NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 03:20AM
The NTPA has a new web site. The one thing that I don't care for that the results are listed by alphabetic order when it would be easier to navigate if results were listed by the date of the event. And I couldn't get the " most recent event " to work at all.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2023 03:47AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 04:21AM
you can sort by all the tabs at the top Event, Start Date, State, City, Level, or Circuit

Re: NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 09:50AM
When I click the schedule on Android phone, the colored tabs at thr top are microscopic and I cannot enlarge them. Design flaw.

Why do this now? Why not launch after the season?

Edit- Nothing will enlarge, at least on an Android phone. Results need a microscope to see. How could someone pay a developer for a new website and overlook such a common thing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2023 03:32PM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 01:18PM
I don't like it. Someone thought it was a good idea. It will grow on us with time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2023 03:31PM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 02:30PM
Has anyone reached out to the NTPA about what you found and suggest what changes they could make?

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 03:36PM
I don't like the results Not listed by date

Re: NTPA new web site August 28, 2023 10:52PM
You can click on the date column and it will sort by date.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 28, 2023 10:53PM
I've only looked at it on a desktop, but I like it. I can easily sort results by using any of the tabs at the top and the schedule is in a much better format than before. I prefer the list view, but the calendar view is also an option for those that prefer it. I have not tried looking at the site from an Android or Apple phone but I am happy with the desktop version.

Re: Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 29, 2023 12:33AM
My android phone works perfectly. I can zoom in and find everything. They could have fixed the issues others are having. Seems easy to navigate.

Re: Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 29, 2023 12:46AM
New website is 100 times better

Re: Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 29, 2023 01:22AM
It does not allow zooming for my Android on either Chrome or Firefox.

Re: Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 29, 2023 01:31AM
Apple > Android Cool

Brent Yaron

Re: Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 29, 2023 01:31AM
Apple > Android Cool

Brent Yaron

Re: Desktop Version Works Well for Me August 29, 2023 03:34AM
Still not able to enlarge on my phone, android.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

The new NTPA website is terrible August 29, 2023 04:58AM
I'm trying to find results from BG and it's almost impossible. How do they manage to do everything wrong every time. Just amazing. I know others Say that they are not having any problems, well good for them. I am. The goal should always be to make things better not worse. And STOP listening the pulls alphabetically, list by DATE. Come on this is pretty basic stuff.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2023 05:01AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: The new NTPA website is terrible August 29, 2023 05:28AM
So it's "not your job to tell NTPA what needs fixing" with their website but you come on here to tell everybody else what needs fixing.....gotcha. So tell me why this website exists if it's not our job to give helpful insight and everything is supposed to be perfect from square one.

Re: The new NTPA website is terrible August 29, 2023 05:30AM
This forum is basically an opinion page, this is my opinion. You also can use this page to express your opinions. What I don't need is someone to tell me that my opinions are wrong, they are my opinions.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2023 05:35AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: The new NTPA website is terrible August 29, 2023 06:04AM
You didn't answer my question. If it isn't any of ours job to give insight and everything is supposed to be perfect from the start, why does this website exist? Nobody said you can't give opinions, it's a free country. It's okay to have a debate sometimes instead of jumping to conclusions.

Re: The new NTPA website is terrible August 29, 2023 10:57PM
Users can sort by date or any of the other headings at the top of the results page by clicking on them. I understand this may not be working for you (maybe you've tried it already), but it works that way on a desktop.

Re: The new NTPA website is terrible August 31, 2023 10:47AM
Not a fan.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 05:06AM
Dick, we all know you hate the NTPA. Instead of Bashing them right off the bat ask for input/help from the rest of the group. Bashing the guys that like it instead of asking for help is a great idea. Everything new takes some refining and learning, like Brent said did you reach out to them to offer your input?

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 05:20AM
I don't hate the NTPA, I care about pulling and the NTPA product falls under that category. So don't tell me who/what I think. And it's not my job to call the NTPA to tell them to fix their website. It should have been right BEFORE they launched it. If you want to pretend that everything is great with pulling well good for you, I choose to address issues that need ( in my opinion) fixing. And who do you suggest that I call to help me figure out the website. I just called a friend to see if he had any better luck than I did and he had the same issue's.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2023 05:24AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 05:48AM
To you it's not right, but to other it is. Remember it's your opinion. If you go to their website they have a great tab called "Contact" that lists all phone numbers of the office staff. Maybe try that to start.

Brent Yaron

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 06:23AM
I think this new website is great! Super easy to navigate through the results page. You can filter by state, level, and circuit while also being able to sort those results by event name, event date, and city. The standings tab is also very nice with direct links to the results page for all of the pulls in the series, you can even click on whichever vehicle you want to see more stats and info on how they placed throughout the year.

The schedule tab could use some more filtering capabilities to filter by class and maybe state in which the pull is held in but I like that you can toggle between a list view and a calendar view. It is also nice that if you click on an event that already happened there is a link to the results.

Maybe just learn how to use it before bashing it.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 06:30AM
I am glad that is working well for you. Are you on an iPhone,, Android or a PC?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 07:15AM
I tried it on my iPhone and computer and it works good on both.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 07:28AM
The site works well on my laptop, however on my android phone it's not good. And unfortunately I don't carry my laptop in my pocket as I do my cellphone.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 07:29AM
Still working for me.

I am on an android OS, Motorola phone, and Samsung internet app. My Samsung internet app transferred over from one of my my old phones. Didn't realize this till I checked on the app just now.

Hopefully it's a simple glitch to fix for the people that are experiencing it. Site seems easier to navigate than before.

Beer

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 09:22AM
The site works great for me. It definitely needed an upgrade. Wasn't hard to figure out how to change the sorting by date, alphabetical, or state order... I really like it, thank you NTPA for listening to previous posts asking for an updated website! The only thing I wish they had under the competitors tab is member bio section showing off the drivers and there rides, or at least the pre commits like WTPA does. Maybe its there and I have not found it yet.

Dick, you can complain all you want here. If the NTPA does not know it is broke or something is not working how can they fix it? Friends are great but you come on here condemning the NTPA before you ask how it works or if anyone else is having the same issues. You asked who you should reach out to I am pretty sure I told you " Instead of Bashing them right off the bat ask for input/help from the rest of the group" You have an entire forum you run here to ask but you chose to complain because NTPA screwed it up again in your eyes. The guys were giving advice on how to sort and that it was working for them and you boohooed them instead of asking for more input.

"It should have been right BEFORE they launched it." You've obviously never built a website or worked for a large organization creating a new one. Sometimes bugs are found and worked out after the go live but they need to know about them before they can fix it...

"If you want to pretend that everything is great with pulling well good for you, I choose to address issues that need ( in my opinion) fixing." I am not pretending everything is great, I am also not bashing an organization for trying to make it better without letting them know that something is wrong with there website. That is the part that is not great about our sport and causes issues in all organizations we all like to go off at the drop of a hat without talking about, thinking about, or asking questions about changes.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 09:29AM
The NTPA, PPL and Outlaws monitor all social media. If you don't believe that they are looking at this site along with others then I would be very surprised. And if they aren't then why worry?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2023 09:30AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 01:03PM
Dick, you’re catching a lot of flack on here but I have to say I agree with you 100% on this new site. I was quite frankly appalled when I saw what greeted me when I booted the website up a few days ago. The whole thing looks completely amateur compared to what was in my opinion a sleek, organized website. For the time being it looks like they’ve done away with archived results/standings and event lineups (if I’m wrong I’d love for someone to guide me to where to access these features). You didn’t need to be insanely computer literate to easily browse the old site so the point of making the site easier to navigate as others have mentioned seems irrelevant to me. Overall in my opinion the new site looks completely unprofessional and they honestly oughta demand a refund from whoever they hired to design this new site

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 03:13PM
Old man yells at cloud - that has to be one of funniest things I’ve seen on here in years!

Thank you Grandpa Simpson.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 02:20PM

Two quick things:

First, if my father had to call the NTPA with every complaint he'd never get off the phone with Gregg Randall! Just Kidding. I agree with my father about the NTPA reading this. They all read the page. They will see this and I'm sure their web designer is already working on a solution to some of the issues.

Second, I like the new design. Has it got glitches? Absolutely. Are there some odd choices with sorting of results? Yep. Sorting by date seems much more logical to me. If the schedule was done alphabetically I'd laugh at that decision too. Will they get worked out? Most likely. The timing of the website launch seems poorly chosen but sometimes that's just how things workout.

