Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 12:24AM
Does anyone know the backstory on his old 3688ss...
What was the thought process behind his design ?
Did he design the valvetrain ?
Gotta be a story on the head and manifolds ?
I seen it hook a few times,when it lit,good lord was it stout,but didn't ever make a complete pass....
Everything I seen it with the hood off I thought this guy's clever....
1st time I seen it my thought was wtf is this,a desmondronic valvetrain (which the design was 60 yrs old),a p pump injecting alcohol....
Surely the head and valvetrain and manifolds are laying somewhere,someone has to know....
This would be a perfect exhibit at bg for the legends,for just plain home brewed ingenuity at its best.....
Cody,you know where it's at,just thinking you might,someone save it if it wasn't scrapped.!!!

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 01:26AM
And that the head was reverse-flow with dual cams and the bottom charger was crank driven way before Prochargers were a thing.

CP

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 01:48AM
Got any pictures?

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 06:08AM
Here is one version.

CP

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 07:01AM
That old boy was crazy. Can you imagine what he can do with some good tools and a sledge hammer?!?!?!?
I bet old Vern had nothing on him.

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 07:13AM
That looks wild. What years was he running it?

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 07:17AM
It was Doug Fricke and Bob Holmes they had two injection pump on it at one time. They took the crank drive charger off and went to three airresreach 90/93 and switch the fuel to electric solenoid valves. His son Caleb has engine.

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 12:02PM
the pump pictured is an American Bosch PLM or APE like off a Mack, or an old Allis 844. Cool innovation!

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 12:28PM
I'll look when I get time,I have quite a few good pics of the engine

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 07:15AM
Doug was a good person with out side of the box ideas, With Bob Holmes help this project had potential, but as with many non conforming experimental ideas it got outlawed before it could get sorted out.

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 25, 2022 07:31AM
"The man" is always trying to shut down any ideas that aren't theirs and they don't fully understand. They are afraid of the competition and having to figure out stuff to keep up.

Just like in Mother Russia, people are always talking about doing better but Putin keeps us all in squalor while he lives like a king. I think someday I would like to move back if they can dethrone him.

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 26, 2022 05:48AM
Doug Fricke was and lived in Spring valley Ohio. He passed away some time ago.

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 26, 2022 06:28AM
Can someone post a picture of the tractor, I'm pretty sure I know what it looked like but not sure, thanks in advance.

Re: Doug fricke ??? October 26, 2022 07:45AM
Fricke's IH.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,736, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,920.

Our newest member JD_8520