Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 02:47AM
Which green sheet metal PS tractors have red motors?

Which red sheet metal PS tractors have green motors?

Which off-brand sheet metal PS tractors have red or green motors?

Do you personally feel the rule is fine as is for the Pro Stock class specifically? If not, what in your opinion is a reasonable rule regarding the block and brand?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2022 02:50AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 03:28AM
Cotton Pickin' Deere is red.

Work Horse is BBJD.

Beyond Limits, Wheat Fed, Xtra Butter are BBJD.

If it keeps people going, gives others something to talk about, and it makes it down the track - RUN IT!

CP

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 03:35AM
"Run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough!"- Gardener Stone

If it meets the rules go for it. Just let your fans know that your carpet doesn't match your drapes so they can't brag about how a red tractor won the pro stock class when in reality its a JD that powered it to victory.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 03:53AM
i believe shrameks prostock is the old work horse motor, which was red

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 08:00AM
I think it's a GM powerplant.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 04:03AM
At this point in time how much of a top running “pro stock” tractor has anything OEM on it?? I’ve talked to people that would regularly attend outlaw or NTPA events and they couldn’t tell the difference from a super farm pro stock or super stock if it blew black smoke, and that is no lie!!! I told them there in fact is a massive difference between the classes and their response was “they blow smoke” what difference does it make.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 02:39PM
Well Technically…..
At this point in time how much of a top running “pro stock” tractor has anything OEM on it??

Then why do announcers waste their time trying to hype up the battle between brands? We all understand that very little of what’s on a pulling machine is OEM for what the vehicle is based on and it’s such a tired argument. If we’re going to pretend that a component tractor is a [insert brand here], then why does everyone lose their mind when somebody expects it to have [brand’s block] in it? Why not focus on who made the chassis or who is the turbo manufacturer? If everything is arbitrary anyways, let announcers hype up the crowd by where pullers got their ice from. Cool

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 04:15PM
Just as well announce what the tractors are running for an engine combo under the hood, because it’s all aftermarket parts anyway. I’ve been going to pulls for over 30 years and after about 2 hours the crowd is so sloshed they don’t care what or who is hooking to the sled.

Re: Cross-dressers May 07, 2022 05:00AM
John Murray

At this point in time how much of a top running “pro stock” tractor has anything OEM on it??

Then why do announcers waste their time trying to hype up the battle between brands? If everything is arbitrary anyways, let announcers hype up the crowd by where pullers got their ice from. Cool

What do you say, Charles … should we try this next weekend at “The Pullers Championship”?

Re: Cross-dressers May 07, 2022 05:15AM
Yessir! Let's do it.

CP

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 04:12AM
Everybody makes a big deal about the pro stocks, what about all the super stocks that have red motors in them.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 11:29AM
Are there any top running LSSs with anything besides red motors? Outside of Hootman that is.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 12:03PM
Metz, whitworth are green light supers.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 02:42PM
What about Haugs cases?

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 03:21PM
Kevin Lynn.

Re: Cross-dressers May 20, 2022 01:43PM
True JI Case power

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 03:39PM
No one really cares if one were running a cummins or a cat, only when the engine is from another tractor builder.

Re: Cross-dressers May 06, 2022 03:41PM
Ever see a Chevy running at Daytona with a ford under the hood?

Re: Cross-dressers May 07, 2022 02:02AM
NASCAR isn’t even close to the same comparison. NASCAR does everything they can to make sure the engines are as close as they can for horsepower and we’re only talking 670 horsepower. They also have changed spoiler heights and other things on the car to make it even. Most tractor pullers cross dress because they can get more out of a certain brand.

Re: Cross-dressers May 08, 2022 06:44AM
Wonder why the cross dressers don't proudly paint their engine blocks the original manufactures color?Confused

Re: Cross-dressers. (T-puller) May 08, 2022 10:46AM
What makes you think Kevin has something other then a Ford block under the hood of any of the 3 he’s running this year??

Re: Cross-dressers. (T-puller) May 08, 2022 10:55AM
I was commenting that he is one of the top LSS not running a red motor.

Re: Cross-dressers. (T-puller) May 08, 2022 02:10PM
Whats the 3rd tractor that he's running, i know he's got the Rocket and Bomb, what other tractor ?

Re: Cross-dresser that wasn't May 08, 2022 02:56PM
Tom Harmon's Preparation H was ahead of it's time, but it wasn't a cross dresser like today's tractors.

Remember is IH painted green and yellow, but the engine was true IH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2022 03:19PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Cross-dresser that wasn't (?) May 09, 2022 02:43PM
To (?)

Kevin owns his original notorious an is working on getting that back together for lss still as a diesel

Re: Cross-dresser that wasn't (?) May 09, 2022 02:48PM
Thank You, glad the 8210 is back home where it belongs !!!!

Re: Cross-dressers May 11, 2022 07:40AM
I was looking at a Video of Mike Novingers 1150 Massey. What motor does he run in it.

Just Curious.

Re: Cross-dressers May 11, 2022 07:59AM
John Deere I believe.

Re: Cross-dressers May 11, 2022 08:54AM
My question has always been, if a tractor has Massey sheet metal and a BBJD engine what should the announcer tell the fans. To me it's a BBJD, nor a Massey. Sheet metal does not provide any power to the vehicle. In a way we are not being honest.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Cross-dressers May 11, 2022 10:23AM
Although I’m a guy that doesn’t agree with the mix and match , I guess you’d tell them it’s a Massey with John Deere power, and if you as an announcer don’t know then you are doing no harm by calling it a Massey.

Re: Cross-dressers May 12, 2022 04:28PM
Dick Morgan
In a way we are not being honest.

A component chassis is just as dishonest as motor and sheet metal combinations. Now I know you and many others don't want to see that but it is the truth!

Re: Cross-dressers May 11, 2022 11:14AM
I heard that Novinger fully intended on having it be a full fledged Massey originally, but something got in the way of those plans and he decided to just put a JD engine in it.

Re: Cross-dressers May 11, 2022 12:34PM
Yes that’s true , it was to have a V8 Perkins if I remember correctly but a rule change ended that idea.

Re: Cross-dressers May 12, 2022 12:31AM
What rule change was that? There have been other V-8 Perkins alcohol super stocks.

Re: Cross-dressers May 12, 2022 12:59AM
Logan Thomas
What rule change was that? There have been other V-8 Perkins alcohol super stocks.

Was this possibly when NTPA considered allowing v8s in the LSS class? I heard Ron Bultemeier was planning to build one buy stopped when NTPA refused to allow them.

Re: Cross-dressers May 12, 2022 01:44AM
Yes I believe the tractor was intended for the LSS where V8s are not allowed in NTPA and I think the ruling is the same for PPL

Re: Cross-dressers May 12, 2022 02:59PM
Might be nit-picky here, but the 3 2wd v-8’s were always legal before this happened. It was not a matter of considering to allow them, but rather throwing them out.

Re: Cross-dressers May 14, 2022 02:33PM
Brian Shramek personally informed me last summer, that the 'new' "Young Blood" ProStock (wow, is it ever a sharp looker!!) is a Detroit block.

With how pulling has changed and evolved over the decades, I really do not mind the cross dressers.
The big advantage is, it gives the potential for the class to have more sheetmetal brand variety. That's a good thing.

Some announcers, even when informed a particular tractor is a cross dresser, and what the chassis/motor actually is, do not believe it.
And will make a big deal announcing this tractor is, in this case, a beautiful M-F. In actuality, everything underneath is IH.

Re: Cross-dressers May 14, 2022 02:56PM
No, it’s a D&R block (per the young blood fb page) if you know what a D&R block is you know it’s IH based it did come out of Rob Russels Case IH after all but either way it’s an aftermarket block and has nothing to do with any major manufacturers other than the design and measurements.

Re: Cross-dressers May 14, 2022 04:47PM
Rob Russel’s motor went to Greg Elsing not Young Blood, either way it laid down a real nice pass tonight after falling under the charger last night. Lempke is going to be one to watch this year. Nice to see them putting in the work and developing that small block. It looked really strong tonight!

Re: Cross-dressers May 15, 2022 01:35AM
MG1206
Rob Russel’s motor went to Greg Elsing not Young Blood, either way it laid down a real nice pass tonight after falling under the charger last night. Lempke is going to be one to watch this year. Nice to see them putting in the work and developing that small block. It looked really strong tonight!

Isn't Robb Russelles engine he won the championship with out of Charlie Pelletier's CP Dream II ? It runs and sounds exactly like it.

Re: Cross-dressers May 15, 2022 05:53AM
"Isn't Robb Russelles engine he won the championship with out of Charlie Pelletier's CP Dream II ? It runs and sounds exactly like it."

By that statement, you mean it sounds like the BBJD that it is? Just like almost every other BBJD in the prostock class?

Re: Cross-dressers May 15, 2022 06:21AM
I’m referring to his Snitker IH engine, I don’t know where his bb came from

Re: Cross-dressers May 15, 2022 09:07AM
No Rob’s engine came from Riverside and CP came from the Shipley shop and I believe the CP engine stayed with the tractor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro