ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 12:50PM
I attended a pull this weekend we used to pull our 1050 Super Stock garden tractors at, and I had several people ask, question why many fairs don’t have the class?
Right now, most of the hooks are put on by the pullers during their local fair. My question is this:
What can the class do to promote itself better? They consistently have 12-14 tractors every hook and usually only take 30-45 minutes at the max to go through the class, maybe less than that.
Is it the additional sled rent that’s causing the problem as well? I’m not picking any fair or organization apart by this, I am just trying to feel out what the other pullers think as well as spectators as well

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 01:50PM
Where are you located?

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 02:09PM
Central IL. This is focused on the garden tractors pulling with Illinois Tractor Pullers Association and Illini State Pullers

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 02:43PM
Jacob, I don't know what the answer is on this. I have always thought if you would run tractors like your class next to the big tractor at an event, it would work perfect. I ran with a club 2 weeks ago that did that and it worked great. I feel the cost to bring in these little tractors as a filler to have something going down the track in between the big tractors is perfect. Something I do know is the moment you call it a "garden tractor", people think it's the same thing that they mow their lawn with.

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 02:48PM
I believe you are correct. There’s still a disconnect from “garden tractors” to crowd and promoter. Definitely thankful that ITPA and ISP offer that class to get us out there. Would definitely like to see it grow

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 11:52PM
I agree Jake, I really want to see it grow as well. Modified garden tractors and outlaw tractors do not get the credit they deserve. It's one of the reasons I started the Outlaw Garden Tractor Pulling Series. And I am still working to try to make the series better. Maybe it's just in a slump, but I do think you will see it grow in the next decade.

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 02, 2022 03:46PM
our local pull had garden tractors pull on the grandstand side of the big track in between big hooks. i thought it was a great idea and kept things moving for the fans

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 03, 2022 08:52AM
Hagers her in ky has been putting on some really good pulls its just hard to get the fan bases needed .A 100 horse single cylinder puts on a good show and a hand full to drive

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 03, 2022 03:45PM
In my humble opinion someone needs to build a sled to get the tractors some speed and a quick stop at the end. It seems to me that they are fairly predictable unlike the larger tractors that are carrying the mail, you think they are going 300+ and….Bingo they’re stopped at 299. They need the suspense during the pass and not the look at your phone for 15 seconds until they are close to the end. This is another way to show off the little 100HP monsters, speed!!! Quick on the edge of your seat action. Once again just my opinion.

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 03, 2022 10:14PM
Trent, i encourage you to come to an indoor pull where a "Slam" style sled is used. 16-18mph is not uncommon on a short 230ish foot track. Liberty Kentucky they run a 300 foot track indoors with speeds of 16+mph carried over that distance and hammered at the end.

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 04, 2022 02:22PM
That’s what in my opinion needs to happen at more pulls. Get the people excited and to consider returning to another pull.

Re: ITPA 1050 Super Stocks August 04, 2022 04:16PM
I totally agree with you Trent. I seen and watched the video of the 1050 supers at Altamont on YouTube, and seen where they pulled on the dirt track instead of the normal limestone and you could hear the crowd in the background getting into the pull. This was very nice too see and hear. Definitely hope this helps the class and organization

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,647, Posts: 229,714, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,905.

Our newest member JD_8520