EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 26, 2021 03:10PM
EPA raiding car shops

This isn't directly about pulling... but it easily could be. Pick a diesel business and you can see how this could be a harrassment problem for pulling-related businesses.

Pulling may not be on their radar yet, but that can change.

Wouldn't the edict about street cars not being allowed to convert to race cars also apply to trucks and tractors in some classes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2021 03:13PM by The Original Michael.

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 26, 2021 04:15PM
old news. been a few posts about this already. tell you congressman to sign rpm act.

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 26, 2021 06:30PM
Gotta stop global warming somehow, just send a check to washington.
They'll get on it right after the fixing the infrastructure and the border!

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 27, 2021 11:29PM
Methinks a Federal Lawyer would argue that 700 HP number would have been a Manufacturers rating, not your "after tweaking it" rating. I truly hope they don't even think about messing with the sport, but if they do, NASCAR and the NHRA should/would also be affected, yes ??

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 27, 2021 12:03AM
Keep in mind. On the tractor side anyways 98% of engines for pulling are based off pre emission engines. Also last we checked into it. There wasnt any diesel emission standard above 700 hp.

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 27, 2021 10:17PM
Builder

Also last we checked into it. There wasnt any diesel emission standard above 700 hp.

I worked for GE building diesel locomotive engines, these engines range from 1250 to 6000 hp and have been regulated for emissions since the 1990's.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2021 04:00AM by RCP.

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 28, 2021 02:50PM
From my understanding if you build a 350 for a sprint car and use a stock block with a vin number it would be illegal regardless of year “emissions etc”.
In the case of pulling any class that uses a component with aftermarket blocks with no numbers would be legal. Regardless all it’ll take is someone taking a pic of a tractor with new late model sheet metal on a stock chassis blowing black smoke to start them looking around.

It’s all overreach, and if it’s not on the highway you should be able to do whatever you want, it hasn’t stopped them flying all over the world in private jets, but that’s another discussion.

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 30, 2021 12:12PM
Leon
From my understanding if you build a 350 for a sprint car and use a stock block with a vin number it would be illegal regardless of year “emissions etc”.
In the case of pulling any class that uses a component with aftermarket blocks with no numbers would be legal. Regardless all it’ll take is someone taking a pic of a tractor with new late model sheet metal on a stock chassis blowing black smoke to start them looking around.

It’s all overreach, and if it’s not on the highway you should be able to do whatever you want, it hasn’t stopped them flying all over the world in private jets, but that’s another discussion.

It would not surprise me that Xiden can and will ruin this freedom loving country

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 30, 2021 06:16PM
The Original Michael
EPA raiding car shops

This isn't directly about pulling... but it easily could be. Pick a diesel business and you can see how this could be a harrassment problem for pulling-related businesses.

Pulling may not be on their radar yet, but that can change.

Wouldn't the edict about street cars not being allowed to convert to race cars also apply to trucks and tractors in some classes?

Why give them any ideas?

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? July 31, 2021 01:30AM
Noboody has to give them any" ideas", Supertiquer. Have you not noticed that joey & his camp have been "ruining" this country since the moment of his 'faked'
inauguration? Freedom sure is quickly waning.

If EPA gets after the so-called 'street' pickups, which really are rolling coal burners, that is absolutely fine with me. I hate that exhaust being spewed into my vehicle's ventialation system.

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? August 01, 2021 02:12PM
Get involved with SEMA and PRI and sign the petition to push the RPMAct and let you congressional reps know of your support and the economic impact in their region.

Please curtail political commentary on this subject within this forum. EPA over-reach pursuant to vague latitudes in the directive documentation span multiple administrations. Cheapshot points you think you are scoring don't land and blame-game is for third-graders. Let's move the ball on this one.

If you want to help and further the knowledge base, great. Talking points and speculatively erroneous BS goes away.

It's going to take all of us pulling in the same direction now more than ever.

CP

Re: EPA raids. Could pulling businesses be next (especislly diesel)? August 01, 2021 03:05PM
cpr

Please curtail political commentary on this subject within this forum

CP

Thank you. And that's why I didn't say any more

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,702, Posts: 229,802, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard