Dropbox behind NV4500 March 29, 2011 10:05AM
Guys that have ran a Dropbox weather it be a profab or a SCS behind a NV4500 what have you used as a coupler? Both places werent sure how guys are doing it when i talked to them earlier today. IS there a direct coupler someone makes or sells or what are you running for a yoke on the backside of the trans? Was hoping to use the 4wd tranny, but I suppose if need be I could pick up a 2wd trans.

Re: Dropbox behind NV4500 March 29, 2011 11:31AM
i believe haisley machine makes some sort of adapter plate for the stock bell housing.

Re: Dropbox behind NV4500 March 29, 2011 12:00PM
swampy
i believe haisley machine makes some sort of adapter plate for the stock bell housing.

I dont need anything to bolt up to the bellhousing since im running a 4500 with the 4500 bellhousing. I need a yoke or a coupler to go from the output of the tranny to the input of the dropbox.

Re: Dropbox behind NV4500 April 07, 2011 09:21AM
You might try to contact Kent Crowder @ Scheid Diesel service in Lafayette, IN.
I know he was running a NV in front of one of larrys older dropboxes for a while.before they went to a reverser setup.
Honestly though, I think you will be better off with a reverser in the long run. The nv's long live long with big power and are quite expensive to repair.
Best bet is to get your final drive ratio where you want it while running fourth gear.

Chris Watson
Watson Motorsports
Batavia, OH

Re: Dropbox behind NV4500 April 09, 2011 02:02PM
Chris, Thanks for the response. IM currently swapping out my mainshaft and tail housing to a 2wd shaft and housing, then run a small shaft to the SCS dropbox. And yes i only plan to run 4th (direct Drive)

Re: Dropbox behind NV4500 April 10, 2011 05:13PM
Just run a short driveshaft between the two with a solid shaft cover to pass tech.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,849, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro