BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 03:08AM
bootlegger and coal fired are apparently sold?

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 07:14AM
Heard Deppen bought them. Gonna have 6 Spinning

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 09:22AM
Why Did they sell?

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 12:14PM
LSS Fan

Nope

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 01:56PM
Holmes

Nope

hey sherlock it was clearly a joke [spinning head with the tongue out should have been a clue]

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 02:22PM
Heard from a reliable source that Simon’s bought both tractors & the Bootlegger rig. So that’s 4 green pros in one stable. And with the former “Red Edge Pro” hittin the track, u have a grand total of 5 pros. Obviously it’s their money & they can spend it however they please, and obviously I’m jealous as hell, but what exactly are they trying to accomplish? I don’t mean that negative towards them in anyway. Like I said, I’m jealous as hell!!! A 2 tractor/truck team makes all the sense in the world. But 5? Aren’t you just showing how BIG your pocketbook is @ that point? And we’re just talking 1 class, here. Haven’t even mentioned the 2 wheeler(s), mod(s), or mini. And I’ll say it one more time because I’m sure some “Karen” is gona take offense to everything I said-I don’t mean any of what I mentioned negatively towards the Simon crew. I’m sure they are a great family & if they got the $$$, let er eat. I’m just mind blown of 1 team having 5 pro stock tractors in the year 2022 & how it’s even possible?! I would love to be pals with them fellars!!! Good luck to them!

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 02:50PM
At one time, Petros had at least 6 twds.
Nelson's from IL collectively had or have nearly as many.

How many SS has Gaetan Yelle ran in one year?

If Simon's bring 4-5 twds, 5 pros, and 2 minis to BG, that would be how many haulers?

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 14, 2022 06:16PM
I mean at this point the Simon's are buying drivers tractors and trucks in every class I'd love to see an all Simon top three in every major pulling class so I can just shake my head and say they bought everyone's hard work and best drivers to ruin pulling

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 01:12PM
Farley, Iowa might beat Northeast Ohio for Pro Stock capital of the world.......

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 10:15PM
I'm just wondering if Simons are either A: looking to adopt a kid or B: need someone to detail tractors full time... either way I'm ok with whatever option they choose.... Kudos to them and their success! They have done something right with business strategies and money management. I cant wait to see them perform with all their rides. Nice job Simons.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 01:14AM
I kinda look at this whole thing as a child with a checkbook. I just don’t get what they’re getting out of it. Other than that just say hey what how many pulling vehicles we own. The next challenges how do you divide your time and keep all these machines running well. I remember when Larry Roberts was pulling when he had just the three Unlimited super stocks they were at the top of their game. When he started to buy modified jet tractors you started to see the performance drop off. There just isn’t enough hours in a day not to mention the fact if you have a job to keep all the stuff working and running well. Time may prove me wrong I hope it does but really if you have one pulling the vehicle per person in your team which for them would be two that is gods plenty in my book. I think after a while it becomes an ego thing.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 05, 2022 10:38PM
Just because Simon’s bought the setup doesn’t mean they will keep them.. They buy and sell pulling trucks and tractors. With exception of body’s with their dads name on them everything they have is for sale if you inquire. They may have a hard time selling the hauler out of this purchase, but that’s about it. The thing was registered out west because of length / tax purposes. But you could change out rig and shorten it down as well.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 01:23AM
It seems to me that they are doing a service for pullers. They must be making money on the deal, but if a puller did this on his own he would have to all of this on his own dime anyway and who knows how much time he would spend on the phone and waiting. Buy something from the Simons and my guess is that all of that is taken care of for you. Not sure if it's cheaper going through them but it's gotta save time.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 05:04AM
Sad to see them get out of pulling. But I will be interested to see who campaigns those two tractors next. Coal Fired the old Green Streak, and former Green Line Express before that definitely ran better for the Boyds. Somebody will get two strong running tractors out of this deal. If the Simons ran one or both of them it seems they'd take them from middle of the pack to top of the pack if they have time to maintain them

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 06:26AM
Good Afternoon,

First of all sorry people are upset but if we didn't buy the team out someone would have. We are not trying to just go around and buy up teams we have built a name for buying and selling top notch pulling vehicles. We are going to keep growing that name! If your looking to get into pulling or add something to your fleet we have them contact us today!

