cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! February 28, 2011 06:46AM
cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow!

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! February 28, 2011 09:11AM
why is that ??

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 01, 2011 01:02AM
Because the letter and the form say after march 1st the price goes up.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 01, 2011 01:19PM
i have never received a membership form, so then what do you do?

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 08:14AM
Well, I would have to say that by raising the membership they can go after the other promoters and throw huge purses at events where they cannot get hooks. Or mabye they are just looking to give there members a reason to look elsewhere for points classes

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 08:38AM
That makes no sense to me at all!And whats wrong with throwing huge purses out there.About time someone did.Pullers can't keep doing this for nothing!Its raising the memberships anyway.There are cut off dates.Kinda like a bill.If you pay it on time you don't have to pay interest.These people have packets tp get out.It would p@$% me off to have a bunch of pullers join at the last minute.It's a hassle.But since you got it figured out maybe you should build your own org!

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 12:26PM
Good call

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 01:20PM
PPL could not lead its self out of a wet paper bag. It has been a follower from the beginning and continues to do so. Expense for a membership does not cost anymore than if you paid early are late. Just away to line the pocket of somelse beside the puller.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 01:34PM
Have any of you all looked at an Ntpa license agreement, heck they have three cutoffs for money. I don't guess any of the people posting above noticed those increases just the ppl on march 1. Personally haven't joined any of them this year too many family issues to worry about a bunch of travel. Maybe someone can explain but i always thought the cutoff dates were too encourage early membership so the organization could tell the promoters how many competitors were signed up for a certain class.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 01:40PM
If you didn't receive a membership form you can download from the PPL website

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 11:44PM
only champions tour forms are on website, not all classes are represented on website.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 01:47PM
Lets say everybody signs up at the early date. How does that give a promoter any idea who is going to show up for there pull in the middle of the summer when the membership was paid in December? In either case PPL or NTPA are just penalizing you for something that cost the same no matter the time in which you join. Heck if any anything they should pro-rate it for less because you are covered by insurance for a lesser amount of time.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 01:46PM
Mr "Goofy", your name and your post go very well together. If people like you were to run the pulling world, there would not be any pulling. Thank goodness you're not.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 01:53PM
Explain to me why it cost more to join in December verse March Love to Read. Does it cost you more to get car insurance in December verses March? Does it cost more to get a membership packet out more in December than it did in March?? Do not say the cost is in admin. fees because that is not true.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 02:06PM
Just out of curiosity, do you even have a horse in this race or any race?

Actually the cost of membership & insurance does not go up. What really happens is the person entering looses the "discount" for advance registration.

Actually it does cost the organization more to register the members when they wait! Instead of 2 people doing it over 4 months all the registrants send in at the same time so they have to hire 5 temps to get them processed and pay over time. So then it costs more.

Lets say the first pull is June10th and all organizations have a pull between June 10th and June 15th.
I have no idea how many members there are, but lets say 400.

Cost of membership never changes, so no one registers earlier, the 5th of June comes all 400 of those people send in their application on the 5th of June how many of them do you think will be processed by the first pull? How much work would it make in a short period of time, to process them all.

Another issue, insurance has to be purchased and in place by a certain date to have the pull ready to go. To purchase insurance the insurance company has to have an estimate on the number of pulls and the number of entrants for the year. By having people register early it gives them a better idea on the numbers.

Lets say you are running the organization, you do not like the discount for the early registration, so you do not do that. How are you going to get the memberships processed in time? Tell everyone that if they are not registered by April 1st they can not pull that year?

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 11:47PM
Question No. 1 Do I have a horse in the race?? Answer: Yes

Should it cost more to enroll at a later date no. Do they charge more for enrolling at a later date yes, but not because it costs an organization any more to do the work than it did in December.

Your statement that the want information is needed earlier is correct my argument is that it does not cost the organization anymore $$$. The organziation makes more money off of late entries.

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 03, 2011 02:00AM
Now, PP, don't be too reasonable here. It won't work because some people just don't understand reason. PPL and NTPA don't "raise" the license fees. They actually offer a discount for paying early, just like any business does. Ever heard of 2%-10, net 30, or 30 days same as cash, etc. There is not only the time factor as Policy Peddler has outlined, but also the matter of operating capital. If the organization can get people to pay early (by giving a discount), they won't have to borrow money to meet the "monthly expenses, i.e. rent, utilities, payroll, etc. Borrowing money costs money, so why not let the early payers get the money as opposed to paying out interest that the organization would have to pay the bank for the working capital loan. But then, some of y'all have glasses that are always "half empty". JW

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 02, 2011 02:20PM
Mr Goofy, don't try to understand, you don't understand now and you NEVER will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: cost of PPL membership goes up tomorrow! March 03, 2011 12:10AM
matt, are you planning to come run any empire state pulls here in new york?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520