supply pump ? January 25, 2010 03:35PM
I am looking for ideas for a fuel supply pump. What pressure and flow can the stock filters take? My injection pump is set at about 320cc. I was told if I wanted to get any more out of it that I would need something other than the stock supply pump and stock injection lines This is a stock looking Deere 4450 that runs about 2800rpm with a 3lm and bosch A pump. What is factory fuel flow for this tractor?

Thanks for any help.

Re: supply pump ? January 26, 2010 02:14AM
I used to have a similar set up. I replaced the stock mechanical pump with a Holley volumax simply because when we were running higher r.p.m. the fuel filters wouldn't take the increased pressure. The Holley was only around 15 lbs. (less than stock) but high volume.
I never noticed an increase or decrease in performance at around 300c.c. but solved the filter issue. I would try bigger injectors & lines & play with the timing a little at a time.

Re: supply pump ? January 26, 2010 02:31AM
surflow elect. sprayer pump 45psi 3.5 gallon a min..... i run two of them on my tractor with a p pump and open rpm.... they cost about $90....

Re: supply pump ? January 26, 2010 01:41PM
I allready have the larger injectors. At what point will I need larger fuel lines? Where do you get prebent stock looking fuel lines for a 4450?

Thanks

Re: supply pump ? January 26, 2010 03:06PM
Scheid diesel

Re: supply pump ? January 26, 2010 03:52PM
Doug told me to buy a mallory comp pump from jegs and plug the relief port. Run it at 45 psi.

Re: supply pump ? January 26, 2010 10:48PM
Call Columbus Diesel an talk to Chris about the lines. Use a shurflo pump, there is a company in GA thats reworking them so that they will work with diesel. THEY WORK GREAT!

Re: supply pump ? January 27, 2010 09:50AM
[www.systemacc.com] I believe the shurlfow 643 is the one you want for diesel fuel, as the 543 is for chemicals. You will have to run a different fuel filter as the stock will break if overpressurized. You can call Wade Jackson at Southern Kentucky Pulling Parts for a contact for the pre bent lines.

Re: supply pump ? January 27, 2010 12:24PM
THe guys in GA have one that I have used and alot of other guys have used for many years. I used it on a 540ci, 4.1 turbo. 1.8gpm at 65psi.

Re: supply pump ? January 27, 2010 01:33PM
Could U run the 941 or the 543 Pumps?? I don't know what the bypass looks like on the 643.. it would be nice to get more pressure out of that pump.. (not use the pump's bypass.) The 100 psi pump would be nice..

Re: supply pump ? January 27, 2010 01:37PM
You can get them either way. The 643 for compatability with diesel fuel, then either on demand or constant.

Re: supply pump ? January 27, 2010 01:43PM
Thanks.. but I only saw the one listed with 35 psi constant.. and the 60 demand listed for the 643 pump... Can't be too hard to get rid of the bypass or shim it to a higher pressure??? The other pump listed a 100 psi.. and we would always be below that pressure with the regulator..
Thanks..
Bryan

Re: supply pump ? January 28, 2010 01:30PM
i need a pump that will pump at 50psi or better. what do you guys suggest? phones numbers or websites would be appreciated. thanks very much

Re: supply pump ? January 28, 2010 10:43PM
That link i had posted above is for sure flow distributor in georgia. Call them tell them the flow and pressure you want for diesel fuel at 12vdc. They will have what you want if you want an electric one.

Re: supply pump ? 1-888-7867 January 28, 2010 04:50PM
call Columbus, they have the answer.

Re: supply pump ? January 29, 2010 12:24PM
Here is the phone # for the guys in Ga, talk to Art. 1-877-917-1199

dont mess with junk December 19, 2011 09:15AM
call harts diesel and get an enderle supply. you wont regret this decision. A little more money than the rest but well worth it. these are pumps made for pulling unlike the ones all the other shops are selling. They work great.

Re: dont mess with junk December 19, 2011 02:12PM
Just open the box today on my new wilmer fuel injection supply pump yes its a mechanical pump but its well worth the money I terid every electric pump out there but for the money under $700 I tell u look at these first before u buy anything

www.wulffpumps.com December 19, 2011 03:17PM
Why don't you call Ed Wulff @ Wulff Pumps? He will build you a single stage fuel supply pump or he can piggy back the supply on an oil pump. His stuff is alot better quality than the Avaiad's without the middle man mark up. He will also fix your Avaiad Pump if it is crapping out on you. Seen one on his bench the other day that belongs on a top GN SF tractor. Next time you see Young Blood or RLF take a look and see what pump is hanging on them....

Re: www.wulffpumps.com November 25, 2017 07:29AM
Got it right the first time!!
Why don't you call Ed Wulff @ Wulff Pumps? He will build you a single stage fuel supply pump or he can piggy back the supply on an oil pump. His stuff is alot better quality than the Avaiad's without the middle man mark up. He will also fix your Avaiad Pump if it is crapping out on you. Seen one on his bench the other day that belongs on a top GN SF tractor. Next time you see Young Blood or RLF take a look and see what pump is hanging on them....

Re: supply pump ? 1-888-7867 November 25, 2017 02:45PM
Web page doesn't work or is it wrong?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520