concept that these machines just can't sit there and idle all night.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 19, 2021 02:46AM
Just Saying
What class do you pull Micheal? I don't believe you have a concept that these machines just can't sit there and idle all night.

Kind of a silly statement there. Reminds me of politicians who use flawed either/or analogies. Who said anything about idling all night?

A tractor/truck can be started and ready to pull onto the track when the sled gets back to the starting line, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2021 02:47AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 19, 2021 07:55AM
Don't like the way the pullers put on a show for you I suggest you don't go. There's a lot that goes on you don't realize for instance you get hooked to the sled and the box scraper and packer make 4 more passes. Don't blame the pullers for protecting their investment go buy a hot dog during the break.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 10:36AM
What time were the PPL pulls finished at Benson, Ft, Recovery, and Farley? What about the NTPA TN pull and Sauk Rapids?

My point being- one aspect that is really helpful is moving the show along and getting it finished timely. Last year, I went to a PPL hook at Greentown, IN. Lots of iron, but it felt like PPL could have had the next vehicle ready to hook to the sled quicker.

It's all well and good to have large classes. I love large classes. However, I also love having the next tractor/truck crank the motor(s) when the sled arrives back at the starting line or even while the sled is on the way back... not a couple minutes later. Keep in mind, if you have 60 vehicles at a pull, if each puller is a little slow in getting ready by one minute, that alone adds an hour to the show, not counting sled changes, breakage, interviews, etc.

Sometimes weather happens, and the sled breaks. However, the days of pulling til 2 am should be over, unless there is a weather delay, sled breakage, etc.

No one can argue that hook times should be improved. You can improve hook times in many, many ways no matter who puts the pull on. Comparisons however should be limited to events that are similar.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 15, 2021 01:52PM
IVE said it befor there needs to be some stock classes for the locals in the 80s and 90s that was a big thing that put a lot of people in the stands and sparked interest in a lot of you guys that are pulling now

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 16, 2021 01:06PM
Why not tell everyone how much weight is in the sled for each class? Better yet, put a force gauge on the hook and display on a large TV screen the load each class is pulling. Then fans might have a better appreciation for the power these vehicles have. The way it is currently, it just smoke and noise.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 17, 2021 12:02PM
Lewis has a point. I don’t think it would hurt to have a local class run after the sanctioned classes have finished. I know many local brush pullers would have their local fans, family, and friends attend that normally wouldn’t. 3 sanctioned classes - 1 local class. Not everybody wants to just see the big iron and not everybody wants to see the local “brush” class. But, you capture them both in one ticket sale.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 02:24AM
Stock classes is exactly what a GN/SN pull does NOT need! You can watch that equipment at a brush pull!!

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 02:42AM
Who said anything about a GN/SN Pull? I said after sanctioned classes. It can be RN or Silver Series, etc. - basically, your county fair level pulls. I’m not talking seeing pro street trucks at Bowling Green.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 03:30AM
The average Joe or Jane doesn't even know what a tractor pull is when you mention it to them let alone knows someone who pulls there stock truck. So I highly doubt that is going to take the sport to the "next" level. Sounds like going backwards to me.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 04:53AM
I think there are several flaws in having stock tractor's pull after/during/before a sanctioned event. Most shows are already to long to start with and I'm not sure what the interest level would be. I know that there are people who post on this page that believe stock pulling will help bring more fans and help build up a new fan base. I just don't happen to be one that thinks stock pulling will help. Granted there is a place for stock pulling just not a a event that has high powered vehicle's. Trying to bring back 1970 is not possible.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 06:26AM
Dick Morgan
I think there are several flaws in having stock tractor's pull after/during/before a sanctioned event. Most shows are already to long to start with and I'm not sure what the interest level would be. I know that there are people who post on this page that believe stock pulling will help bring more fans and help build up a new fan base. I just don't happen to be one that thinks stock pulling will help. Granted there is a place for stock pulling just not a a event that has high powered vehicle's. Trying to bring back 1970 is not possible.

LOL....I'm one of those who happen to like "stock as you can get, (and police)", tractor pulls and I agree, with you Dick, that those who like the high powered stuff , don't want to see stock stuff at those events, whether a stock class is mixed in with high powered stuff or ran after the main classes.
I'd say there's a small group out there, like myself, that like ONLY stock stuff .

For what it's worth, and I'm probably an odd duck, but one of the reasons I've quit going to pro / super stock pulls and the like years ago, was the truck AND tractor classes were mixed and both run on the same night, over a two night event.
Example : On a fri. event there might have been a two and 4wd truck class and a pro stock tractor class and maybe a semi class, the next day there would be a truck class, a diesel super stock tractor class and maybe a mini or modified tractor class. Well, and this is just my opinion, but i was only interested in the farm type smokers like pro and super stocks and if I wanted to see ALL of those classes , I had to go both nights and pay for tickets for both nights, and sit through a bunch of classes that I had no interest in at all......again , just my $.02 . ALL the diesel classes needed to be run on the same night, but they hardly ever were, and still aren't , but that's what needed to happen to keep me coming back. I'm as diehard a fan as I think anyone can be, and I have no trouble dropping my money down to see a pull, no matter the cost of a ticket, but not if there's only one or two classed out of four or five classes that I'm interested in.
I in no way have any answers or opinions as to how to grow the sport , especially when it involves the kind of vehicles and the cost to get into ANY class now a days.
I'm just a "spectator" , even though I could probably afford to get into it on some level.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2021 06:36AM by JDpowershift.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 07:37AM
The other side of that argument is that it has been shown to be a draw for competitors to travel if they can go somewhere and get 2 hooks. It helps justify the time and expense to make the trip.

CP

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 16, 2021 10:08AM
Open pits and let people mingle and ask questions like NHRA.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 16, 2021 02:31PM
99% of pulls already allow this.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 17, 2021 01:31AM
I have been to a LOT of pulls over the years both as a spectator and as a competitor and don't ever recall a close pit area, some you had to pay extra to get into the pits but never closed.

S'no Farmer

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 17, 2021 12:38PM
I've seen lots of closed pits over the last 35 years. This won't be popular and I won't apologize for saying it but $10 pit passes are not feasible. Family of 3-5 going to a pull are NOT going to by passes. With the cost fair food, parking, and grandstand entry and whatever else it's just not going to happen.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 17, 2021 04:16PM
F-30puller
I've seen lots of closed pits over the last 35 years. This won't be popular and I won't apologize for saying it but $10 pit passes are not feasible. Family of 3-5 going to a pull are NOT going to by passes. With the cost fair food, parking, and grandstand entry and whatever else it's just not going to happen.

Lenny, I totally get what you are saying. And as a competitor, I shouldn't have to be concerned about some one standing behind my tractor when I am unloading it out of our trailer either. I am sure you know what I am getting at.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 17, 2021 11:02PM
Yup, the general public are oblivious. I drive a truck for a living....

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 04:58AM
If you really want to get a feel for the health of the sport go back and watch older videos especially Louisville of the fans. Way back when we were all hooping and hollering over the red vs green or the Ford vs Chevy rivalry then set at a pull anywhere now and look around most people are not even paying attention to the pull most couldn’t tell ya what class is running nothing but a social gathering
Now I’ve been around pulling my whole life as a fan and about 25 years as a puller my wife’s first date was to a pull I mean was as passionate as anyone and still want to be but I’m guilty of being both of the above and I really can’t explain why other than the whole fan base has changed and you’re not gonna fix it with sideshows
I do think that a variety in vehicles would help and I don’t mean paint jobs I mean thinking outside the box like all the mods used to be and the trucks were all different and most of the ag tractors were different in many ways .How about mixing things up even more than the supers are trying to do if you want to get someone’s attention run a mod right in the middle of a smoker class
A good knowledgeable announcer that knows the vehicle and the drivers that can be funny but clean and also a sound system that can be heard goes a long ways

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 07:49AM
How cool would that be in the usa!!!!! That truly is next level right there

Don't pay it!!!! June 18, 2021 08:15PM
Don't pay 10dollars for a pit pass. Why should pullers pay a hundred to pull and fans pay 15 to enter

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 18, 2021 07:26AM
[youtu.be]

This is how Pulling "on the next level" looks.

Teams starting to build up their pit entertainment (to sell merch and for sponsor hospitality) on Thursday.
Take a close look at what the teams do with and for their sponsors IN THE PITS: [www.mpmoil.de]

The hardcore fans arriving Friday afternoon and setting up camp, hanging out in the pits, chit-chatting with teams, other fans - spending the evening watching local classes and then off to the campgrounds for fuel talks.
By Saturday noon the place comes back to life - ALL classes over the day on three tracks. By dusk, the music starts in 3 tents, and the kids from town POUR into the place - and basically have to watch the pull on their way to their Saturday night out experience.
One tent plays "Charts", one is a bit calmer (for the older who still want to be able to talk) and one is going nuts on electro music (teen music). At 10 pm the pulling stops - and the place by then is usually loaded with people.
At 2 am the music is stopped and it's everybody back into the pits or the campground.
Sunday noon starts the last session and while it goes well into the late afternoon, the main classes are done by about 3 pm - so everybody from further away can get home in time. The locals get another "beer tent party" that evening...

Money printing recipe... they cover their costs and prize money on beer sales alone.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2021 07:28AM by Sascha.

Sascha - that event looks great June 18, 2021 01:09PM
Sascha
[youtu.be]

This is how Pulling "on the next level" looks.

Teams starting to build up their pit entertainment (to sell merch and for sponsor hospitality) on Thursday.
Take a close look at what the teams do with and for their sponsors IN THE PITS: [www.mpmoil.de]

The hardcore fans arriving Friday afternoon and setting up camp, hanging out in the pits, chit-chatting with teams, other fans - spending the evening watching local classes and then off to the campgrounds for fuel talks.
By Saturday noon the place comes back to life - ALL classes over the day on three tracks. By dusk, the music starts in 3 tents, and the kids from town POUR into the place - and basically have to watch the pull on their way to their Saturday night out experience.
One tent plays "Charts", one is a bit calmer (for the older who still want to be able to talk) and one is going nuts on electro music (teen music). At 10 pm the pulling stops - and the place by then is usually loaded with people.
At 2 am the music is stopped and it's everybody back into the pits or the campground.
Sascha - that event looks great

Sunday noon starts the last session and while it goes well into the late afternoon, the main classes are done by about 3 pm - so everybody from further away can get home in time. The locals get another "beer tent party" that evening...

Money printing recipe... they cover their costs and prize money on beer sales alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2021 10:36AM by Sascha.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 20, 2021 03:52PM
Sascha, are there as many pulls in an area over there as here? For every town that has a pull like you describe, how many other towns within a 30 minute drive have a pull too and are those pulls similar or smaller?

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 20, 2021 04:16PM
Deere puller: this is what you would expect to find at a grand national level pull there.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 21, 2021 09:05AM
In that case, we're talking about the Netherlands.
It's 200 miles from north to south and app 130 miles east to west and has 17 Mio people (and it feels like 70% of those live in the big cities near the coastline - or what they call the "Randstad" (the edge city)). The other 30 % seem to Tractor Pull Smiling.

I have just given up counting their event dates from 2019 (the last year before Corona) when I reached 100:
You can count by yourself Smiling :
[tractorpulling.nl]

They are organized in
a) the biggest association, the NTTO, which runs what they call the Grand National and National Series (kind of 1st and 2nd league), The Farm Stocks with 3 leagues (Top in the points moving a league up, bottom two dropping one down at the end of the year) and then a series for Semis. Some events with multiple tracks do have e.g. a Farm Stock Top Level event with e.g. a Grand National or National combined. So the Promotes can build "their package to suit".

If you check their (reduced 2021 after Corona) calendar here (https://www.ntto.nl/kalender/FS), you can see the little colored tags on the dates and how they have GN / N / T / FS .. and then (on the right) their Farm Stock classes separated in "Top" / "Promo" / Beloften (and then even the "run what you brung..." level.

b) I think 3 more Local Hot Farm associations

c) at least two clubs that are specialized - one in trucks (actual cars up to TWD) and one or two in modifieds - they do a lot of joined pulls with the Hot Farm associations.

Made (where that video was taken) kind of has their local hot farm and the truck guys, NTTO GN and National plus the Euro Cup (where the rest of the top Europeans pull).
Over 600 competing vehicles in 3 days.

And they have pulls, big and small basically up or down the road all summer long. I just checked and the other really BIG events "the Beach Pull" (https://www.beachpull.nl/en/) are only 60 mls resp. Lochem (https://www.tractorpullinglochem.nl/) is 90 mls from there.

So it's not like they hurt each other. It's more like they support each other and grow it together. The sport really matters there with TV and lots of media coverage. Also thanks to exceptional leadership by the NTTO.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2021 09:16AM by Sascha.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 23, 2021 04:51AM
The Netherlands is where it's at for European tractor pulling in my opinion, even if no one in Amsterdam or Zwolle or Utrech or Rotterdam (ok maybe a few in Rotterdam) has heard of the sport. haha.

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 23, 2021 10:15AM
The banners and towers at the end of the track really make it look nice!

Re: Taking pulling to the next level June 23, 2021 11:15AM
[www.mylifeelsewhere.com]
So like +- 200 Pulls in an area 1/3rd the size of PA

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,621, Posts: 229,679, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,893.

Our newest member JD_8520