Simon May 23, 2023 12:03PM
What did Brandon say in his interview Friday night

Re: Simon May 23, 2023 01:05PM
Not his exact words, but close. He wished his dad was still around so he could see them kicking "donkey" cause "dog gone" is "firetrucking" awesome.

Re: Simon May 23, 2023 11:31PM
....and that is all it took to start the whiner parade on this page? Wow. You'd think he shot someone based on the reaction of some snowflakes here.

Perhaps it could have been delivered without the profanity, but the passion sometimes brings that out. I wouldn't be the least bit offended by it.

Re: Simon May 23, 2023 11:58PM
Eye Rolling

Re: Simon May 24, 2023 01:03AM
To No Controversy: I AGREE 100% emotions take over and you don't really think before you speak when you're "in the moment". BRANDON SIMON, KEEP KICKING THEIR ASSES!

Re: Simon May 24, 2023 05:18AM
I take it he didn’t have as much to say Saturday night? He did well but didn’t win the over all so I guess you could say he got his ass kicked as much as he kicked ass.

Re: Simon May 24, 2023 08:38AM
Team one
I take it he didn’t have as much to say Saturday night? He did well but didn’t win the over all so I guess you could say he got his ass kicked as much as he kicked ass.
I was thinking the same thing! Didn’t hear Perish’s say anything of the sort!

Re: Simon May 24, 2023 10:39AM
Good. No, perfect. The sport needs both to stir it up. Everyone speaking in nice platitudes and doing the obligatory sponsor mentions is BORING!

CP

Re: Simon May 24, 2023 11:00AM
Brandon’s interview at bowling green this past year was the best! He just simply said “We kicked their freaking behind”

Re: Simon May 25, 2023 12:20AM
let me first say this is the United States of America and one of the greatest things about this country is that we are free to be however we want to be to people. I think the thing with the Simmons is it when they give them an interview and say stuff like that it comes off as arrogant and self entitled look at me. When you heard the parishes they come off is very humble hard-working regular people. I just prefer the latter. I don’t really know either family. I will say that I farm and there have been plenty of families that farm around us that act like the parishes and act like the Simmons they have for generations. I will say in our farming community the families that act like the Simmons in the long run don’t have many friends and I don’t think people would go out of their way for them when I’m talking about the farm families that act like the Simmons. It is one of those things that starts to wear on people. Now again I don’t know either family Brandon Simon might be the nicest guy you’d ever want to meet if you met him in the business world or in a family setting or in a social setting , however in a tractor pole setting I don’t care for the guy that is just me he is not my cup of tea. Not everybody likes everybody it is been that way forever and I don’t see it ever changing you have to be you if that is who you are then be authentic to who you are . I always think you catch more flies with honey than vinegar and if you ever need help in the future it is always better to have the attitude that the parishes demonstrate just my two cents and everybody has an opinion. I will say as a tractor pulling fan I am a red guy through and through it I will cheer for any John Deere pro stock if there are no red pro stocks there before I would ever root for the Simmons may be over the years that will change but right now that is how I feel.

Re: Simon May 25, 2023 03:34PM
What a bunch of bitches in the comments. Good for the Simons, they are out there getting after it. Everyone else with
negative comments need to shut up and kick rocks.

Re: Simon May 25, 2023 03:49PM
I have no problem with people being excited about “kicking ass” , but it’s more impressive when they don’t just take dads money and buy someone else’s success, sure they’ve been successful with other classes but they simply bought their success in the prostock class from the people who did all r&d …the Boyd’s, it’s great that they have a bunch of money and contribute to the sport however much of their success was simply purchased.

Re: Simon May 25, 2023 11:50PM
Pro stock
What a bunch of bitches in the comments. Good for the Simons, they are out there getting after it. Everyone else with

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Made in China

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 12:39AM
Pro stock
Why are you crying and whining about people criticizing the Simons? Here's a news flash for you... the Simons' are cocky. They speak their mind. They win. A lot. When you win and are cocky about it you're going to be criticized. Just like LeBron James guaranteeing that he would win seven championships when he signed with the Heat.

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 03:12AM
Pro stock

We are not bitches. We appreciate the level of rivalry and confidence the Simon's and whoever else gets on the mic has for themselves. But, DON'T CURSE! That's all we ask! It's not needed. Go ahead, create a sensitive subject, get the fans interested, make competitors think they need to up their game, but you don't have to be a cocky a hole about it. There, I said it. You do that anywhere else, and by God I assure you it won't fly.

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 04:01AM
First I wasn't there, strictly going on what I've read in these comments, If Simon cursed an used the Lord's name in vain, HOW STUPID !!! The very one he cursed is the very one that has blessed the Simon Family with the success in life to be able to do what they do !!! The very one that provided can very well take it all back --- to me that's not very smart !!!! It's one thing to be passionate about a win and a sport you love but cursing is not needed in a family sport !!!!

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 07:41AM
If you're so worried about preserving this "family" sport then you should be raising hell about some of these names of these pullers. Might as well start a picket sign protest whenever the "Billet Steel and Sex Appeal" and "Last Minute/Cheap Hooker", trucks and the "Saturday Night Hooker", "Slutty Allis", "Little Red Hooker" so on so on tractors show up to a pull. While we're at it, let's round up all the Honkin' Donkey "We Haul ASS!" shirts floating around out there and burn them on sight! All to protect the sanctity of tractor pulling!!!

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 08:45AM
Either some of you have a very selective memory or you simply aren't old enough to know what being cocky or outspoken is in this sport!! Simon's are choir Boys ( no disrespect) compared to what being "cocky" or "outspoken " was like when the Man from Florida used to pull. The ironic thing is I write this comment standing in the man from Florida pits right now at a drag race!!!!
Rivalries, cockyness, flamboyant, brash and outspoken people sell tickets and puts butts in the stands!! Does names like Mohammad ali, Dennis Rodman ring a bell??

This sport has tried to sell itself on the "competition " factor for decades and with today's society that simply isn't enough anymore! Today's society wants drama, smack talk and controversy! This sport has many great personalities that needs to be exploited and I think Simon's are smart enough to see the void and stir the pot!
Maybe us fans need to help create rivalries to help bring excitement to this sport. Little smack talk amongst fans surely can't hurt a damn thing and just maybe breath knew life into this sport?
By the way if you don't know whom I speak of being" the man from Florida" then you don't know the history of this sport!

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 09:00AM
Disorderly conduct.

(1)  Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud (PA system) or otherwise disorderly conduct under circumstances in which the conduct tends to cause or provoke a disturbance is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 04:56PM
Which in the totality of all American sporting events has been charged, prosecuted, and convicted a grand total of never.

Look, I'm not condoning flagrant vulgarity, but the trash-talk and occasional gratuitous usage is great. Especially if you're turned off by it. Everyone LOVES a hate-watch. Reality TV anyone? The biggest smash hit in motorsports right now is No Prep Kings. As a racing genre, I don't care for it, but there is ZERO doubt that the personality-driven aspect of it works and works very well.

CP

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 08:36PM
"But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37 (Jesus speaking)

Re: Simon May 27, 2023 12:05AM
cpr
Which in the totality of all American sporting events has been charged, prosecuted, and convicted a grand total of never.

CP

Never?

ANN ARBOR, MI - Saturday night’s Michigan-Michigan State game saw the most activity for University of Michigan police on the season.

There were a pair of arrests, a citation for disorderly conduct and 40 fans ejected during the Wolverines’ 29-7 victory over the Spartans, according to numbers provided by the University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security.

Re: Simon May 27, 2023 06:59AM
Proves my point. Fans ejected and arrested, not players.

CP

Re: Simon May 27, 2023 08:15AM
cpr
Proves my point. Fans ejected and arrested, not players.

CP

All your proving is you keep moving the goal post. you said it never happened.

You never said (players) until now.

No one is above the law, and your PA system, does not stop at the fairgrounds fence.

Attitudes like yours, is why tracks get shut down.

Have a good day.

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 01:55PM
There are lots of pullers from Florida that used to pull, what particular one are you talking about in this particular post?

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 03:27PM
Chris Holdorf for $1000.00 Alex.
Florida Cracker.

Re: Simon May 26, 2023 04:28PM
“When you can’t see, just give it” right after he blasted about ten feet out of bounds. One of my all time favorite pulling memories. My dad and I still talk about it every year on our way to Tomah. Loved watching that guy pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,765, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason