Bleachers at Shied August 28, 2021 05:23PM
It's about time you fans figure out to sit your ass' in the bleachers at these pulls instead of right on the barrier. There is absolutely no reason to allow people to pack lawn chairs in when bleachers are available. Lucky she didn't get killed and anybody leaning on the concrete barrier. Everyone wants a 3hr show stop the pull until everyone is planted in the seats and off end of track. Ill be really surprised if puller isn't named in the lawsuit. Rant over obey the rules STAY OFF THE BARRIERS and sit in your designated seats

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 28, 2021 09:24PM
Which would have let it go 30 more feet before hitting someone.

How about signage not placed like a launch ramp?

CP

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 28, 2021 11:49PM
What happened? Any videos?

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 12:00AM
[www.facebook.com]

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 12:24AM
that just took me to the beer money facebook page. i scrolled and all i see are dumb memes and pictures of remedy. anybody got a link that actually works?

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 12:37AM
No doubt about it. The signage definitely worked like a ramp and got the tire to perfectly jump the barrier wall, which in itself, was not very high.

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 12:37AM
keep scrolling

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 12:39AM
The video is literally the third post down at that link...

CP

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 12:54PM
Scrolling is hard…

You tube Link August 29, 2021 02:08PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSxQ57XKsGY

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Bleachers at Shied August 29, 2021 01:00AM
Thank you for posting video. I think the tire would have went over a jersey barrier as well. glad all are safe!

Better Video August 30, 2021 09:53AM
Here is a video with a better camera and different angle. Tire over the wall

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 09:54AM by Jason Schultz.

Mandatory wheel tethers August 29, 2021 01:12AM
If only someone had proposed wheel tethers as a mandatory safety rule. Oh yeah, someone did as far back as the Whitworth JD rear wheel running off the end of the track and damaging the building over 10 years ago.

One of these days, a loose wheel is going to seriously injure or kill somebody. Then, once all the medical and legal damages are paid, where will the sport be?

Pulloff Thread #1

Pulloff thread #2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2021 01:13AM by The Original Michael.

Chain link? August 29, 2021 01:27AM

Re: Chain link? August 29, 2021 07:14AM
Not in favor. Ruins the experience. I can only think of 3 dragstrips set up that way. 2 in the SE on one side and 1 in the midwest only to 100'. Has to be another way.

Re: Chain link? August 29, 2021 07:21AM

Re: Chain link? August 29, 2021 08:15AM
Jerseywall with tapered lowers are a problem for me in both instances. (I have the same problem x10 with dragstrips lined this way). Flat surfaces are needed.

CP

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 29, 2021 01:56AM
I hate to be a jerk but you seem to know everything the sport should do. I am sorry but when machines are building this kind of horsepower you are not going to mandate the risk out of somebody being injured sitting in the stands. If it’s not a tire it would be something else. Every time I sit in the stands of a tractor pole I know there is a possibility something could happen. I’m sure next that you will suggest that this is another reason we shouldn’t have ag chassis and have components you will suggest that this is another reason we shouldn’t have ag chassis and have components. Just starting to get a little sick of you shoving your viewpoints down everybody’s throat.

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 29, 2021 05:20AM
I couldn't agree less. If you don't like his, or anyone else's thoughts or opinions don't read them. Are you going to take away someone else's rights? How did we get so sensitive that we are offended by what someone says or posts. I, for one really value what he brings to the page. So once again don't read it if you can't handle someone that may disagree with your opinions.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 29, 2021 06:56AM
The class we pull in had a tractor hit a concrete barrier and knock it over. I'm glad they had 20' behind the barrier roped off so no one was behind it. It could have crushed someone. It was a good idea that other tracks should follow.

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 29, 2021 01:53PM
IH 5488
I hate to be a jerk but you seem to know everything the sport should do. I am sorry but when machines are building this kind of horsepower you are not going to mandate the risk out of somebody being injured sitting in the stands. If it’s not a tire it would be something else. Every time I sit in the stands of a tractor pole I know there is a possibility something could happen. I’m sure next that you will suggest that this is another reason we shouldn’t have ag chassis and have components you will suggest that this is another reason we shouldn’t have ag chassis and have components. Just starting to get a little sick of you shoving your viewpoints down everybody’s throat.

Maybe you should start a website where only you can post and then only you can comment so that way you only have to read things that you agree with. The whole point of Forums is discussion. Sometime we agree, sometimes we don't. Sometimes other people share opinions that enlighten us or change our minds and sometimes they don't It's the entire point of these types of websites (it's generally the entire point of the internet... a free and open forum for information and ideas). Nobody made you read it, and certainly nobody made you comment. There's no shoving viewpoints... only sharing viewpoints. I know there are plenty of snowflake millennials that meltdown over differing viewpoints but I thought this audience was a little tougher than that.

The Original Michael and I have been warning of this for quite some time. It was preventable and it wasn't like it should have been a surprise to anyone. Sure we all know that anything could happen at a pull and that there's risk, the whole point is there has been a way to minimize this risk for a long time and we just bury our heads in the sand. What if this was that fans first event? What would you say to her? Would you tell her she should have known better? Yeah right. What if that was your child sitting there? What would you be saying then? It's very realistic that it could have killed a child. It's very realistic that it could have killed or seriously injured a fan if it hit them in the head or chest. What then? Would you still be sitting here saying they should have known better? If your child got hit with that front wheel and hurt or killed would you just say well, I guess I knew the risks? Total BS. It's rare that the wheel went into the crowd, but it's not rare to break off a wheel. It's preventable and any lawyer that just barely passed the state bar exam would win a negligence court case against the sanctioning body, the promotor, and possibly even the driver/vehicle owner. This was a small bruise to the sport but it could have been a serious black eye.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 29, 2021 01:24PM
The Original Michael
If only someone had proposed wheel tethers as a mandatory safety rule. Oh yeah, someone did as far back as the Whitworth JD rear wheel running off the end of the track and damaging the building over 10 years ago.

One of these days, a loose wheel is going to seriously injure or kill somebody. Then, once all the medical and legal damages are paid, where will the sport be?

Pulloff Thread #1

Pulloff thread #2

Yep, seems like we're the only ones consistently beating that drum. It cheap, easy, the technology is already developed for other motorsports (including giant wheels on monster trucks and fast spinning wheels on F1 cars so bringing it to tractor pulling wouldn't be too hard). I've seen tons of wheels fly off and it was only a matter of time until one hit a fan/photographer/track official. Sad to see someone hurt from something so easily preventable.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 30, 2021 01:23AM
Not saying the wheel tether is good or bad here, just trying to understand the situation better. Did this one break the spindle or the weld attaching the knuckle? Hard to see for sure, but looks like the spindle? It seems like the majority of lost front wheels are of the broke spindle variety (those tend to go away from the vehicle like this). Many of the ones that break the weld behind the knuckle are somewhat contained by the tie rod (tethers would help the ones that break the tie rod also). How does a tether contain the wheel on a broken spindle?

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 30, 2021 01:50PM
There are tethers through a hollow spindle and there are tethers that have almost a disc brake setup that retain the wheel via the disc (almost like a brake hat) and retaining brackets. I'm sure there are other solutions, but you're correct most of the front wheels are spindles breaking.

I'd love to see/hear other ideas; chainlink fences, as Charles said, Jerseywall / Jersey barriers with a tapered wall don't help and there are plenty on interlocking concrete block options that have straight vertical sidewalls and they probably would have helped.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

could air ride help? August 30, 2021 11:42PM
[lh3.googleusercontent.com]

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 30, 2021 08:05AM
Why is the question always asked: "Where will the sport be if this happens?" WHY DON'T WE FIND OUT, AND MAYBE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!

Re: Mandatory wheel tethers August 30, 2021 11:26AM
Why is the question always asked: "Where will the sport be if this happens?" WHY DON'T WE FIND OUT, AND MAYBE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!
your name "tomah winner" should answer that question one of the biggest safety changes ever made was when randy rose almost died at tomah roll cages where mandatory after that dont let it get that far fix the problem before it gets to that point i for one dont know the answer i will leave that for people way smarter than me but proactive is way better than reactive jmo thanks for the page jake

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,834, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro