Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 26, 2022 02:15AM
The fricke thread is very interesting,esp the 1/2 allison with 6 turbos.so what other pullers in any class have went to extremes to try something different,the custom machining is so interesting,the skill and craftsmanship are top tier impressive..all born in a guys mind to think.wether the idea worked or not,let's hear some srories,and see some pics,with skilled tradesmen anything is possible......

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 27, 2022 02:12PM
I've seen wheeler rittingers outcast many times,but I'm forgetting the rearend design,it used 2 ring and pinions didn't it ?
Too have each motor power seperate tires it had to have 2 trans too..??

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 27, 2022 11:36PM
Gene Donaldson tried a blower ( like a 871 )on the White/Oliver 3208 Cat known as " Mene Gene " might have been called " Cats Meow " same tractor,back in the 70s or 80s, worked until it sent it skyward !!!

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 27, 2022 11:50PM
Didn't Delynn Kale have a blower sitting on a 550 IH?

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 01:11AM
Yes. There were 2 teams to do the blown SS thing in Europe. 1 was a CIH using I think maybe the Cummins V8, the other was a MF Perkins V8.

CP

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 30, 2022 05:21AM
Yes he did. I know Robin Elliot worked on that and maybe Fowler engines out of Columbus.

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 30, 2022 05:25AM
Other than smith's and schrier,who else used the ohc ih head on the deere block ?

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 31, 2022 12:37AM
Arcenaux brothers out of Illinois.

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 01:19AM
Butch Franzen from Waverly, IA had a blower on a JD in the early 80’s

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 06:30AM
Butch with NEITPA.

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 05:48AM
I remember a Mr. Bledsoe from Ind., who had a Super Farm tractor called Red Dog that used a turbo with a dual exhaust fan, which was later deemed illegal for the class.

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 05:52AM
Rich Miller ran a supercharger on his Oliver 88 and Pegasus was ahead of it’s time with Ken Veney having a hand in the head design.

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 08:13AM
Les
I remember a Mr. Bledsoe from Ind., who had a Super Farm tractor called Red Dog that used a turbo with a dual exhaust fan, which was later deemed illegal for the class.

He also had an out-of-the-box, innovative roll cage design. Spinning

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 08:32AM
Michael red dog done a lot of things that he new that was not illegal but he was fun to be around he keep things stirred up

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking October 28, 2022 12:26PM
Yes Original Michael. I heard he was exhausted after building it.Smiling

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking November 03, 2022 05:51AM
I was recently watching a video from pulling reference. It was the 7200lb Modified tractors from Fishersville, Virginia in 1989. It was with the TNT pulling series. I saw that Dave Banter had his trusty Mr. Chevy there. But, But, he also had a mod called the fox there, too. I know this mod wasn't around long. I put this in this thread because it too had some outside-the-box thinking. He was sitting forward running four engines in front of him, but also had an engine BEHIND HIS HEAD! What I am wondering is if there was a guard to protect the back of his neck or head or body. Yes, I know he was wearing a fire suit, gloves, face sock, and helmet. But what would happen if a burst panel was to blow? What about total destruction of the engine? What then? I am surprised this was allowed at all, more so for a whole season!

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking November 03, 2022 09:10AM
They also had a mod that he sat in front of the right rear tire

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking November 03, 2022 11:28PM
From appr. 4:10min on:
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking November 07, 2022 01:47AM
patches
They also had a mod that he sat in front of the right rear tire

That is the one I am talking about.

Re: Unusual ideas/out of the box thinking November 08, 2022 10:38PM
Found the one that you mentioned before, with the 7th engine right behind him:
[www.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,701, Posts: 229,801, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard