Workhorse pro July 27, 2022 02:43PM
Read article about pulling interviewed Rob Russell where he talked about switching to a chaos built block next year god I hope the jd experience is over.

Re: Workhorse pro July 27, 2022 10:42PM
Agree

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 05:06AM
Some of the above are correct, Hyper, Schnitker, and Chaos all currently make recast blocks for IH, Chaos also make recast Cummins and BBJD blocks. Lemke did make recast SBJD blocks(that is what was in Peter Norton’s Money on Black Pro), but he now makes a billet SBJD based block. Brinkmeier, Stamm, Link, Wileman(think I spelled that wrong) and I think some of the other Badger State Pros, are all running the new Lemke billet SBJD.

The RUMOR(cannot stress that enough) that I was told, is that Chaos is now in the process of developing a billet IH block. I was told the reasons why they were thinking about doing this, but that’s not my place to share that kind of information, but they planned to change some features of the block for durability/performance reasons. That is why they are now looking into developing a new billet IH block after their recast IH block has only been out for a year in 2 tractors.

Again leading me back to my original point…is Rob going to get one of these new billet IH engines? Did he say billet, but was talking about a recast BBJD block from Chaos? Are Chaos also looking into a billet BBJD block? Those are questions I can’t answer, but can’t wait to find out next year!

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 05:10AM
The above post was supposed to go at the bottom in response to CPR, MG1206, and 680.
Not sure how I ended up posting it here, that was my fault

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 05:47AM
It's all good. Hadn't chatted with those guys in a while. Thanks for the update on that.

CP

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 08:34AM
John Links is a IH lemke billet block

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 08:45AM
Thinking
Some of the above are correct, Hyper, Schnitker, and Chaos all currently make recast blocks for IH, Chaos also make recast Cummins and BBJD blocks. Lemke did make recast SBJD blocks(that is what was in Peter Norton’s Money on Black Pro), but he now makes a billet SBJD based block. Brinkmeier, Stamm, Link, Wileman(think I spelled that wrong) and I think some of the other Badger State Pros, are all running the new Lemke billet SBJD.

The RUMOR(cannot stress that enough) that I was told, is that Chaos is now in the process of developing a billet IH block. I was told the reasons why they were thinking about doing this, but that’s not my place to share that kind of information, but they planned to change some features of the block for durability/performance reasons. That is why they are now looking into developing a new billet IH block after their recast IH block has only been out for a year in 2 tractors.

Again leading me back to my original point…is Rob going to get one of these new billet IH engines? Did he say billet, but was talking about a recast BBJD block from Chaos? Are Chaos also looking into a billet BBJD block? Those are questions I can’t answer, but can’t wait to find out next year!
Are you sure on all these guys are running Lempke’s jd block or just that they are running Lempke blocks so one is to assume it’s JD. I can’t believe Tim Cain wouldn’t have a Lempke billet block

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 11:39AM
I’m quite sure Link and Stamm are still IH based , but I had heard Brinkmeiers and Elsing are now Lemke Deere powered.

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 11:54AM
Thinking red
I’m quite sure Link and Stamm are still IH based , but I had heard Brinkmeiers and Elsing are now Lemke Deere powered.

Both Brinkmeier and Elsing are red blocks also

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 12:10PM
I saw with my own eyes Elsing’s New Holland has a Deere.

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 06:19PM
Is anyone machining a billet aluminum block for these tractors?

Re: Workhorse pro July 29, 2022 02:42AM
Both Ruttin Deere and Ruttin Deere 2 are running Blackbourn IH motors.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 12:37AM
I have heard that chaos is going to be making a billet IH block, they are supposedly working on one for El Niño now.(this is all grapevine rumors, so please don’t take this as gospel)

Since in the article it he said billet, I too am curious if he will go back an IH patterned motor. However, Chaos does now make a recast BBJD block, so maybe he could have meant that, or maybe Chaos is deciding to also make a billet BBJD.

Only time will tell, but it’s something to chew on.

In a component class I could care less either way, not like any part of that machine is tractor anyway.

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 01:33AM
I have to assume the Chaos built “IH” engines are capable of going to 680?

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 01:47AM
They are not billet, they are a recast. Chaos has done this for Cummins, IH, and BBJD. El Nino (mentioned later in the same article) and Triple Bypass have the IH recast Chaos blocks.

CP

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 02:08AM
Right they are cast, but the way I read it states that they are now working on a billet design rather than the recast they are currently producing??

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 02:14AM
Lempke is the only one actually making a steel billet block, Hyper, Snitker, Chaos are all poured cast. Chaos is solid without water jackets from my understanding

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 03:30AM
Did anyone else notice in the article that the bore and stroke measurements given for Rob's tractor add up to 711 ci. Misprint?

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 04:31AM
You seriously think these top Pros are 680 or less?

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 04:59AM
Can't say for sure whether a typo or not, but a 5.5" crank would be right at 680.

CP

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 05:15AM
Either 5.5 stroke and 5.125 bore, or 5.750 stroke and 5.00 bore. Either will put you right at 680 and I think are common for BBJD
Most of the IH’s are a 6.00 Stroke and 4.875 bore, coming out to exactly 672. Some have tried a 5.00 bore in IH’s but that’s hard to make the C rings seal.

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 05:17AM
who's all running lemke billet small block?

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 11:27AM
Lemke and Corey Hoffman for sure. Not sure who else

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 09:51AM
All the blocks we make at Chaos are from a casting we get done locally and then machine in-house. This is what you see in el nino and triple bypass. Many mistake it for billet because the exhaust manifold side of the block is completely machined and looks like it is. Just easier to cast/ make that way. Several dt , bbjd and cummins blocks are out this year and last year. Rob will continue to run a bbjd just switching blocks when getting a new motor.

Re: Workhorse pro July 28, 2022 12:33PM
Kevin Campbell
All the blocks we make at Chaos are from a casting we get done locally and then machine in-house. This is what you see in el nino and triple bypass. Many mistake it for billet because the exhaust manifold side of the block is completely machined and looks like it is. Just easier to cast/ make that way. Several dt , bbjd and cummins blocks are out this year and last year. Rob will continue to run a bbjd just switching blocks when getting a new motor.
Well that’s disappointing about Russel!

Re: Workhorse pro July 29, 2022 12:54AM
Forgive me for asking a dumb question. It's widely known that many pro stocks like Workhorse Pro are running BBJD. In the open supers class that is dominated by red tractors are any of the John Deere's like Ruttin Deere 2 recently built by the Blackburn's running Case motors?

Re: Workhorse pro July 29, 2022 01:35AM
I believe Kenner's Bambi tractor is running a Brent Long IH motor. It's been a minute sense they have ran the Champions tour, but at that time Bambi was still Brent Long powered.

Re: Workhorse pro July 29, 2022 04:02AM
I'm just damn happy Rob is still kicking a$$ after 40+ years in the game regardless of what powerplant he uses! He writes the checks,so I support his decision on what he chooses! He has entertained us hard-core fans for decades and if anything we should be thanking him!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,766, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason