FloRacing July 14, 2023 12:14PM
What is up with floracing sound, you can everything except the tractor going down the track. Awful

Re: FloRacing July 14, 2023 12:22PM
Yes i could care less about the announcer voice coming in so clear. What a waste of money.

Re: FloRacing July 14, 2023 11:54PM
atractor
Yes i could care less about the announcer voice coming in so clear. What a waste of money.

It is usually much better than last night's broadcast. I sent them an email during the first class, and their response was they were having an issue at the track and were working on it. By the end of the last class, it was a little better. Flo is still new to tractor pulling. The more they do it, the better it will get.

The dirt track roundy-round broadcasts are exponentially better than they were in 2020 when I first started watching those.

Re: FloRacing July 14, 2023 01:07PM
It is usually better than tonight’s show.

Re: FloRacing July 14, 2023 02:20PM
Outlaws live steam has went to crap this year, camera man is more interested in following someone off the track after it’s pulled than another tractor going down the track! I figured it would go to crap after I heard who took it over. I’m about ready to drop my subscription.

Re: FloRacing July 14, 2023 03:21PM
Who took over??

Re: FloRacing July 14, 2023 06:18PM
Beer Money guys. It’s getting better but still nothing to ride home about

Re: FloRacing July 15, 2023 12:12AM
To outlaw fan yes, we had to make a change this year because our other team leaders moved to New York, the BMPT team stepped up and was willing to give it a try, they are still still learning every week and I think they are doing a great job, but thank you for the constructive criticism. I’m sure that is something they will talk about and decide what is best shots for our viewing fans

The best camera angle for a pull July 15, 2023 01:04AM
This isn't specific to flo, just a general observation. Go to youtube, type in "Tomah 1990", "Tomah 1994," or "Tomah 1995." D2 Tractor Pulling Videos channel.

This imo is the absolute best vantage point to show a pull because it is the view as a fan in the stands would see it. Not every venue could accommodate this (these were shot from the stands), but for long standing pulls like Bowling Green, it would be great if they could have a platform with this type of elevated view near the finish line, ie- a crows nest view from somewhere around 300-350'; the nice thing about quality cameras is they can also zoom in for closer shots if needed.

Any broadcast or stream of a pull is good, but even with cameras on a boom near the track, sometimes we don't get a great perspective on how far the puller actually goes with the lower camera angles.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2023 01:06AM by The Original Michael.

Re: FloRacing July 15, 2023 12:42PM
Seeing them having a lot of technical difficulties with the Henry, IL pull tonight. I'm just going to point out that everything is streamed from the track to the Flo servers, then to the viewers. If the internet service at the track (sporting event in general) is poor quality, the entire broadcast will be poor quality.

Re: FloRacing July 16, 2023 09:21AM
PDT
Seeing them having a lot of technical difficulties with the Henry, IL pull tonight. I'm just going to point out that everything is streamed from the track to the Flo servers, then to the viewers. If the internet service at the track (sporting event in general) is poor quality, the entire broadcast will be poor quality.

That's a huge challenge for pulling in general - connectivity for good data from "remote" rural locations. Compounding signal issues is pressure from thousanda of smart phones. Hopefully Starlink will continue to improve and be a viable option in the future for streaming purposes.

Re: FloRacing July 16, 2023 12:58PM
Bryan Lively

That's a huge challenge for pulling in general - connectivity for good data from "remote" rural locations. Compounding signal issues is pressure from thousanda of smart phones. Hopefully Starlink will continue to improve and be a viable option in the future for streaming purposes.
Huge challenge. I started subscribing to FLO in 2018 for college hockey. 2020 I started watching dirt track racing. Every year, the broadcasts get better. The hockey arenas and race tracks have all made investments to improve their bandwidth on their end. It's a fairly easy investment for a venue that streams an event every week. It's a lot bigger pill to swallow for a fairgrounds that hosts one or two events a year.

The biggest knock I have on Flo is when replaying events. The only saved recording of the event is on the Flo servers. If a venue has internet issues, those issues are still present when trying to watch the replay.

Re: FloRacing July 16, 2023 02:17PM
I don't believe it is on the fairgrounds to cover that. It's on Flo
They have their schedule for the year and advance teams should be scouting that situation. I subscribe to Flo, not insert county fair name here.

CP

Re: FloRacing July 17, 2023 12:11AM
cpr
I don't believe it is on the fairgrounds to cover that. It's on Flo
They have their schedule for the year and advance teams should be scouting that situation. I subscribe to Flo, not insert county fair name here.

CP
Flo is the streaming service. They don't do anything onsite. From what I've learned from the hockey side, the event is responsible for all aspects until it reaches the Flo servers. That's cameras, camera operators, announcers, microphones, mixers, producers, etc. Once it reaches their servers, Flo then takes over distributing to subscribers.

Re: FloRacing July 17, 2023 12:45AM
I didn't know that. Makes it tough to have consistency of product that way.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520