NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 04:17AM
The NTPA has decided to allow the 4.1 Limited PS to run in the 5.0 PS class effective immediately. Great decision.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 04:21AM
I like the decision, but curious why LP and SF still cannot.

CP

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 05:19AM
And curious at the timing of the announcement just days before the first Region II hook for them in Morely, Mi. Did they get cold feet about numbers?

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 05:31AM
Looks like there are only 3 or 4 signed up for regional points.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 05:55AM
Brent Yaron
Looks like there are only 3 or 4 signed up for regional points.

Brent, where do you go to see this information? Thanks.

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 06:44AM
I have access to the entry program through working for the WTPA

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 04:57AM
Do we know who all actually will be running a 5.0 tractor?

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 08, 2023 01:44PM
If they didn’t have box chargers I’d would be switching tomorrow. From what I have seen on dyno 5.0 is 3300ish ho and 4.1 is 2500ish hp?

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 10, 2023 03:12PM
Why does everyone hate the box charger rule? We run an outlaw prostock (5.0 pro) and love the class. You don't have to buy 4 different turbos a year and aren't blowing the turbos up because the housing is set to not over spin them. Why wouldn't you want to make 800 more horsepower for not a lot more money? Think the 4.1 class is great not dogging at it at all just get tired of classes with less power dog on the 5.0 prostocks cus it's level playing field on the turbo and they can't go buy the latest greatest turbo for the same money as our turbo to make 25-50 horse more than what they had.

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 11, 2023 05:48AM
He don’t like box chargers bc he likes blowing money and prolly can’t drive so he wants to win with money/hp instead of setting your tractor up right to win and you have to drive better and perfect setup when everyone is on the same playing field

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 11, 2023 06:01AM
Or I feel like it’s a feel good cookie cutter rule. Some of us actually build our stuff and go extra mile to make more power.

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 11, 2023 11:44AM
Every single turbo class is a cookie cutter! Just how it is!

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 11, 2023 12:39PM
Well you give a good example of what I just said instead of driving or setup hey I’m gonna modify my turbo so I can beat everyone with a little extra hp or so I thought. The whole reason for a box turbo is to stop you from doing something illegal an your not going to build a 5inch charger in your garage that’s going to out do someone with all the testing capabilities as the manufacturer example (Wimer) unless you sneak something into or do something to your personal built turbo.

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 11, 2023 03:50PM
I personally think people are ruining the single turbo classes because they aren't box turbo classes. The 466 or super farm class was supposed to be starter class but instead of people moving up classes when they want to make more power they vote to open up the rules and spend more money buying turbos n blowing up parts on the dyno to chase 15 horse power. Some people do move up and that's the right thing to do so I commend them people. You want to have innovation or no limits on turbos and love buying turbos sounds like you should build a diesel super and personally that's the top of the ladder so I hope you get there but build up to that instead of making your single turbo class about who can spend the most money and time on the dyno. Make all single turbo classes box turbo n make it a ladder to climb if you want more HP.

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 12, 2023 01:53AM
Outlaw prostock
I personally think people are ruining the single turbo classes because they aren't box turbo classes. The 466 or super farm class was supposed to be starter class but instead of people moving up classes when they want to make more power they vote to open up the rules and spend more money buying turbos n blowing up parts on the dyno to chase 15 horse power. Some people do move up and that's the right thing to do so I commend them people. You want to have innovation or no limits on turbos and love buying turbos sounds like you should build a diesel super and personally that's the top of the ladder so I hope you get there but build up to that instead of making your single turbo class about who can spend the most money and time on the dyno. Make all single turbo classes box turbo n make it a ladder to climb if you want more HP.
Too bad more people don’t think like you. You have a very good perspective on the whole situation

Re: NTPA rule change in the 5.0 PS class June 12, 2023 02:52AM
Agreed 100%
The small organization (SCWTP) that I’m part of has three turbo classes, all of them having a box turbo rule. I feel it’s the future of pulling at the lower levels

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason