Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 06, 2020 03:51PM
Will the corona virus cancel the tractor pulling season?

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 06, 2020 05:12PM
Not a chance in hell. We've had cases of it up here in the midwest. It's just another strain of flu. See you at 300ft.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 01:54AM
It's a little known fact that the right combination of sunshine and diesel smoke kills the coronavirus. Won't be a problem.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 03:11AM
jake, you posted that pulling is just around the corner. in fact one of the largest indoor pull in our area is only 3 days away. the keystone nationals in harrisburg pa. how will this effect that pull? i know i'm going and i'm 74 yrs of age. i just have to be careful.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 11:25PM
Uber is what picks you up from the bar when you drink to much lol

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 01:54AM
Methanol and diesel fuel and beer will kill the Corona Virus. All the more reason everybody should go to as many pulls as they can this year.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 12:12PM
First, it's not just another stain of the flu, that's a false premise.

The death rate from seasonal flu is typically around 0.1% in the US
The current death rate from COVID-19 in is around 4.2% in the US
(The "official" global death rate for COVID-19 is 3.4%... and that's assuming China and Iran are telling the truth... that's also assuming Russia and the other former Soviet republic states are telling the truth.. I've been calculating the numbers for weeks now and it's remained consistent at 3.4% despite various news stories stating different official numbers.)
Italy which isn't some backwards third world nation currently also has a 4.2% death rate just like the US

If it settles in at 1% death rate (what some epidemiologists believe) that's still approximately 10 times more deadly than the flu.

The R0 (R-nought), the estimate for the average number of people who catch the virus from a single infected person:
The flu has an R0 value of approximately 1.3
COVID-19 has an R0 of approximately 2-3

Which means it's roughly twice as contagious as the flu.

Add those two things together... 10 times as deadly and twice as contagious... definitely not the flu.

The Australian National University used the lower of the numbers above and ran a computer simulation for the virus spread and it's economic impact. The low severity or best case scenario computer model estimated a global GDP loss of $2.4 trillion and an estimated death toll of 15 million people. Again, not the flu.
  • Should people panic? NO.
  • Should they bury their heads in the sand? NO.
  • Is this just media hype? NO. Infact the media didn't report on this much until the past two weeks but I've been following it for more than a month and it was impossible to get much data from the media for quite a while.
  • Is this Fake News? NO. This has been an ongoing issue in China for quite some time. infact the "19" portion of COVID-19 stands for the year that the virus was first detected, December 2019
  • Is this just someway to make Trump look bad/good/smart/stupid? NO. This isn't political in any way what so ever. No matter how both sides try to spin it it's not political. Whether the presidents response was perfect, too slow, too little, too much, etc... doesn't change any of the facts about the virus itself. Don't be a moron making this about Trump!

If this isn't contained or slowed it will impact almost everyone of us. Sporting events are already being canceled worldwide. There's already talk of Pro Sports like the NBA and NHL playing games in empty arenas if necessary (TV can still earn them revenue). Can pulling survive in an empty arenas? Hardly! Ask Tom M. how that went for the Vintage Tractor Pullers! Will fairs cancel this summer? If it continues to spread some will. Will some stand alone events get cold feet if this spreads? You can bet they'll consider it. Will it cancel the season? Maybe, probably not. Could it impact the season? It definitely has the potential to. The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

This could also put the world into global economic recession, so that might impact more than just our hobbies.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, but don't panic (and don't take health advice from an owner of a tractor pulling website... do you own research!)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 01:24PM
Jake you must have voted for Hillary. This nothing but a political stunt by the extreme left Democrats.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 02:10PM
So the extreme left democrats started a virus in Wuhan, China? Then the News ignored it for about 2 months? Right. Totally make sense. I assume you also believe the Earth is flat.

P.S: I didn't vote for Hillary and I'm not voting for Bernie or Joe either. Sorry but a virus isn't political, and only people with a shallow agenda would make it so.
P.P.S.: Italy is canceling tons of major sporting events... and banning fans from all sporting events in the country until at least April 3... obviously you think they must be in the pocket of the Democrats!
P.P.P.S.: On Feb 27 Japan closed all schools... affecting 13 million students. Closure will continue until the school year ends in late March... obviously you think they must be in Pelosi's backpocket!
P.P.P.P.S.: Huge Trump ally, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said...“Together with the Health Minister and the professional team, I have just completed another discussion on our handling of the corona crisis. I say ‘crisis’ but it must be understood that we are in the midst of a global pandemic. They do not call it this but this is the truth and it needs to be said."... “It could be that it is among the most dangerous of such pandemics in the past 100 years." clearly you think he's part of your vast left wing democrat conspiracy.

Again, I'm not saying this will kill everyone, but rather that it should be taken seriously and it is a real threat to many aspects of our life if it continues to spread. Do your research.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 02:49PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 01:15AM
l don't know and I have not studied enough but I would not be surprised if this was a Chinese retaliation that got out of control. One should never be surprised how far a commonist regime might go for control. That stated everyone should take precautions but this is will be overcome not every person that got affected has died so one can recover but it is simpler to not get. Somedays it just seems like a downhill drag but right now this episode is an uphill swing.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 02:46PM
Every one needs to wash their hands with SOAP and in my opinion, stay away from the Mexican beer.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 02:52PM
Look on a can of lysol ! Look on the bottle of vaccines for calves ! This is not something new ! Everyone needs to calm down , it’s been around for years

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 04:18PM
I'm not sure who's not being calm. Are you seeing something I'm not? Are people in your town panicking? Are people looting grocery stores near you? Are people writing all their comments in ALL CAPS on social media? Who's not being calm? America is pretty calm, it's not big here yet, were just talking about it now. The media in the US just seemed to notice it two weeks ago and now they're talking about it. There's no quarantines, there's no closures, there's nothing major yet. Hopefully there won't be. It doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare.

Maybe when you say calm you mean other countries. Counties that are getting hit hard, like Italy. They're taking extreme measures for a reason. Are they not being calm enough about it? Their measures have been rather extreme considering the media has been treating it like a cold or the flu. Italy is not canceling events and quarantining for fun. COVID-19 is killing people in their country and it's killing their economy. (which tells me there might be something more to it than meets the eye). If it was as simple as grabbing some cans of Lysol Italy wouldn't be taking the measure they are, they'd just go to the store and buy Lysol. I agree, stay calm, but don't stay uninformed, or unprepared (for you that's a can of Lysol... for others it might be more... or less preparedness).

I'm just sharing some facts and some interesting tidbits of information. I was a scientist at one point in my life... I'm not one anymore but I still like science and this has intrigued me since early January so I'm just sharing what I've gleaned from the numerous article I've read. If you don't like the facts... sorry I can't change them. If you don't like my hypothesis... where I said, strong words like 'might' or 'maybe' or 'potential' or 'if' that's fine. However when someone shares uninformed or false information I'll do my best to correct it. When new facts and information become available I'll also correct my own comments. It's the former scientist in me, I just hate bad data and bad data analysis.

Yes corona viruses have been around forever... just not this one. The extremely deadly but extremely well contained SARS outbreak of the early 2000's and the MERS outbreak were also corona viruses. We've known about various types for 50-60 years now. That's just not the whole story, this one was just discovered in December 2019. COVID-19 is a new strain, it's SARS-CoV-2. It has NOT been around for years in humans. It's never been seen in humans until December. It's already mutated once since it's discovery, there are now two strains, the "L type" and the "S type". The "L" being the more deadly strain. Researchers are warning that more strains may be coming. Hopefully they become less and less of a threat (the opposite is also possible) and hopefully it just fizzles out. Just to clarify your comments... also the effectiveness of Lysol in killing either of these two strains is not yet known, as Supertiquer mentioned, washing for 20 seconds with SOAP is the most effective way to clean your hands of viruses.

Back on topic... it does have the potential to change pulling this summer if it continues to spread unimpeded. Just something to consider for our summer hobby.. Remember, pulling season is a little ways away so alot can still change between now and then.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 04:27PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 07, 2020 06:34PM
Jake, -- I am with you, People do not like truth,this was serious from the git go, no one wanted to accept that,with all of us running to the urgent care for anti bio tics for a little cut or sniffle has weakened humans to a critical point.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 12:51AM
Thank you Jake, that's a nice synopsis of your research. I'm impressed you had time to do it!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 01:13AM
I agree that politicizing this is the wrong approach, it has nothing to do with politics other than how it's handled and even then not so much. When Trump asked for money to combat this thing all of the Democrats were up in arms about it not being enough so Trump just said if you (the money being controlled by Congress) think we need 8 billion I'll take 8 billion and that's what happened.

I'm wondering if the change of the season will have an effect on this virus like it does on most other sicknesses that normally occur much less during the warmer months of the year. I just read this morning that it seems to be having a much smaller impact in Singapore for two reasons one being their very diligent and the other being the hot humid weather.

S'no Farmer

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 01:49AM
very good point, spring usually helps rid us of most colds and flu, - but this is a new strain, most lively different in many areas of concern, it is warming rapidly. and so is fire season.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 01:26PM
Jake , after rereading your posts and watching the world news this morning, I want to apologize for my absent minded post earlier.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 02:45PM
Great information Jake!! I am only speculating, none of this is fact. I believe that the mortality statistic is high because there are many more cases that have not been tested. I think if we able to test more we would find this virus has Infected more than we have know. We do have the perfect storm for spread across the nation with the basketball tournaments happening soon. Here in Nebraska they found a positive case and the person was at a basketball tournament and possibly exposed people from other states. With March madness around the corner I think I would want to air on the side of caution and watch it on TV. No I am not a Democrat trying to slow our economy. I am proud to say I am a conservative Republican and I farm. I do not appreciate the value of my beef going down nearly 20% since the outbreak started. I'm simply stating that, if we are careless, the spread of this disease will be much worse

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 08, 2020 03:08PM
Thank you for being a voice of reason in this thread Jake. I was worried when I clicked on this and started to read. Thank you for presenting the facts and data in a very clear way. The only thing that can disprove good facts are better facts. Conspiracy theories prove nothing.

This is not a conspiracy planned by the Democrats, this is actually a serious issue. One we should keep an eye and take proper precautions, but nothing to freak out about.

That being said. NTPA or PPL probably will not cancel any events. It will be the fairs and independent events that will try to make the best choices for their attendees health and safety.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 11, 2020 05:51AM
Appears that Keystone is going on as scheduled as well as the NTPA event.

All the events can get canceled all they want, but let’s be honest. People are not going to just stay inside days on end if they have the ability to travel. I hope and pray this remains what I BELIEVE this is and will be eliminated before May. It’s much easier to keep people “contained” in colder weather, but once that sunshine and warm weather come along - forget it

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 02:17AM
In case anybody bothers about the situation in Germany (and it's getting worse by the hour):
We had no deaths yet (not counting one German who stayed in Egypt since February and died there).

The German Minister of health (a conservative) has just advised canceling any events with more than 1000 people for the next two months.
It's still up to the states / local authorities though to refuse permits, but they are in the process of actually banning spectators from Bundesliga soccer from this week on (and that's hundred thousands of spectators each weekend).
Just as I type, the first matches just got a spectator ban. They'll play in an empty stadion.

The problem they have here is not actually possible elderly death tolls (easing it for our retirement fond) but the fact app 10% of the infected need to go to intensive care on breathing machines and all. There is no capacity for that here if this gets just a little out of hand (and we have 7 hospital "beds" per 1000 people - the US has only 3).

Edit -- 2 dead now

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2020 03:44AM by Sascha.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 02:51AM
Sascha brings up an excellent point. If this gets even close to the predictions we are going to have people dying in hospitals here in the USA due to lack of access to vents. It easily has the potential to overload the system. You would not see big business reacting the way they are if this was being overblown by press. I work for a large multinational and we are on full travel ban, along with being advised to work from home when possible. Their insurance wont cover a pandemic so they are already in damage control mode. If you think this is some deep state pizza parlor Dem Chinese Soros Killary collaboration all designed to make Trump look bad you need to seek mental help immediately.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 07:06AM
On the plus side, if you need extra $$ to fund your pulling operations, go on a Clorox, Purell, or just any toilet paper you can find RUN and hoard it. People are going nuts for this stuff - a guy could build an unlimited mod if this continues!

SMH!!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 07:15AM
Just coming from the local grocery store - after it got into short supply last week, there were now PALLETS of it standing in the aisles... lol. Somebody was too slow.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 07:27AM
Here's where maybe I can add some actual context to why there is such a concern. The COVID-19 today is not a major concern. The number of cases, deaths, mode of transmission, latency period, incubation period...etc. are all being reported factually by the media for the most part and based on what we know today.

For those of you who believe in evolution the more the virus spreads the more likely it will mutate and the more likely it will become more virulent and deadly.

The idea today is to contain it, learn more about it and stop it from further mutation. The "common flu" mutates every year and new strains are found each year as it circles the globe. The flu is a pandemic and the hope is by being uber cautious with COVID-19 we can prevent yet another pandemic.

Nobody really knows the capability of the virus to mutate and become more virulent.

The "fear" is probably a mis-label. The idea is to contain and not have it become a pandemic.

An ounce of prevention (stop the pandemic from happening) is worth a pound of cure (yearly vaccines). Who the hell wants another flu, right? Stop it while you can. It maybe futile in the end but the short term economic loss and inconvenience is well worth the elimination of the long term economic costs...etc.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 09:29PM
Just read an article, that the usual flu outbreak (real flu - not the common cold) has a mortality of app. 0.2 %. The "Pig Flu" 2009/2010 hat 0.1 % mortality (and still killed 350 people in Germany).

This Corona currently is supposed to be slightly below 1 % (higher in countries with poor medical care), based on the results from South Korea, were intensive testing was done right from the beginning and the medical system is up to standard.

What worries me a bit:

Korea had 54 dead yet and roughly 7400 infected (They tested early on and many). The US has 26 dead yet and only 663 reported cases of infected people (coming to a 4 % mortality rate - which is unlikely) - and that means there must be between 500 to 3000 infected people roaming around nobody knows about.

Attached a current overview of the numbers in countries around the world.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2020 09:50PM by Sascha.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 09, 2020 09:47PM
stupid question on the side:
Über is the german word for "over". When you use it in the US.. does it mean "over" or "more than over" ?

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 10, 2020 02:22AM
Be ready! This is only the beginning. Prophecies of the Bible are playing out before our very eyes! Ya'll ain't seen nothing yet. A California city just put in place a ban on gatherings of over 1000 people. I believe it will eventually affect our sport of tractor and truck pulling. Trust in the Lord and receive him before it is too late!
B.R.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 10, 2020 05:02AM
Events with more than 1000 participants are now canceled in several German states, too.
The first two events of the season here are in one of those states. It was just announced, that the decision whether the Füchtorf event will be held is postponed until the 6th of April.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 10, 2020 10:32AM
The Arnold Schwarzenegger classic, held in Columbus Ohio canceled spectators from attendance. Only competitors were allowed to attend.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 10, 2020 11:20AM
You are EXACTLY RIGHT believer !!! Sign of the Times !!!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 10, 2020 12:44PM
More than over .. Like that tractor was Uber overweight

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 11, 2020 01:47PM
Just remember the date of April 19
A lot of events in our history have happened on this date and wouldn’t be surprised if it happens again
Be cautious of any mandatory vaccine

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 03:02AM
Hallo Sacha, Über in US means "Super". Example: "His tractor is Über Cool" "My girfrend is Über jealous"

you get the idea

Mike

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 07:59AM
Thank you!

NTPA Coronavirus Statement March 10, 2020 09:27AM
Well, here it is.....

[www.ntpapull.com]

NCAA banning all fans March 11, 2020 12:20PM
When the NCAA starts not having fans for March madness you got a think something going on. That's like millions of dollars being lost.

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 11, 2020 12:54PM
I wonder how much of a factor believing they will be subject to lawsuits if they go on as normal was in arriving at their "no fans" decision? It may be a virus to be taken seriously, but the media is churning this up for all they're worth. Won't be very much longer before the ambulance chasing lawyers want to get their piece of the action.

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 11, 2020 01:43PM
NBA just ended they’re season

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 11, 2020 02:39PM
No, suspended their season. Two different things.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 12, 2020 12:57AM
I think these latest actions will likely help to slow infection rate for the general public or keep it lower longer, but I think the gate was left open too long, and if we believe we can actually contain this virus and keep the infection rate below 10%, we are absolutely dreaming. The time to keep this virus in check was a week ago. It is too late to stop the spread now. Possibly it will be similar to the flu in the manner that it decrease as the weather warms. The only way to keep it from spreading is a total shut down of all travel and community gatherings, and I don't think that will happen. And I'm not sure we should try that. I think the spread is inevitable and we are only hurting our economy by trying to slow it. If the Strategy is to try to slow it until the weather warms and hope that it is similar to the flu, then maybe thes actions are the correct method. I just think it is a little late and the gate was left open too long
Jake, I always enjoy reading great information and facts. I would like to see an updated post from you and your take

Social distancing March 12, 2020 02:12AM
If you haven't seen this graphic yet... this is why events throughout the world are getting canceled:

I think most experts are resigned to the fact that we cannot geographically contain this virus anymore. So our best bet is to slow the growth as much as possible. I've seen numbers that state that the hospitalization rate for this virus is 12%. That number includes healthy adults and children not just the elderly. 12% is an absolutely huge number, it's a number that will completely overwhelm our medical system if that number proves to be true. It means that many more people will die of cancer, heart attacks, and tons of other issues because the hospitals will be too overwhelmed to adequately deal with anything. It also means that overwhelmed hospitals will have to prioritize patients and older patients may not get ANY treatment because they will be forced to put their resources into younger people. Slowing the rate of spread of the virus may keep hospitals from being overwhelmed (as long as they have the staff). These cancellations seem like overkill to some extent but the 12% hospitalization rate should cause everyone to pause and consider how serious this virus is... even if the initial survival rate is 96.6% (3.4% death rate).

I also think this graphic above is very misleading... the bell curves drop back down near zero. I'm not sure that's going to be the case with this virus. There's new evidence that suggest that we don't maintain any immunity. Meaning that after we rid our body of the virus, our bodies may also rid themselves of the antibodies. That means that there's the possibility that you can get reinfected right after you recover. (Some of the numbers that I've seen for the mortality rate after reinfection are truly scary). I'm not very confident in China's claimed recovery yet... I honestly don't believe many of the numbers out of China regarding this infection. I think the experts know this and that's why the push for the vaccine is paramount... before the virus mutates too much and the vaccine is ineffective against a new strain.

As a side note: I've seen some stats that say that most Republicans don't believe that this is a serious threat... most seem to think this is just media hype to get Trump out of office. I've seen this same attitude at my church in the past week (including last night at our Wed night groups). Since the majority viewers of this page are probably Republicans... please take this seriously, this is a global problem not just some media hype in the US. As I stated in my other posts, this is NOT just the Flu so don't treat it like it is! I think it's prudent for people to make appropriate preparations to socially distance themselves for some amount of time. Hopefully it doesn't come to that in the vast majority of our communities but I doesn't hurt to be prepared. Again, don't panic but if you haven't started making any preparations please consider making some.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2020 02:18AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Social distancing March 12, 2020 03:18AM
Not sure if the link comes through - as it's translated from german through Google.
It's an interview with Christian Dorsten, one of the guys who actually identified the SARS-CoV in the past, developed the first tests for SARS and now Corona.

He's quite reasonable (and a farm boy):

"We have a natural disaster that is happening in slow motion"

LInked there is an article about what's going on in northern Italy right now - which is one of the most properous areas on the planet, located right next to Switzerland - so not some poor backwater. NOT pretty...

"Coronavirus causes doctors to despair in Italy - decisions like in times of war"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2020 03:48AM by Sascha.

Re: Social distancing March 12, 2020 08:57AM
No offense but these two statements are medically contradictory.....

.1. There's new evidence that suggest that we don't maintain any immunity. Meaning that after we rid our body of the virus, our bodies may also rid themselves of the antibodies. That means that there's the possibility that you can get reinfected right after you recover.

2. I think the experts know this and that's why the push for the vaccine is paramount... before the virus mutates too much and the vaccine is ineffective against a new strain

If you don't retain the "antibodies" than a vaccine is useless.

Re: Social distancing March 12, 2020 11:33AM
I agree, I'm just stating what's being said. Only time will tell what's actually feasible. The information out there right now is very contradictory at times and there's just so much unknown about the virus. It's no wonder people are skeptical with what the media is saying... they've had a bad track record lately. A vaccine may not be permanent, it may need a booster at set intervals. I think there's also hope that they can develop a vaccine that stays in the system to continue to promote the growth of antibodies that can neutralize the virus. I'm not a virologist so I can't say what the plan is and I'm skeptical about many of the statements regarding a vaccine.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2020 12:18PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NBA March 12, 2020 02:35AM
Brent Yaron
No, suspended their season. Two different things.
Like when Presidential candidates "suspend" their campaigns? I think it's just a nice way to say cancelled now days. I know they're trying to be optimistic but they're going to have at least one team quarantined for at least 14 days, and most of the other team will probably halt practices. We're at the beginning of this outbreak... still at the very bottom of the bell curve I posted below, I don't expect them to finish out this season and I don't think the players/coaches do either. I'd expect the NHL to "suspend " their season if/when one of their players tests positive... if not before.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 12, 2020 03:02AM
I'm a 3 time cancer survivor,and insulin dependent diabetic,yes I got a weak immune system.more than likely I'll go to pulls this summer too.i usually try to avoid the doc/hospital,but now if I remotely think I'm coming down with something I'm not gonna try and be tough,I'm heading in to get tested.a lesson learned from past mistakes..lol

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 12, 2020 07:33AM
I was going to ask the same thing. I was wondering if you go the Keystone nationals this weekend and you get sick with this virus. Can they sue the promotors, sponsors and pullers. Because of all the other events stopping or limited people? Not sure but all the people looking to get rich quick could cause issue for the sport.

Re: NCAA banning all fans March 13, 2020 03:50AM
Can you get the virus from paper money,news paper,or mail.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 04:38AM
I've lived thru Mad Cow,Bird Flu,Swine Flu,Y2K,and about a dozen other things that were going to kill or ruin all of us..I'm sure not going to let this one bother me..I'm busy getting my pullers ready for the 2020 season..

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 09:34AM
It's dummies like you that will spread the virus because you are not smart enough to listen to the government warnings. Sure you lived through all those things but this is different. Do you really think that all these things are some hoax. Get smart for once in your life.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 09:57AM
David B speaks for me too.

And so it begins March 12, 2020 10:29AM
No spectators allowed at Cowtown showdown

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 10:47AM
David B
It's dummies like you that will spread the virus because you are not smart enough to listen to the government warnings. Sure you lived through all those things but this is different. Do you really think that all these things are some hoax. Get smart for once in your life.

So how do you know that this one is different from all the others? Because someone on the TV or the internet told you so...There are lots of fearmongers out there that want to see the US financially ruined..

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 11:43AM
Do they want to see Italy ruined too? Seems like they are getting hit extremely hard, and they've taken extreme measure to try and contain the virus. The country is essential shut down! Closed! Do you think they're faking it?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 02:56PM
88,000 alcohol related deaths annually in US! What's the government that cares so much about us doing about it??!!

Making tax money off of it, and most in Congress consuming their fair share of it!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 03:03PM
Fan 2
88,000 alcohol related deaths annually in US! What's the government that cares so much about us doing about it??!!

Making tax money off of it, and most in Congress consuming their fair share of it!
Not relevant to the virus discussion. If you want to talk about how alcohol impacts tractor pulling start a new thread! Any other posts that are way off topic will be deleted.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 03:17PM
All President Trump has to say is "Due to safety concerns the election will be postponed until 2024" and all this hullabaloo over this virus would end in less than 24 hours!!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 11:56PM
Jake Morgan
Do they want to see Italy ruined too? Seems like they are getting hit extremely hard, and they've taken extreme measure to try and contain the virus. The country is essential shut down! Closed! Do you think they're faking it?

The Democrats obviously paid off the Italian government. This was, of course, after those pesky Libs unleashed it in Wuhan...
BRB, going to finish listening to my marathon session of Alex Jones.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 01:43AM
Jake Morgan

This mess all started in China which is a Communist country that cares only about themselves...This is a country that not that many years ago ran over their own people with tanks..No matter what it takes they want to be the dominant world power...What better way to take control by financially ruining all the countries that they can..If this drags on very long the economic impact from this will be staggering...So far there have only been 40 deaths in the US..

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 02:48AM
I agree, I don't trust a single thing out of China. I don't trust their numbers, I don't trust their recovery, I don't trust their Government (or any Communist or Socialist Gov) and I don't think they care about their people, other than wanting to use them as slaves. I also don't trust their explanation of where this virus came from, and now their a spreading rumors that the US Army started this. China is not our friend.

I do trust the numbers from Italy, and it's not good. I'm hopeful that we don't get hit as hard as Italy, but so far our testing has been a failure, and that's been a factor in Italy as well. Hopefully we get testing on track and hopefully we can have drive-thru testing like S. Korea and then self isolate when we test positive to slow the spread, and minimize the impact.

As for our economy, this will have a huge impact. It won't just impact our economy though, it will send the world into an economic recession (if it gets worse, a global economic depression). It will have an impact on every country, including China. China needs some place to sell its cheap goods, if nobody is buying then it will kill their economy too (alread). It will also give Chinese products a stigma and we won't want to buy them. My one hope from this is that it makes us take a serious look at outsourcing (especially important things like pharmaceuticals where China owns us!).

Stop playing politics, wash your hands, keep calm and carry on.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 11:51AM
Jake, not trying to be smart or rude when I ask this, so please don’t take it as such...

Is that working? Are they truly seeing the virus slow? Or stop spreading? Or is this an inevitable situation that we’re just going to have to ride out and see where the chips fall? If it’s the 2nd, would we be better served to let our bodies be exposed and fight it off before it mutates into something stronger and more dangerous? I guess the thought that comes to mind is the old “chicken pox parties”.

Honest question...like I said. I’m not a medical person either. And I haven’t heard that proposed. Just asking based off of what is going on in Italy.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 12:34PM
The problem in Italy is, they got hit early and didn't react quickly enough and let it slide for a while and that's hurting them now.
I say it again (not to brag about the system here - this was probably pure luck): They've been keeping track and tested here since January and we so far and still only have 5 dead in 2000 confirmed cases of infections, which is luckily very low and means it might be way less than 1 % dying and it's possible to control it (so far). So that's actually good news.
The @#$%& just hits the fan, like in Italy, if you don't take it seriously enough when it starts.
It's easy to stay home for a week and stop spreading it like wildfire.
It's turns into a disaster if you can't keep track of it anymore and your elderly can't get treated anymore because the hospitals are over their capacity - like it's happening in Italy now.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 12:45PM
White Pines Tenn CANCELED theres some bad stuff going on and the rest of the story is not being told

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 12:54PM
Sounds like Cowtown Showdown is no longer available to spectators due to the virus.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 01:02PM
LEWIS
White Pines Tenn CANCELED theres some bad stuff going on and the rest of the story is not being told

Yes, this is bad stuff Lewis, bad enough that Tennessee's Gov. Bill Lee has canceled multiple events in State-owned buildings across the state.

No need to read anymore into it.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Where is the news with this? March 12, 2020 01:46PM
If yall think this doesn't run deeper than what you see, then you should read the link below. I believe that it runs even deeper than what you are about to read. The I believe at a minimum, that there are politically associated parties of people who are involved as well. Otherwise why is this link not being publicized by the big media companies? Is it because they were warned not to spill the beans just yet? Yes this is a horrible thing, yes I believe that there is no stopping it. I believe that this was a biological warfare experiment that has gotten out of control and as you will read below, A US professor is involved and God only knows who else. If anyone believes that the radicals that have been creating all the turmoil in our country, are beyond being involved in such a secretive scheme, then you better open your eyes! Again, yes it's real, and its terrible, but there is a whole lot more to this that time and investigations will reveal. Be ready people! Its gonna get real! Come to know Christ before it's to late! The King is coming! Amen!

[www.justice.gov]

Re: Where is the news with this? March 12, 2020 03:00PM
Joe Rogan is best known as a comedian but also has a podcast that can be very good...or bad at times. The link is to a recent episode that is very, very good and very timely:

video: [youtu.be]

The guy being interviewed has an elite resume' with regard to infectious diseases. It's worth a watch or listen.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Where is the news with this? March 13, 2020 12:28AM
Based upon the level of relevant detail in that article, I expect that you also conclude that those who take insulin injections are at risk for diabetes...

CP

Prop 65.1 Warning

This post is known to the state of Cancer to cause California...

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 02:19AM
Thanks so very much for your postings, it helps to know how other governments and countries are handling this situation. The information and the spread of the virus kmoves so fast. I just wish we could have been testing/researching/"knowing" about this in January. Stay safe,

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 11:44PM
I love how a post can end with"Christ is coming", but a guy says, with evidence, that's 88000 die per year from alcohol, and gets threatened with being deleted. Seems as if there is a bit of propaganda being posted in the thread!!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 12:06AM
swampy
I love how a post can end with"Christ is coming", but a guy says, with evidence, that's 88000 die per year from alcohol, and gets threatened with being deleted. Seems as if there is a bit of propaganda being posted in the thread!!

Alcohol deaths = people choosing to drink and ending their own life, another's life, or both by any number of means from long term abuse or drunk driving, for example.

COVID-19 = A person unknowingly contracts a virus from a carrier who isnt sick, and dies.

How is the mortality in either case related other than the end result?

Wash your hands, cough into your sleeve, and stay on the subject at hand.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 12:22AM
I guess you only read what you wanted out of my post. Makes sense.
I will be sure to continue on as I always have as everyone should!! It's been labeled a pandemic because the public and government has let it.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 01:17AM
The guy who stated Christ is coming had an entire post that was related to the virus. I don't agree with much of the premise of his post and I don't think the article linked showed any relation to COVID-19, but he did. He believes in some greater conspiracy by the US.... I don't but at least it was on topic. (As a side note, I am a Christian and I do believe Christ will return someday, but I don't think fear mongering is helpful)

The guy who brought up alcohol deaths... what does that have to do with this discussion? Do you know how many people have died of lightning strikes? Neither do I and I don't really care, it has nothing to do with this topic. It's an extremely weak strawman argument. We're not comparing death rates, and even if were were... we are at the very beginning of this outbreak, it's like saying he can lift more weight than an infant. Maybe when the kid grows up he'll kick your butt... maybe not. That's the whole point we don't know yet. It's not comparing apple to oranges, it's comparing apples to orange blossoms.

Swampy, I haven't seen anyone say you need to completely change your life. You should continue on as normal with a few minor tweaks like Bryan mentioned. Wash your hands a little more often, be more aware of other people and steer clear of people who are coughing, cough into your sleeve, don't shake hands, stay home if you feel sick, and prepare for other disruptions in your life. It's nothing major, just common sense and some heightened awareness. This is serious but it's nothing most of us can't handle.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 12, 2020 11:35PM
You also haven't been hit by a train yet either. Do you stop at a train crossing if you see one coming?

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 01:20AM
Keystone was just cancelled by the Gov. of PA! This is a real shame for the promoters, pullers, and fans.
"Fans, customers, pullers and friends, we regret to inform you that the 2020 Keystone Truck and Tractor Pull will be cancelled for the remainder of the weekend. As ordered by Governor Tom Wolf, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture will be announcing the cancellation of our event at the Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in an effort to fight against the spread of COVID-19.

Once we vacate the facility, we will turn our focus to refunding your ticket fees. Please continue to watch our social media channels and website for instructions. We look forward to seeing you at the 2021 Keystone National Truck and Tractor Pull and appreciate your patience and support.

Pullers will be provided with move out direction upon arrival to the facility. Please read all instructions carefully."

So we know the answer is YES, COVID-19 will affect tractor pulling. Now, how long will it last? And how much will it change our summer? Some things are beyond our control.

Wash your hands regularly, keep calm and carry on, don't play politics, and prepare for long-term disruptions (hopefully they won't happen),

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:04AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 03:09AM
Shipshewana NTPA Event Cancelled Due to State Order...
[ntpapull.com]

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 04:00AM
This maybe a dumb question but will they cancel farm auctions? Some draw a pretty good crowd

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 04:22AM
Some auctions are going to on-line only.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 05:16AM
I'm sure there'll be some cancellations.

Sullivan just waived internet bidding premiums for the foreseeable future, and I suspect you'll see other auctioneers following suit fairly soon.

NTPA Shipshe March 13, 2020 04:30AM
Dammit!! JW

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 04:13AM
Any one know what kind of emergency meeting was held in Champaign Il concerning this outbreak? Rumors galore.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 06:45AM
Just wanted to clarify my intent with previous post. The post wasn't intended to Induce panic or fear. I was only saying that it seems like a really big coincidence that these arrests, this covid19 virus and the global wide spread of this horrible virus all at the beginning of a Presidential election year, especially after all the false narratives to attack our President and the voice of the American people. Could it be possible it is all a coincidence? Maybe? I'm just saying it is certainly not beyond what I was saying. Maybe it was an experiment to see how rapid a virus like this could spread? Maybe, maybe not? If indeed it is an experiment, think about how bad this could really be? Again not trying to incite fear, only trying to make people aware and to keep your gaurd up and take all the precautions as mentioned in some of the other posts. That's all I was saying. Praying for our country and it's people as well as all over the world.

Wuhan ties March 13, 2020 07:08AM
One more thing, another big coincidence. The professor that was arrested was linked to Wuhan University of China and lied about his ties and actions. Wasn't Wuhan where this "Supposedly Started"? I believe that it was already planted here and we didn't know what it was until the China and other countries outbreak. Then we started testing for it here recently. Anyway, that's all I've got on the matter. Be safe everyone!

Re: Wuhan ties March 13, 2020 07:17AM
Harvard Scientist and ties to Wuhan China...

Re: Wuhan ties March 14, 2020 10:16AM
Where is the news
One more thing, another big coincidence. The professor that was arrested was linked to Wuhan University of China and lied about his ties and actions. Wasn't Wuhan where this "Supposedly Started"? I believe that it was already planted here and we didn't know what it was until the China and other countries outbreak. Then we started testing for it here recently. Anyway, that's all I've got on the matter. Be safe everyone!

While we're telling some whoppers, let's also talk about the two Chinese agents last month who (1) got themselves infected with SARS CoV-2, (2) secretly traveled to Mexico instead of the U.S. so that they could (3) walk a couple hundred miles through the desert and sneak across our boarder so that they could infect Americans.
(Let's all chant: Build That Wall!)

Then there's also the one that says this whole thing is a hoax and none of it is actually real. Let's kick that one around a while as well.

Please keep us informed "Where is the News"! Keep your eyes on those quality Facebook news sites for the next conspiracy theory. No sense in all of us living in reality when we can bring ourselves to believe some completely fabricated B.S.

Re: Wuhan ties March 14, 2020 11:43AM
Face in crowd

While we're telling some whoppers, let's also talk about the two Chinese agents last month who (1) got themselves infected with SARS CoV-2, (2) secretly traveled to Mexico instead of the U.S. so that they could (3) walk a couple hundred miles through the desert and sneak across our boarder so that they could infect Americans.
(Let's all chant: Build That Wall!)

Then there's also the one that says this whole thing is a hoax and none of it is actually real. Let's kick that one around a while as well.

Please keep us informed "Where is the News"! Keep your eyes on those quality Facebook news sites for the next conspiracy theory. No sense in all of us living in reality when we can bring ourselves to believe some completely fabricated B.S.

First off, face in a crowd, explain where " I've told some whoppers " and "fabricated B.S."? I have presented FACTS, along with MY OPINION! If you are smart enough to comprehend what I have typed then you would see that.
Second, I do not have a Facebook account to keep up on the gossip "on those quality Facebook news sites " apparently that's where you go for news?
You are the one telling people to "Check out Facebook "
Third, I do not need the Government telling me what to do. I have enough sense to know that this is a very serious situation and rest assured I will be taking every precaution I can possibly take to avoid this or any other plague or outbreak that comes about. As Jake and others have stated, wash hands and use extra caution as we move forward.
Fourth, I agree for the most part of what Jake and Dick have stated in there posts regarding this matter as well, especially the FACTS! I totally respect their OPINIONS, as well as others, on this matter as well. There is a big difference in ones OPINION, than "Telling a whopper, and Fabricating B.S.! Especially when one's posts contain Actual facts and references included in their posts. Thanks for doing what you do Jake! This is my "FACEBOOK" Lol. be safe everyone!

Re: Wuhan ties March 18, 2020 01:14PM
OK, whatever. Just don't be using "facts" to spread B.S.

I'm glad the flat earthers and peanut gallery have finally come around to the reality that we are in for a very rough time. It's got nothing to do with politics. We all have to pull together.

And let's talk the young people into staying home as well.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 07:13AM
Great read beginning to end Smoking

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 07:40AM
Hadn't the ohio Gov banned all gatherings over 100 people if so ,that cancels pulls in general??

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 07:59AM
Starting Monday all schools are being closed for 3 weeks in Ohio

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 13, 2020 01:48PM
Ohio governor has banned any gathering of over 100 people. Just fyi

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 12:59AM
Mid Florida pullers just posted the show in April now cancelled
[www.facebook.com]

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 03:49AM
We the deplorables aren't the ones playing politics..... PRESIDENT Trump is not playing politics.... The fear mongering is real and to the left.... Italy has a population of 62 million compared to the U.S. 330 million and compared to China's 1.4 BILLION... with a B... it's like comparing apples and oranges... Socialism and Communism will always be inferior to capitalism and freedom... I do not like where this is going with all the government closures. It is a slippery slope. There is already and article out there about the Champaign Il. Mayor declaring and emergency and how she COULD (hasn't as of yet) ban liquor and firearms/ammo sales, as well as GASOLINE.... Think about that for a minute.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 05:05AM
I agree that there's plenty of fear mongering, there's also plenty of ignorance with people acting like this is just a Common Cold and downplaying it. If you're over-reacting to hurt the President then you're politicizing it and that's a disgrace. If your under-reacting to protect the President then you're also politicizing it and that's a disgrace too. It's not Ebola, but it's not a Common Cold or Flu either. We need to be realistic and take appropriate precautions. I've simply stated facts, not fear mongering. I can't change the facts.

Here are some interesting (updated) facts:
Italy's current death rate has risen to 7.1% according to the official numbers.
Italy's current recovery rate is only 8.1% according to the official numbers.

Those numbers indicate that recovery is a long(ish) process of probably a few weeks to a month for the other 85% of people. A long recovery rate is not a good thing for health care networks. That's why there are so many cancellations... to flatten the curve that I posted in one of my other posts. The entire goal for the US now is to slow the spread of the virus to limit the number of people going to the hospital at any given time. It's NOT to stop the spread, but just to slow it. Canceling group gatherings slows the rate of infection. It's not to hurt the President, but rather to help the hospitals from being overloaded in a few weeks.

This is also not a snow event that will be over in a few days. We are looking at long-term disruption of our lives (and the economy). We're looking at months of disruptions before we know where this is truly going. These 2-week cancellations will quickly turn into 2-months as the number of cases continues to grow.

One other note: I use Italy as an example because I trust the numbers that they're reporting. I trust that they are actually telling the truth compared to many other countries. I'm also following the numbers in S. Korea very closely and they look really, really good but their testing and early detection is far superior to ours so far. If you add Italy and S. Korea's numbers together you still get a 5.1% death rate which is alarmingly high.

For all you skeptics out there... the President himself is taking this very serious. Just because guys like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Jerry Falwell Jr. are downplaying this doesn't mean they aren't politicizing it, they are and they're ignorant of the facts! Yes, Rush is ignorant of the facts he actually said “Why do you think this is COVID-19? This is the 19th coronavirus. They’re not uncommon.” That's idiotic and uninformed... COVID-19 stands for Coronavirus Disease 2019. He's playing politics and he's uninformed. Don't be uninformed. Here's some info... Donald J. Trump released $8.3 Billion before a single person died in the US! That's serious. Very serious, it should tell you just how serious this actually is. He just declared a National State of Emergency to free up $40 Billion in Federal funds. He's taking it very serious because it is very serious. He's acted swiftly, much swifter than Obama did for H1N1 (Obabma only released money after 1200 people had already died of H1N1 in the US). Trump's own actions should tell you that this is very, very serious. Disregard the biased news stories that say he's downplaying it and look at his actions, they are serious. Very serious. Acting otherwise is just foolish and uninformed, don't be that guy.

As for the Mayor of Champaign, IL... a disgrace. Complete disgrace. I completely agree that scumbag elected leaders will try to sneak things like that into emergency declarations. Nancy Pelosi tried to sneak abortion funding into the Corona-virus bill... despicable! It's pork barrel garbage like that that's killing our country. That's why it's so important to watch what their doing during these events (both sides will try to take advantage of a crisis), but it's also important to take this virus very seriously.

Wash your hands regularly, keep calm and carry on, don't play politics, and prepare for long-term disruptions (hopefully they won't happen),

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:03AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 06:57AM
I am not sure it's good news, but we currently (?) still have maintained a very low mortality rate in Germany - much lower than S.Korea or Italy. So if things can be kept under control, it's not going to be as bad.

8 deaths, 4525 infected and 46 officially considered healed. They do expect up to 1% mortality here (They say the over 3 % happen if you didin't test in the beginning and are not aware of how many people are actually infected, reducing the number of infected you base your calculations of) - but also 70% of the population going to be infected in the very long run (they are talking a decade). For now they expect the peak to happen between June and August. Until then they expect the numbers to double every three days (if no action is taken).
That's what our government tells us.

[interaktiv.morgenpost.de] overview map with the numbers on the left.
I am sitting in the upper left on the coast, near Bremen were things are still quiet and we can still buy toilet paper Smiling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 07:01AM by Sascha.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 08:19AM
Our testing has be abysmal and our country is considerably larger.. not a good start for us. I'm hoping our large rural expanses help slow the spread and I'm hoping our testing debacle can be straightened out quickly and we can get testing streamlined. I'm wondering if our peak will be mid summer or late summer as well. I really appreciate you updating us, and please continue to keep us updated because this is truly a global issue.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:02AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 10:07PM
I will try to.

I also hope you get testing done soon. As long as it's not known who is infected and spreading it, it's kinda impossible to really stop it.
The geography of the US will of course help. I am out in the country, too and risk here is still low. Our old, highly populated areas are looking worse. Even though it looks through the actions in the last couple of days (pretty much the same as in the US now) we seem to have managed to slow the exponential spreading a little down.

That somebody is a bit desperate could be seen on these two articles, I am not sure you are getting on your news: (I'll put the sources there - you can run them through google translate. NTV is one of our main news channel, owned by Bertelsmann and the FAZ is our biggest, conservative Newspaper. I'll spare you our left-wing media..)

The Trump administration seems trying to buy scientists out of a company from South Germany which is searching for a vaccine or to at least try to get the exclusive rights for a vaccine for the US only.

(edit - found an English version: [www.dw.com])

The new tests Trump was talking about to be available soon (the machine processed ones) are coming from Roche in Switzerland and the Dutch /German Qjagen company's tests were now also given free by the FDA.
So far the FDA wouldn't let either one of them in...

So basically red tape caused the lack of tests coming in from other countries - thankfully that has now been cut:

[www.faz.net]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 10:57PM by Sascha.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 15, 2020 10:38AM
Sascha, I for one am not inclined to put much faith in some of this info. It sure seems like the left bashing our President. Same ol stuff we have been tolerating for years now. Im not sure we need Europeans jumping on the bandwagon. There seems to be a fair share of issues in Euope that could use fixing.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 15, 2020 10:51AM
That's why I am not quoting left wing media from here but stay with FAZ and NTV.
Anyhow - the founder of CureVac is back in charge, the CEO got fired and the company will supply vaccine for everybody - if they find one.

As for the tests: It was FDA and CDC regulation red tape (which might very well have been introduced by the Obama administration) causing this mess. Listen to Trump how he said he has done away with the red tape.
This also affected tests made in the US that couldn't be used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 10:19PM by Sascha.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 15, 2020 12:30PM
That is a fair explanation

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 02:36AM
If this does blow over,so to say,it is still here,part of the planet forever,if it blows over by June 1 i still dont think people in general will feel comfortable sitting in bleachers less than 18 inches from another person till possibly next season.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 10:09AM
"These 2-week cancellations will quickly turn into 2-months as the number of cases continues to grow."

You're talking about a population that is dumb enough to get in fights over black Friday Christmas shopping and hoard silly items. Barring some dramatic events in these next two weeks, people don't have the patience for a lengthy disruption in their lives like this. They're not going to sit at home and put their lives on hold for months at a time.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 10:22AM
IL Ryan
"These 2-week cancellations will quickly turn into 2-months as the number of cases continues to grow."

You're talking about a population that is dumb enough to get in fights over black Friday Christmas shopping and hoard silly items. Barring some dramatic events in these next two weeks, people don't have the patience for a lengthy disruption in their lives like this. They're not going to sit at home and put their lives on hold for months at a time.

Check out Facebook. Maybe my friends are just dumber than most, but there are a fair number of people who think we are "jumping the gun" and "overreacting" with all of these cancellations. It's as if these folks need it to get completely out of hand BEFORE THEIR OWN EYES before they will believe in this threat. But then, that's really the way it's always been. That's why government has to lead us.

We responded a couple weeks too late though. It's going to be tough to slow this thing down, but the cancellation of bigger events will help and it certainly got people's attention.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 05:08AM
With the help of the news media China found out just how easy it is to cause panic and shut down the US....What will they try next?

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 06:10AM
So you really think that China and the news media fooled President Trump into declaring a national emergency. I would like to believe that the President made this decision on good sound science and guidance from his advisers. However logic and reason play no part in your world.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 06:11AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 06:29AM
What I See
With the help of the news media China found out just how easy it is to cause panic and shut down the US....What will they try next?
Are you using play sand or masonry sand to bury your head? I suggest polymeric sand so you can water it and keep it buried tighter.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 07:42AM
Just be glad it's not real bad here, if you go by the 100,000 reported cases in china and probly 10 times that AREN'T being reported.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 08:44AM
You have your opinion and I have mine which is perfectly fine with me....I can take the heat..I've never said that its not serious but the media hype is getting unreal...The news media has people scared that millions are going to die..People are hoarding toilet paper and other items..Its got to the point where some people are afraid to even leave their own homes..It just keeps snowballing with no end in sight..In some states only 100 people are now allowed to be together...Theres no school, no tractor pulls, no baseball, no races, no nothing..Funerals,auctions,weddings,church and much more are all being cancelled..Will the shut downs last for 3 weeks,3 months, or for much longer?Do you dare fill up your vehicle with fuel,do you dare handle any money,do you dare open a door because they could all be infected?The medical community doesn't all agree on the Corona virus..What will the impact of all of this be?I'm willing to listen to anyones opinion..

Lots of people have forgotten that the US had Swine Flu in the spring of 2009...59 million people in the US got it and 265,000 were hospitalized....The death toll was over 12,000 people and the media hype was almost non existent back then..I dont remember anything being shut down..What will the next big scare be?

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 09:37AM
That's exactly the point do you want another 12,000 people to die needlessly if it can be avoided?

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 14, 2020 12:51PM
There are satellite photos of excavators digging trenches in Iranian cemeteries? ,, doubt they are doing that for recreation? sister just got some photos of the daily obits in one town in northern Italy, pages of them ! they are burying the dead on the same day they died as the morgues are full! Sadly I really don't think we are being told the whole story over here? and likely for good reason? there is enough insane behavior going on as it is right now without stirring the pot more?

Ohio Update March 14, 2020 02:18PM
Today the first confirmed case in Columbus Ohio was diagnosed. Although news stated that Ohio is leading the country in taking precautionary measures to help curtail the spread. Prayers for all being infected and the rest of us worldwide.

Re: Ohio Update March 15, 2020 02:22AM
[www.globalresearch.ca]
Please read this like I said from the beginning of this thread it’s part of a bigger plan
I’ve known of this for many years but it always falls on deaf ears

Re: Ohio Update March 15, 2020 04:09AM
Just an FYI, the author of that article is a regular contributor to: The Voice of Russia, RT (Russian Today), and Sputnik News among other sites. I don't want to completely discount his article, but keep that in the back of your mind when you read it.

Is there more going on behind the scenes than we know? Sure. Are some conspiracy theories true? Sure. Are most of them true? Probably not. Are there people who will try to take advantage of this? DEFINITELY. However, be careful when reading these articles and any articles because they might have their own agenda of disinformation. You can look at things like Event 201 and some of these other things and draw all sorts of conclusions. Lets try to just stick to the facts as much as possible.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:02AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Breaking News Ohio Update March 15, 2020 07:56AM
Ohio just closed all bars and restaurants to dine in customers. More to come! Prayers for all. Be safe!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 16, 2020 06:30PM
Update:
+++ 07:07 Swiss company delivers corona tests to USA +++
Swiss pharmaceutical company Roche starts delivering Covid 19 tests in the United States. The first 400,000 test kits had already been delivered on Friday. Another 400,000 tests are to follow each week. They go to a nationwide network of hospitals and laboratories. The Cobas SARS-CoV-2 test was approved by the FDA last week.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 17, 2020 04:55AM
A friend of mine and his wife works for Roche Diagnostics and according to him there is a lot of information that is getting twisted. From what I understand as he is way smarter than me and can talk over my head real quick, is that it isn't exactly the covid-19 that they are most scared of but rather that it may mutate into something worse. He also mentioned that everyone in the United States is going to get the virus but what they are attempting to limit is people recovering getting reinfected.

Unfortunately he thinks what we are seeing as a pandemic is going to be the new norm and that humans (us) will have to go through a predetermined quarantine whenever we travel to certain areas. Basically just like animals are quarantined when coming into the United States.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 18, 2020 05:29AM
This virus is something comparable to that of the Spanish Flu of 1918, however this could be worst in many ways. Because of several factors that many more people travel internationally, we depend on other countries for many of our medical supplies and equipment. And the fact that our manufacturing is not tooled to ramp up production to produce the products that are now needed in short order to meet the sheer demands across this land.
I really feel for all those that are on the front lines daily exposed to this invisible enemy that they are fighting. The farmers may even at some point have to have to dump milk and other products they produce if there is no where to send it to. This will be a test from the entire world to come together and hopefully they can push aside differences to come to a common ground to work together for the best of mankind. Yes many of us would love to see tractor pulls go on this spring and summer, but the reality is that this is too early at this point to even think about something like that.

Much less would any event promoter be willing to assume the potential risks to host an event in light of all this. Many of the sponsors of our tractors, trucks pulls will be hurting if they do not go out of business all together from this.Remember to support your small businesses how ever you can, they are trying to stay afloat and many of them don't have the financial resources to last more than a few weeks of being closed unlike the larger companies that will probably get some government bail outs in form of grants and loans that the small guys won't qualify for.

In closing remember to take care of yourself, look out for each other family, friends, neighbors.by doing all the things we should have been doing all along. Lets hope that we can get through this in a timely manner and that our scientists, medical people and others can get this under control by mid summer . To my farmer friends best of wishes in the upcoming planting season, hopefully you will be able to get your crops in the ground with all this going on as the world will need the food..

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 18, 2020 02:06AM
This is what worries / puzzles me the most:

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 18, 2020 01:19PM
If you want to be freaked out..... Do some reading on Bill gates recently doings.... Read about id2020 and how largely involved bill gates is in vaccinations, and id2020(microchip everyone)

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 18, 2020 01:33PM
Yep that’s some scary stuff I’ve told people to read it also but they don’t want to hear it
Funny thing is he retired last Friday Hmmmm!

No Conspiracy, just not being reported March 18, 2020 01:50PM
Bailey there are a lot of things happening in the world that many want to brush off as "conspiracy theories " however those who choose to not be informed and or want to turn a blind eye to these things will have their eyes opened in time. I still believe that their is more to this covid 19 than meets the eye. People in Wuhan China know more about It than you know I also believe that there are other people around the world that know more about this than the general public knows. There are a lot of things happening that the mainstream media companies are not reporting on. The truth in time will be revealed! Be safe and aware everyone!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 18, 2020 01:51PM
Jones
If you want to be freaked out..... Do some reading on Bill gates recently doings.... Read about id2020 and how largely involved bill gates is in vaccinations, and id2020(microchip everyone)

Interestingly enough, his interest in health and medicine isn't a recent thing. For example, here is his TED Talk from 2015:
The Next Outbreak? We're Not Ready

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 18, 2020 01:58PM
John, watch this and come back and tell me how you feel. It's some wild stuff in there. May all be fasle but it gets the wheels to turning.

[youtu.be]

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 01:58AM
For those who wonder whether they should get tested / worried, they've made a little app / website here that bascially sorts out the risks. Works in english, too.
[covapp.charite.de]

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 02:01AM
March 16 starts an 8 week Hold on events over 50 people.

I have just wrapped up a truly incredible week of event management. The Salt Lake City Custom Car Show Autorama was held in Sandy Utah and the event ran to it's scheduled conclusion. Can't sat that for many events this past weekend. The event went as planned, with the Mountain America Exposition Center providing more mobile hand sanitizers, increased cleaning crews and a good partner in helping us navigate the National Emergency. From the Sandy Mayors Office, to the CDC, every entity was in the loop.

The event went on as expected. But, it didn't take long to realize everyone in that building, NOT COUNTING GENERAL PUBLIC, were suddenly on hold, fired, furloughed, or at least uncertain about their next event and paycheck. From Security, to riggers, stage hands, sound department, truck drivers, concession stand workers, Vendors, Car owners, announcers, EVERYONE was effected.

A Canadian friend of mine flew back on Monday, only to be told be a friend "GO HOME you are on a self contained quarantine for 14 days"--my friend didn't know because he was in the US for a car show event. He's holed up for the near future.

When do you cancel future events? NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar all have altered the schedule of their events. Kentucky Derby running in September.
Augusta Cancelled. Indy 500 a go! --But that might not happen.

The Gig economy, which I'm a part of takes a big hit. Concerts, movies, parks, etc. All are effected.

Too early to wonder about PULLING SEASON. Lets wait 14 days and re evaluate.

My Crisis Management time line is May 25 to pull plug on NTPA GRAND NATIONAL series......But then again lets plan for the next 14 days and look at it all again.

One thing is for certain so far, the information and the speed of the virus changes rapidly. One day the NCAA tourney will have no spectators and the next the whole things off.

Social Distance is a new norm. Sore Throat, shortness of breath, dry non productive cough, fever: stay home.

Hoping the green flag gets displayed soon!

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 03:03AM
I know I’m always a pessimist that’s the bipolar coming out but after reading Doc’s thread I’m thinking maybe we all should agree on a day and time and drag the tractors and trucks out of the barns and cold start them at the same time and video it and then agree on a page to post them on I know my boys and myself always get excited on the first start of the year
I know it’s still kind of cool out in places but let’s do this and soon a little adrenaline rush is good medicine for everyone
Jake help me out on this!
Thanks

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 05:27AM
That's actually a good idea - and I am pretty sure we can do this, when it's warm outside.
They are talking about not opening the schools here before summer - may even be next year. It all depends if we can slow it down by keeping our asses safe on the couch or not.

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 12:32PM
Here in Kentucky our governor quickly ramped up shutting things down because that has been the only real way to minimize the spread. Its appearing to work as the data is showing we are flattening the curve faster (see Jake's graph) than neighboring states. Personally we have been to store a couple times in the last week, been ordering takeout from local restaurants to support them, and purchased locally sourced meat and milk...a fairly moderate form of social distancing.

My point is that society, as a whole, really needs to take an honest two-three week break from one another, and the quicker we all do that, the better...and maybe, things like tractor pulling go on as planned later this year. I really don't see the pulling season being taken down much if we do as we are asked. Take this time to take care of business at home, work in the shop, work on tractors and trucks...and if it quits raining, farm...

A funny aside here but it is true, viruses hate sunshine particularly uv light. What better way to decrease the impact of this virus than to go to an outdoor pull on a bright, sunny, and hot day...it is a thought!

Stay well my friends...and keep warshin' yer hands.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 01:47PM
Strong possibility KY will be shut done SAT

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 01:56PM
Lewis we're already pretty much shut down as it is. If we go to a new level of shutdown where only groceries and pharmacies are open I'm prepared as most folks oughta be, we as a state have done a top-notch job of buying all the toilet paper and other "important" goods that's for sure.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 08:56PM
You might want to have a look at this:
[www.imperial.ac.uk]

Re: Coronavirus affecting tractor pulling March 19, 2020 09:10PM
And a VERY good interview with Dr Drosten - bascially our " Dr. Fauci". It's going a little more into detail about the Virus.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zeit.de%2Fwissen%2Fgesundheit%2F2020-03%2Fchristian-drosten-coronavirus-pandemie-deutschland-virologe-charite%2Fseite-2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 09:11PM by Sascha.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520