4.1 9500 October 04, 2023 11:54AM
Heard rumors about the class switching to components soon? About when??

Re: 4.1 9500 October 04, 2023 11:07PM
Sorry to say this, but when they switch to component they should also switch to a 5" charger and completely eliminate the 4.1" class. We don't need a 4.1 and a 5.0 that are both component chassis classes.

Sadly, knowing how this sport loves to create new unnecessary classes they will probably make a 4.55" component class for a few guys that want more power than a 4.1 but don't want to step up to the 5.0 class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 05, 2023 12:53AM
Wait till you find out about this component 5.0 class that isn't the same as the 5.0 component class you're thinking about Jake Spinning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2023 12:53AM by lil' 1456.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 05, 2023 02:08PM
lil' 1456, why do we need to "Wait"? Start educating us now.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 05, 2023 10:39PM
Alrighty then, have a seat my children *WHACKS CHALKBOARD WITH A STICK*
ONE - Light Pros are Limited to 5" inlets
TWO - PPL Silver Series Light Pros allow Components
Thank you for attending my lesson on new component 5.0 classes. You are now excused.

- Collin Birkholz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2023 10:40PM by lil' 1456.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 01:03AM
Okay Collin, I have a serious question for you. On average, what percentage of rules that get passed hurt the class instead of benefitting the class? How many pullers that are pushing for rules changes are still running that class 5 years later? How are some of these rules that getting passed?

Back to the 5.0 component class that isn'e the same as the 5.0 component class. Someone told me years ago, "You build for the class you want to run". I feel like that has gone away. I seams like pullers are in a class and want a little more, so it becomes the classes problem to accomadate them. When in reality, they should be building for the next class they want to run. Just my 2 cents

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 01:17AM
How many pullers that are pushing for rules changes are still running that class 5 years later?

That question you asked may be the best one ever asked about this subject. Likely no one knows, but I reckon it would be very revealing.

CP

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 02:49AM
Thanks Collin for your explanation. I get it. It is a tangled mess of what NTPA vs. PPL allows in Light PS.
I asked Mears mid-season how many Lgt PS components were built? None. Planning to be built. He was not aware of any.
So the difference between a component Lgt PS 5.0 turbo inlet is a 4.5 exhaust with 540 cubes and 8500(?) lbs .
Whereas NTPA Region only 5.0 PS component is 5.0 turbo inlet by 5.37 outlet with 680 cubes, at 10,000 (?) lbs.
2 distinct classes. But too many announcers will be confused just like they are when the Lgt PS and Lim (4.1) PS are combined into 1 class in certain organizations.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 03:11AM
If you want to grow the classes,.... allow components . If you want to protect the current class participants, then don't allow components. It's really that simple of a decision.for the associations to make. All this indecisiveness just keeps potential new competitors on the porch.....which is detrimental to everyone. The bottom line is that if the associations would agree to get together and make their decision about chassis types,.... then the current competitors that are against components will have three choices 1. Quit or run SF (SF should be AG chassis forever) 2. Continue competing with their current vehicle. 3. Build a component if they think that's the answer.

Harsh reality is never pleasant,.....but refusing to adapt and change is never progress.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 04:11AM
So why did the non-component classes grow so fast this past decade? There are way more Light Pros and 4.1's than Prostock now. There are way more Light Limited Supers than Light Supers... probably more Light Limited Supers than both light and heavy diesel and alcohol superstocks.

Harsh reality is never pleasant, but the component classes are NOT the classes that have been growing the past decade.

Also, change is not always progress...

Last but not least, What happens when Superfarm cross the 2000hp mark? Should they stay AG chassis forever?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 06:28AM
Jake Morgan
So why did the non-component classes grow so fast this past decade? There are way more Light Pros and 4.1's than Prostock now. There are way more Light Limited Supers than Light Supers... probably more Light Limited Supers than both light and heavy diesel and alcohol superstocks.

Harsh reality is never pleasant, but the component classes are NOT the classes that have been growing the past decade.

Also, change is not always progress...

Last but not least, What happens when Superfarm cross the 2000hp mark? Should they stay AG chassis forever?

1. If SF is close to 2000HP then why do they still sound the same,... and push the smoke the same as they have for years?

2. Why did cast classes grow faster than component classes the last 10 decade? Cast classes have less HP than current component classes,..... less HP on average costs less build . That creates more supply of competitors. Call Stinson or Engler and ask to be put on a list,.....and that list is a year or 2 out.

Harsh reality is that economy classes will ALWAYS grow more that high HP classes.  

Change is always progress,....just depends on what end of the spectrum your vantage point is...............

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 09:25AM

Because they are the so called economic alternative to the higher end classes that allow component chassis…..

Why is the 5” prostock class growing faster than the regular prostock? I can’t believe you even posted this Grinning

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 03:39PM

Why is the 5” prostock class growing faster than the regular prostock? I can’t believe you even posted this Grinning

What new 5.0s? All of them have come from somewhere else and new open Pros are still being built. This is false.

CP

Re: 4.1 9500 October 07, 2023 01:20AM
Nah there are more 5” pro’s being built than open pro’s. More new and more conversions. Not hard to figure out why.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 07, 2023 12:31AM
So why did the non-component classes grow so fast this past decade?

How many tractor salvage yards are in the Country? Drinking How many chassis fab shops??Smoking
Is it cheaper to build 1000 HP or 5000 HP???Hot

Re: 4.1 9500 October 07, 2023 01:13AM

Old chassis don't die, they get sold, parted out, and/or re-purposed for another class.

How many Light Pros are there that started out as a Diesel Super? Better yet, the Light Limited class in many places is a stroll down memory lane where those tractors were displaced from Light Super and some pullers didn't make the leap to a component.

Growth in the number of component chassis has, for a lack of a better term, a "trickle-down" effect, and you don't need a degree in voodoo economics to see that.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 04:57PM
I know of a component LtPro being built.

Re: 4.1 9500 October 07, 2023 02:48AM
I know of about 9

Re: 4.1 9500 October 06, 2023 07:11AM
avercusauto
Okay Collin, I have a serious question for you. On average, what percentage of rules that get passed hurt the class instead of benefitting the class? How many pullers that are pushing for rules changes are still running that class 5 years later? How are some of these rules that getting passed
In terms of components and future rules I'll just bump what I said a while ago...
[www.pulloff.com]
I can only speak on rule changes in the class I've participated in since 2016. The light pro class hasn't had a buncha HUGE rule changes from its conception but the turbo rule in 2019 I'd say more helped than hurt. The core group of pullers that were there in 2016 and went through rule changes are mostly still there as well. Maybe I'm mistaken on that from afar but it's just my vantage point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2023 07:14AM by lil' 1456.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,693, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520