Sidenote: formatting a website so it works well on every device is becoming increasingly difficult. Trying to make a webpage that looks good on a phone, laptop, desktop, and even a smart TV is a huge task. That's just getting formatting to fit those different size screens and getting fonts to work well on everything. Now factor in the different manufactures of hardware (Sony, Samsung, LG, Kyocera, Apple, HiSense, etc...), different operating systems (IOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV, etc...), different versions of operating systems (Android 14 is now in beta, IOS is up to 16, Windows is up to 11, not to mention the operating systems on the TVs... and you still need to make a website backwards compatible with older operating systems), different browsers (again backwards compatibility is still necessary, and the choices here are endless... but you should use Brave as your browser!). All that to say, it's no easy task to make a website. I'm continuously redesigning this page to make it more phone/tablet friendly. Hopefully some day all of you will get to see that redesign, but for now it's still too glitchy to make it public. (Yes, I hate looking at my own page on my phone just like all of you hate the format on your phones too, so yes, I'm aware and I'm working on it.)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NTPA new web site August 29, 2023 02:49PM
That's the best. Sure it cost you your Inheritance, but good stuff.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA new web site August 30, 2023 08:53AM
This new web page is something else, and it’s not good! How do you see the class list for the events? The stupid calendar with the date and event but nothing else. Goto the list and click on it and sends me back to the calendar!

Re: NTPA new web site August 30, 2023 10:52AM
there is a pull tonight acoording to the website but i dont see anything about which classes or starting time or anything

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 12:49AM
If in calendar view, did you actually click on the event? It'll tell you everything. Even a weather report link.

CP

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 01:25AM
cpr
If in calendar view, did you actually click on the event? It'll tell you everything. Even a weather report link.

CP
Yes I did click on it. I’m doing it from an iPhone, maybe it won’t work that way with it

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 01:30AM
That works this morning, could of been my phone or internet service not cooperating

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 02:32AM
I do agree that the mobile experience leaves a lot to be desired. The no-zoom android thing affects me, too.

CP

Re: NTPA new web site September 01, 2023 12:27PM
No lineups?

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 10:10AM
I had the same trouble clicking on the Calendar date previously. it works now. And I still can't on this site on my ph. or older laptop.

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 10:40AM
To zoom with an android phone, there is a workaround. I use chrome as my browser. In the upper righy hand corner I tap the three dots to get a drop down menu.
There is an option to view the page as a desktop site, click on that and you will be able to zoom in on the page without issue.

Re: NTPA new web site August 31, 2023 04:09PM
This does work.

CP

Re: NTPA new web site September 01, 2023 05:51AM
i cant get any results after august 20

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 09:25AM
We hope you’re enjoying several of the updated features at the all-new NTPAPULL.com.

Unfortunately, there have been unanticipated issues related to moving the Results and Standings database from the old site to the new site.

As a temporary workaround until we can get these issues resolved, below please find links to the Grand National and Regional National championship and Enderle Pull-Off standings. They have been maintained throughout via the old website and will be updated here for as long as this situation persists.

We appreciate your patience as we try to bring you an improved online Championship Pulling experience.

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 10:09AM
I dont see the links

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 12:44PM
wow, just goes to show you how behind the times the NTPA is. Simple
website updates now with glitches in 2023? Is it 1998 again? whoever’s in charge of this should be reassigned or find a new job. no results, no
lineups, no facebook posts. It’s like the season ended after bowling green. Pathetic!!!!!!

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 01:04PM
But building a website in a new programming language and migrating a database over to the new site isn’t as easy as you think it is.

I’m not an NTPA nut swinger by any means, but it’s a lot harder than opening a quart of IH 30 weight and dumping it into the motor. Maybe cut ‘em a little slack.

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 01:22PM
Agreed. BTW, zooming on Android mobile is fixed.

CP

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 01:57PM
No. It's not fixed

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 01, 2023 04:01PM
Don’t worry we now have back keyboard web developers on top of the keyboard pullers, keyboard promoters, and everything else.

Brent Yaron

Re: NTPA new web site notice September 02, 2023 02:23PM
It’s not easy doing the changeover transferring all the data. Hence why doing this in the last couple weeks of the points battle where pullers and fans are both trying to get lineups and see points and do calculations during the event. Contracts and other things likely brought this on I’d have to guess, but “wow” the timing of this is terrible. This is off season type of change.

Re: NTPA new web site September 02, 2023 02:51AM
Seems to be going pretty poorly. A solution in search of a problem and isn't working

Re: NTPA new web site September 02, 2023 10:10AM
I just looked at the NTPA results page and they are now listing their events by date rather than alphabetically. Also the recent results page is working well. Looking forward to seeing the site up and running completely.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA new web site September 02, 2023 10:45AM
I bet (pun intended) that if you go to Full Pull Bets you be able to get up to date results...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520