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 01:04PM
RJ. Don't let the keyboard pullers drag you down, what you guys have done for pulling is in my opinion a great thing. You have brought excitement back to the sport! Speaking as a promoter all you have to do is advertise Simon's are coming and it will put butts in the seats. Having said that im glad I'm not in your class , that's a tough roe to hoe. But on the flipside there is a lot of pullers gunning for you its like being the super bowl champ every one brings their a game. Keep on pulling!!

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 12:36PM
There hauler is simply amazing. Best of luck to u guys with ur purchase

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 06, 2022 10:50PM
Here’s a question no one has asked, what did they decide to sell in the first place? They just added the Coal Fired tractor within the last couple of years or so.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 07, 2022 08:32AM
Word on the street is that they are exploring a different challenge in motor sports.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 07, 2022 10:27PM
I wonder if it has to do anything with Boyd's getting out of the motorsports game and not having an engine builder? I'm not sure if they used Riverside or Boyds to do their work? Regardless, best of luck to them and thank you for all they have done for the fans of the sport. They had top notch equipment.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 08, 2022 12:34AM
Ultimately it's between buyer and seller.

From the perspective of a fan, one thought as it pertains to the show is will these tractors be out of commission sitting in a workshop, or will they be on the track along with their other pros? ⁰

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 08, 2022 01:31AM
Seen the hauler sitting next the the shop in Farley last night on my way by. The INTERESTING this was that I also seen the COALFIRED tractor being loaded onto a rollback Truck outside of the shop!

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 08, 2022 01:48AM
Simons only bought one of the tractors, but the other one will not be going very far away.

CP

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 08, 2022 03:17AM
Traveler
The INTERESTING this was that I also seen the COALFIRED tractor being loaded onto a rollback Truck outside of the shop!

Getting repainted hopefully,....there's nothing uglier than green and yellow combination.

Hot

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 08, 2022 04:54AM
The Simon Sez pulling team is one of the teams that are not only a great pulling team but also a major promoter of the sport. They bring a level of excitement that makes every event they attend special. The list of classes that they have hooked in, and are now capable of hooking in is extensive. The family has done a great job of carrying their father, Roger's Legacy.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 10, 2022 03:38AM
Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2022 09:57AM by racehorses.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 14, 2022 05:21AM
Looks like Jason Rauen is the new owner and driver of Bootlegger! Picked up a win first time out with it. Will we see Coal Fired out sometime soon too?

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 14, 2022 05:48AM
Believe Simon's are taking it to Henry this weekend.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 14, 2022 07:25AM
Brent Yaron
Believe Simon's are taking it to Henry this weekend.

If Simons run Coal Fired (likely with the intent to sell at some point) they would be running 3 Boyd Pro Stocks. The current Loud and Loaded has won 4(?) PPL Points Championships under different names and drivers.

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 14, 2022 06:29AM
BrandonA
Looks like Jason Rauen is the new owner and driver of Bootlegger! Picked up a win first time out with it. Will we see Coal Fired out sometime soon too?
Where his other 2 at?

Re: BOOTLEGGER&COAL FIRED PULLING July 15, 2022 12:02AM
MG1206

Where his other 2 at?

At home, I believe he only ran that pull to get Bootlegger on he track. If you watched the Simons video with Jason Schultz this week RJ let us in on a secret. Jason Rauen actually has 4 pro stocks now as he is building a 55 series Deere right now in addition to Bootlegger and his other two tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,802, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,958.

Our newest member CBeard